workout music

• I was wondering if you know of any great workout music. I finally got a mp3 player and would love to put some great moving music on it.
  • This came up a couple of pages ago -- check out some of the recommendations on Tunes for Workouts.

HTH.
  • You are awsome, Thank you for the quick response.
  • I usually listen to a J-lo remix cd......it is ALL upbeat.....Christina Aguilera album Stripped most of it is upbeat.......but you know what I use the most? It's a recording of marine corps cadence......believe it or not it gets you going and keeps you going!
  • I like the idea about the Marine Corps cadence, that would get me going. In sort of the same vein, My husband and I both have a bagpipe version of Amazing Grace on the MP3. Not that it is really upbeat, but that it is what will be playing if you don't take care of yourself and get killed in a fire. (most firefighters die of heart attacks in the line of duty, not fire)

If you have ever heard that played at a funeral of a fallen FF you will never forget it.
  • work out music
    I personally prefer latin dance music, it will really get you moving.
  • i just look for "cheerleading" type mixes. That makes me think of being a Coreo-grapher(sp err?) and dancing to hip-hop moves. Plus I used to dance Tahitian, so that gets me going.
  • My mp3 music top picks for working out...obviously varies by what you like but these keep me moving:

Prince!

Michael Jackson

Missy Elliott (Don't stop get it till your clothes get wet)

Black Eyed Peas (Pump it and Hey Mama especially)

Beyonce

Britney Spears (Toxic and Overprotected...normally I can't stand her but good beats)

Sean Paul

My elliptical style to these can not be stopped!
  • Quote: I usually listen to a J-lo remix cd......it is ALL upbeat.....Christina Aguilera album Stripped most of it is upbeat.......but you know what I use the most? It's a recording of marine corps cadence......believe it or not it gets you going and keeps you going!
    I'm a former Marine. When I'm out running, especially when I feel like stopping, I start calling out (in my head) cadence. It gets me going and I run to the beat of the cadence and I pretend I'm running with a platoon again.

Where can you find this, preferably on CD? I'm still in the dark ages; I don't own an MP3.
  • Run To Cadence With The U.S. Marines vol.1 is a cd available from amazon, and they have a volume 2 as well.
  • great thread.. thanks for all of the suggestions