Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals

You're on Page 11 of 100
Go to
  • Good morning all!

And happy anniversary to you Marie! I'm sorry to hear about your back, I think the walking is a great idea! What kind of Jeep do you drive? I used to drive a Wrangler, and I loved it. I miss it, even though I do like my current convertible.

Nikki, I think you are right about it being just water fluctuation. Did you go away somewhere fun over the weekend?

Cacmsc, good job on turning down the coffee cake -- that takes real will power and it sounds like you had that in spades. I can't believe a friend would pressure someone to eat CAKE of all things -- and a store-bought one no less! Way to go on making your own choices!

Yesterday was my Day 7, and it was right on plan with ~1350 caloris and 30 minutes of walking.

This morning I weighed in -- I've lost 9 pounds this week!

Just goes to show how bloated I was from all the crappy, salt-laden food I was eating. Given how much I was binging at the time, I could have had almost three pounds of food actually IN my stomach when I first weighed!

Anyway, I'm happy. I know it's mostly water at first, but given how good my deficit has been every day and the fact that I've worked out every day this week I'm betting at least 3 to 4 of it was real body fat. I can definitely feel the difference in my clothes -- getting rid of the bloat is SO nice!

So week one is over. I'll never have another "day one" and I'll never be as fat as I was on that "day one" (the power of positive thinking don't you know). Yippee! Onward to Week Two and hopefully it will be as healthy as the first one was!
  • Hi Everyone, I hope your Monday is going great.

My back is feeling a little better. Just mostly stiff. We're going to take the doggies back to the mountain and go hiking again. It helps not having the dogs on leads, they don't pull on the back muscles then. Then there's a little store that I can stop at and get a fountain Diet Pepsi. My favorite way to have a soda.

Tyler, my Jeep is a 1976 CJ5 Renegade. I've had a couple other ones, including a 98 Wrangler and this one is my favorite. It's been totally restored and now that DH has rebuilt the engine, it'll go forever. I love taking the top off it in the summer.

And Tyler - way to go on the 9 pounds. I wish I could lose 9 pounds in a week. Oooooh that would be excellent.

I have today off and only work 3 days this week. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so that will be nice.

Carol, tomorrow is both of our weigh ins. Down lots of water today and hopefully tomorrow the white box will be nice. Good job on saying no to the high calorie cake. Amazing how revealing those labels are.

Nikki, good luck on Wednesday. Maybe the scale will be nice and you'll get to 159.

Well, I'll chat with you all later. Have a great day!!!
    Marie
  • Hey, everybody--

I'm plugging along at work today, coughing a bit but getting better. Can't wait to get on the plane Wednesday morning Still not working out, but luckily the antibiotic I'm taking makes me somewhat nauseous, so I'm not doing a lot of snacking. Spent most of the weekend napping and watching TV (sometimes at the same time), how decadent! And started packing beach stuff.

Tyler, nine-pound loss! Woo-hoo! That's wonderful. Keep it going!

Marie, I hope you have nice weather today. the Klamath Falls area is beautiful, with all the waterfalls and everything, but I would have a hard time with all the rainy, gray days.

Nikki, don't let the scale get you down. The day-to-day fluctuations aren't what matter as much as the week-to-week, and more importantly the month-to-month. You are doing great, no matter what happens at the weigh-in.

Carol, you are such a good mom, sarificing your kayak money for a wedding dress! Although a better use of the money might be buying the kayak and making your daughter wear it down the aisle, since she'd only wear her dress once, anyway, and you'd both get more use out of a kayak. Just a suggestions

Elaine, I think it's great how you're planning your meals. I love being spontaneous, saying, "Oh, how 'bout something Italian today?" So when I'm in the zone (which I'm not at the moment) I plan my b'fast, lunch and snacks, but keep enough food stocked at home so that I have fun options for dinner. I think I'd rather stay fat than consider eating Lean Cuisines or the 'diet plate' for every meal for the rest of my life.

Okay, back to work. I have lots to do here before vacation starts, but I'll try to check in one last time. Puerto Rico is famous for rum drinks, fired plantains and wildly unhealthy foods like mofungo, so I'll need a boost from you all before I go.

Take care--judy
  • Hats off to you Tyler great job. On the other hand my scale wasn't as friendly this a.m. but most likely from the salty coney and a few chips I let in my system. That will teach me a lesson. Best to grab myself up at this point than days later. So its becareful time and realize yah just can't have certain things I guess. Oh in moderation it doesn't hurt as long as we jump back in. Yah have to be naughty once in awhile. So today I will be good as gold and go walking too. Nikki we both need to hang in there could be from salt or just our bodies being tricky. Lets not get down forward march girl. I am with yah all the way along with everyone else. Today I have closely monitored my food plan. I am having a piece of whole wheat toast w/ orange marm. for breakfast. Snack- 2 Tbls. dip with carrot sticks measuring of course. Lunch- spinach salad w/strawberries, croutons, feta cheese and spray dressing. S- Apple Dinner- grilled marinated chicken breast/ steamed spinach w/little butter and vinegar/ baked potatoe. S-? but something healthy.
    Judy glad your feeling better now don't over do it. Take it slow are bodies need time to recover. Judy if you over indulge a little take a swim or a little longer walk. Going there sounds so exciting. My daughter and son are going to do house swaps for her honeymoon next year. He will stay here at her home she will fly to Hawaii and stay there. Now how cool will that be other than plane tickets. They will use each others cars and houses and take care of each others pets. I like it so creative in all. She being a photographer will love Hawaii. I plan on prepaying for some lovely restaurants ahead of time for them. Also some events in the area. That will be fun for when they go away. Oh my 84 year old mom wanted a 5 min. fold up exercise equipment she saw on t.v. oh now that was hard to talk her out of. I agree with exercise but gee! At 84 just take it easy I say! I had to becareful how I handled that one. Gotta love her! hAVE A SUPER DAY! LETS KEEP MOVING GIRLS i AM NOT GOING TO LET THAT LITTLE WHITE SCALE STOP ME OR MAKE ME FEEL DOWN. AFTER ALL WHEN IT TURNS THE NUMBERS DOWN IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yesterday was day 8 for me, a good on-plan day. I can't wait to get into the double-digits! With ever day that passes I tell meself I will never be as fat again as I was on that day, that only healthier, thinner days are ahead!

Quote: I think I'd rather stay fat than consider eating Lean Cuisines or the 'diet plate' for every meal for the rest of my life.
    It's funny, this is where I am. I think I am finally realizing that I will ALWAYS have a problem with food and that I will ALWAYS be a binge eater and I will never be able play it loosey goosey. Lots of planning and plenty of "diet plates" are in my future! I really, really, REALLY wish I could be looser. But food just needs to be about nutrition for me, versus the fun, fun, fun it's always been.
  • Thank you everyone for the support. Yesterday I jumped right back on track and already today I saw 161.0 so I am sure I will be at 160 tomorrow.

Tyler - congrats on the 9 lbs . That is alot of weight please be sure to stay healthy while losing.

I did my weights this morning and will have breakfast shortly. My goal today is breakfast, lunch , a snack I usually do a bananna and then dinner. Also I am aiming for 5 32 ounce water bottles.

Here is hoping the results show tomorrow.

cacmsc- forward march is absolutely what I plan to do. Twice a month I go out to my boyfriends for the weekend and he just loves his food. I can usually avoid salt but this weekend we had Japanese <very salty> and then I had some fries from Wendys which are loaded.

Nikki
  • Morning everyone, the white scale was nice to me this morning. Another pound bit the dust. That's 4 pounds total. Yeah!!! We went walking yesterday with dogs and it was great. My back is just still a little stiff and I'm babying it so it gets better quick. I've decided I really want to walk outdoors more than doing my indoor WATP so I didn't get up early and exercise this am before work. DH has already agreed to walk with me after work. It's just so nice out. I wish I could walk outdoors in the am before work but it's just too cold (had frost on my windshield this am) because of the altitude.

Carol, good luck with the next weigh in. You can do it and enjoy your walk.

Nikki, good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. Just don't eat Japanese food tonight.

Tyler and Judy, oh how I wish I could be loosey goosey with food. But everytime I am, I gain loads of weight. I guess in this life I just have to be disciplined 95% of the time.

Time to work. I'll chat with you later.
    Marie
  • Hey all
    Well after starting off really well last week I blew it and now have to satrt again.
    I'm going to tackle this one pound at a time and work on making good choices and drinking my water.
    I have my exrcise under control now it's just time to get the food there too.
    I'm also going to make the effort to not weigh in everyday but I'm not sure if I can manage that one. Maybe I'll try every second day this week and then drop it down week by week until I only weigh once a week.
    I'm a complete scale junky and I think it makes me worse.
  • Tyler healtier eating can also be interesting. You just have to be creative. Hang in there. I like lots of foods to and can be tempted beyond belief if its around in front of me. Times will get easier!
    Nikki I am with you on the march! Maybe preplanning to eat a little less cals the day before you go away and exercise more. Go for your weekend try to be eat the foods but portion control jump back on track the day you come back. Eat a little wiser and increase the exercise for a day. Ck it out maybe it will help just an idea. Glad you had a loss.
    Marie thanks for the support. I am back down today and now I have lost 4.5lbs since 4/24. Thank goodness a few of those lbs. had jumped on and I didn't even know til I used that scale. See I do need it to ensure thats not happening. Maybe the lbs. I was up yesterday were do to salty foods. I did induldge a bit over the weekend as well. I did well with my intakes yesterday. I enjoyed my foods but watched what I ate. I measured my dip for my carrot sticks. I am doing better with label reading to ensure I am not adding extra cals. on thinking its a serving and its 2 etc. I'm enjoying strawberries lately as they are coming in fresh. Little lite cool whip and I have myself a nice snack. This is my lowest pt. since last fall. Lets see if I can move my scale numbers a little more for the week. I did walk 4 miles and jogged part of the way yesterday. Walking without my friends seems to take longer but time wise I have beat my record. Yesterday was 45 min. So the jog helps! I am trying to go again today working on my 10 miles a week goal. Well same lunch as yesterday it was great. Spinch salad and strawberries etc.
    Good luck girls. I have 3lbs. to lose by the 27th and I have a wedding shower this weekend and a wedding next. Busy times lots of food. I will make sure I get in exercise before and after those days. Thanks for your support in this journey. Judy I hope you have gone on vacation now?
  • Morning Ladies-

Cacmsc- I am really going to try your sugestions next time I go out for the weekend. Congrats on your loss. You rock! I lknow you will meet your 5/27 goal.

As for me I lost 2 lbs this week I am down to 160. I was really hoping for 159 but oh well. I am so close to it 160.2 I bet tomorrow I will see it. I am aiming for 157 by next wednesday. If I can do that then I will meet my 5/27 goal.

Hope everyone is doing well.

have a great day

Nikki
  • Morning all!

Nikki, I bet you'll hit that 157 next week. Man, I'd give me right leg for 157! Of course if I gave my right leg I'd be alot closer to actually weighing 157.

Hang in there Chaarli! It's not like all the work you've put in has gone to waste. You may be "starting over" but really you've just had a detour. By the way, I would drive myself batty weighing every day. Ack! I am aiming for every week until I get to within 10 pounds of my goal... otherwise the scale would dictate my whole day!

Cacmsc, I know you're right that things will eventually get easier as I get habituated to these lifestyle changes. I look forward to it!

Marie, you're really making me loooooong for a Jeep again!

Yesterday was Day 9 -- and on plan: ~1350 cals and 30 minutes biking. I'm FINALLY feeling a decrease in appetite. I wonder why that happens? I thought the "shrinking stomach" thing was a myth so I don't understand why I'm not ravenous like I was on Day 1. I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just curious as to why I don't feel that major hunger any more. It sure is a relief!

Today is Day 10, yippee! I'm into the double-digit days and all of them completely on-plan!
  • Tyler - you are doing great on plan. Keep it up !
  • Hi everybody.......I've MIA it's my busiest time at work (and I've been playing too).........I'm down 4 lbs. of the 6 I promised to Nikki....and am wearing skirt #6 that hasn't seen my hips since 2003....

TTYS, I'll be back....(like arnold in the Terminator)
  • Woohooo congrats Marble We are on the road !!
  • WW - WI Ya Hooooo!!!!!

First week YEAH!!! Lost 4.6 lbs. and I wasn't really that hungry. Some rough periods but I made it through. Well, let's see what next week brings. I know, I know don't expect a loss like that all the time.

But, I'm very happy . My first step has been made. I'm enjoying staying at the meetings. The ladies are really nice and I really like the leader Nancy. She remembers me from joining before, she smiles at me gives me a thumbs up and welcome back.

Well it's time for bed, I just couldn't wait any longer to come in let you know and finally be able to change my online tracker.

Goodnight and all the best.