what i'm going to cook today...

• let's write here what are you going to cook for the day meals...
    everybody can pick up great suggestions from your recipes/ideas

this evening i'm going to make curry chicken with basmati rice...
    it's a very plain curry chicken, not the indian version, just an homemade treat...
    to make it creamy usually i use milk cream but just cause i'm on a diet i'll change cream with white-not sweet-yogurth...
    i let the chopped chicken rest dipped into a sauce made with yogurth, little extravirgin olive oil and salt for a few hours...
    then put the chicken and the sauce in a pan, let cook and add curry as much as i want...
    i serve it with rice just stewd, with nothing in...
  • OK, I'll play. Tonight I'm not really doing any sort of fancy recipe but I'll share just the same. (I like curry chicken so I'll give that one a go sometime soon as well)

Grilled salmon - salmon filets (skin on), marinated in lemon juice for about 10 mins. Dust with black pepper and top with fresh dill. Grilled on the barbque just until the pink brightens on both sides.

Side dishes - grilled portabell mushrooms (marinted in a little balsamic vinegar for a few mins), wild rice.

Now I'm hungry for supper.

~Dee
  • mhm...salmon...(homer simpson's voice)
  • Today I am making a crockpot of chicken stroganoff... yum! For dinner I am baking sliced red pepper strips and fresh asparagus and either an ear of corn (baked) or sweet potato baked with salsa and fresh onion. Perhaps a bit of fresh tomato.
  • today is sunday...
    so for lunch...lasagne verdi(green)
    i did them lest week then freezed and now i haven't to create caos in the kitchen with flour eggs and spinach
    i always did lasagne pasta on my own...i really prefer!
    (no machine to make the pasta thin, it's cheating!)
  • Breakfast-oatmeal with strawberries and almonds

Lunch- bbq chicken thighs, salad with balsamic vinagrette, mango slices

Dinner- plain brown rice (pressure cooked), parboiled squid w/ hot sauce (the squid is the big kind.. foot long.. not the itty bitty stuff), seaweed soup, pickled cabbage

You have to know what you are cooking so you can dream about it all day. That is half the fun! The other half? Cooking and eating it of course!