Newbie seeks core advice

• I am thinking about switching to core from plain points. I went to the orientation the first day I joined WW, but everyone there said they were doing points, not core, so we only had a very brief overview. I don't weigh in until Saturday.

So -- if I switch to core tomorrow, how can I figure out what kinds of meals? I see my food guide, but there seem to be major categories of food missing -- like bread. Is this just basically a low carb diet?

Also, the FAQ for Core seems to have disappeared. Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks for your help!
  • its not low carb bc you can have as much whole wheat rice, potatoes or whole wheat pasta as needed 1x a day plus you can have cereal 1x a day
  • Hi! You can get some great ideas by checking out our recipe threads. We also post daily menus, but I don't know how great they've been lately. Core is not low-carb. You can also use your 35 wpas on whatever foods you want. Hope it helps!
  • What are the other restrictions? I don't have my getting started booklet anymore, and I am loathe to drag two kids in there a week early just to get another copy. I called the 800 number and they told me that I can talk with my leader, but they could not put me through to my leader on the phone. They said that the carbs could only be eaten once a day. I think that even though that is not "low carb" it is lower carbs than I am currently eating.
  • 1x a day yes but its as much as needed at that meal and the 1x a day choices are not limited to the cereal. you can have unlimited cereal in the a.m. and potatoes at night. anything else is deducted from wpa's