Btb Members Chat~weeks 3 & 4 !!!!

You're on Page 8 of 15
Go to
  • Hey! LOL this is a VICTORY lap!!!
  • I am pleased to announce that I JUST EXERCISED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE TUESDAY! I did just over an hour of walking an aerobics. Now I remember why I liked it so much
  • Yay! Good for you!!
  • Lydia-Congrats. It feels great, doesn't it?!
    This week I promise I am going to stick to my plan. I know I can do it. I already planned out my menu and went shopping and got lots of healthy foods. We've almost survived the weekend. One more day!
  • Glad you have a good plan, Angela! It is SO much easier when we make the effort to go out and buy healthful foods and make a plan we can stick with. I know you can do it!!!
  • Morning ladies,

Well, my girls night out binge from Friday continued last night. My hubby made a comment that ticked me off and stupid me turned right to food (plus a pretty blue drink called a zombie) I'm not feeling to proud right now. Thank goodness I'm not hung over because trying to play the organ for church service when I'm like that is not a pretty thing. I'm going to do my best to get back on track today.

Anyone remember their March goals we gave on the thread? Mine were:
    -26 Workouts for the month
    -8-10 lb loss for month (might be a bit more than I can do, I'll try)
    -Comfortably wear a size 6 (I can squeeze in them now but they
    aren't pretty and definetly not comfy.)
    -Maintain healthy water and food consumption

Well, I made:
    -29 days of working out
    -9 pound loss
    -size 6 good, size 4's are starting to fit depending on brand
    -I actually stayed on course for eating/water for all but 4 or 5 days.
    I'm pretty happy with that. Hopefully that will help me today as I work on getting back on track.

April goals:
    -workout 26 days
    -lose between 8-10 pounds
    -maintain healthy eating/water habits
    I know these are pretty much the same, but not sure what else to include. Maybe your goals will spark some interest in what I can add to mine. Well, I've gotta go get dressed for church. Have a great Sunday!
  • Hi Brandy! Uh oh sorry your nicely laid plans hit the skids!! But time to get back on track now and LOL yah glad you are not too hung over to play the church organ; probably best to be sober for that.

Binge is OVER now though... ya hear????? <G>
  • I have lost 2 more pounds!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa for me
  • Good Morning....
    Misti.....glad you like my Victory Laps!!...hehe

tofat.....yup...BINGE IS now officially OVER..!!! Seriously, its all a mind thing and dh let you get the best of it.(or worst of it) I'm a sucker for coloured drinks....red, blue, MARGHARITA LIME..... and almost all of them do a real number calorie wise. Better to stay with the liquor and diet drink mix.

La3y Unicorn.....WOOHOOOO Great job!!!

Wendy.....You mentioned that you're a 'salty' girl.....have you tried a brand of chip crisps called...."Stacies" soy crisps? They are awesome, sweet bbq is my favourite and they have the added benefit of 8 or 9 grams of protein to 17 carbs per serving!!! Honestly, if anyone told me they were good for me.....or that I would LOVE THEM....I'd say they were crazy!!! me? soy? haha. It def. helps to have an 'friendly' item to munch when everyone else is chowing down reg. chips or buttered popcorn. I dip mine in salsa too!!!
  • I will have to check out the soy crisps too... I love salty stuff too but oops just remembered I am trying to keep my blood pressure down LOL. It was too high and I just got a perfect reading from my doctor!

Robert's American Gourmet snacks are good too... the Veggie Booty, for example, is made from spinach, kale, carrots, cabbage and broccoli. It is the texture and "look" of popcorn and tastes yummy.

Pirate's Booty is really good too... made from rice and corn with white cheddar. Like cheese puffs.

There is a website where you can find all the nutritional info and even purchase them online (by the case). I can PM it to anyone who is interested. Or if there is a Trader Joe's near you, you can get them there. The website also lists which snacks are vegan, which are baked, fried, etc.
  • grumble.grumble I hate these time changes! Always mess with our sleep schedule Well,it's 12:33 here and to me it's still 11:33! Clocks went up an hour last night. TOM has arrived, and I'm grumpy Hope you all have a nice day!
    W.
  • April goals...hmmmm...I think they will be:
    *eat three healthy meals and two snacks daily
    *work out 16 days (4 days weekly)
    *drink 4 glasses water daily
    *not binge around Easter
    *not give up
    *give myself time to myself
    I think that about covers it. Good luck everyone!
  • Hi all. Thanks for the support. I've been good today and feeling happy with getting back in the groove. I've got a terrible sore throat and think I'm getting sick. On a positive note, my throat is so sore I really don't want to eat more than I have to. Still, I hope this is gone in the morning. I have a very busy 2 weeks with my church job getting ready for easter. This is a bad time to get sick.

Sounds like you all are on track and doing well. Again thanks for the help.

La3y-Congrats on your weightloss!

Angela-Love your goal of making time for yourself! Thats so important!
  • Brandy... so sorry you are sick and I pray you recover quickly! I went through that last week but mine was allergy so the meds helped!

I can't BELIEVE I went on such a long walk today... took me 3 hours even though it was only 7 miles round trip (LOL only she says... for me that is LONG). BUT there are soooooo many hills here and one of them was a killer. Actually this is my second longest walk; a while back I did a 10 mile one and that was even before I was in halfway decent shape for it. Oh and on the one today there was nowhere to sit except at each end... so I could only stop a moment to rest while standing. Whew!!! I hope I beat off some of those old fat cells and calories LOL

A couple weeks ago I walked to church and back... about 6 miles but on a horribly busy, narrow road. So today I went around through a way that is a bit longer but much nicer and through housing sections and of course here heavily wooded as is pretty much everything LOL. I was ticked since I couldn't really measure as I am still awaiting my new ped from Amazon... but I am sure it was at least that far and just to be "safe" I didn't add any of my other steps for the day... ha not that there WERE a lot of them LOL. I spent the afternoon in bed with a magazine and making family phone calls!
  • I can't believe that I lost 2 pounds this week. I really expected to gain. Although, I did exercise so that helps.
    Misti-great job on that walk. Sounds great!