wholemeal bread addiction :O

• heyy i have been on a healthy eating diet for over two weeks now and all is going well i have lost 4 pounds and i feel great but since starting my diet ive developed an addiction to wholemeal bread! ... am i eating too much bread ... please help im confused

my typcial food a day...

breakfast: wholemeal toast no butter ... or/and grapefruit sometimes

Lunch: Vegetable soup and wholemeal bread

Dinner: Chicken or fish with roasted veg or salad and sometimes wholemeal bread as well

Snacks: fruit or raw carrots or wholemeal bread

I just cant stop eating it! please help is this good for me or should i cut down!!!

plz reply simone x x x
  • Good for you.
    Simone,
    You are eating a balanced healthy diet...and losing weight..Good for you. It sounds like you are doing exactly what your body needed. You might try some of the 100% whole grain light bread to further your weight loss. I'm hooked on Sara Lee's Delightful 100% Multi Grain myself...It's great.
    Good luck....
  • Well...I disagree.

I think that whole grain breads are fine, when used in moderation and in a balanced diet. Bread alone for breakfast is not balanced-and I am also seeing a lack of any calcium in your diet. The vegetables look fine, as I am seeing them at lunch, dinner, and sometimes a snack-but there is no dairy, no fruit for the most part, and protein is only once a day at dinner-but the bread can make an appearance up to 4-5 times a day. Not so good.

I would say to try to keep it to 2-3 times a day instead-and definitely do not just have the bread alone for a meal. Try to replace a serving or two of the bread with skim dairy or fruit or a protein source instead for more balance.
  • Opps
    Aphil is absolutely right....I missed the lack of dairy. (I guess because I don't do dairy but that's because of allergies, not what everybody should do) Her advice is right on target about adding calcium.

Let us know how things go.
  • I don't really know what wholemeal bread is but your daily pattern seems as if your body is craving something... magnesium? some other nutrient?

I have to start the day with steel cut oats.. I don't know if it is in my head or not.. but I feel awful and out of control if I don't.