Hot Water and Lemon

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok - maybe I'm overthinking this , but how do you make your hw & lemon? I checked my entire plan (bought mine off the internet) and it doesn't really say anything about it. Is it the juice of entire lemon added to a cup of hot water? Sounds silly, but I'd like to make sure I'm doing everything according to plan so I don't retain water, which is a big side effect of stopping smoking.

Between no cigarettes and lack of interesting food on TO - I am a bit of a @# %*& today.
  • I checked my plan, too, and all it said was "hot fresh lemon water, up to two cups per day." That was for the fast forward stage of my plan. Maybe you just squeeze lemon juice into hot water until you like the taste?

I'm curious to know the answer to this one, also.

Christine
  • I poke a whole lemon with a fork a few times, place it in a bowl, and put in the microwave for one minute. After it cools a little I cut it in half, still in the bowl, so that you don't lose any juice, and squeeze one half into a tall glass, then I fill the glass the rest of the way with hot tap water. I slam this water, then about an hour later, I come back and repeat with the other half of lemon and the rest of the juice in the bowl. So total it is about 32 oz of lemon water. This always works for me. Heating the lemon will get the lemon to release all of the juice.
  • I am reading this and I am interested to know, what is the hot water and lemon suppose to do?? Also, I am new to this site, I would like to know how to get my own scale for my messages..... Thanks, Michelle
  • Michelle welcome. I have never done the warm lemon water, but what I think others have said it helps to flush things out quicker. To get a tickler or scale you can double click on anybodies here to set up yours. I go through a different company because I like that it shows ounces that you've lost also.
  • Hi Michelle, and welcome. Hot lemon water is awesome for water retention. I do it anytime my rings feel tight, I have eaten in a restaurant, or I have been drinking any alcohol.
  • Welcome michelle
    My center told me that you can either do the fresh lemon like Katie does or just get some hot water and squirt in some lemon, either juice or fresh. You can count the lemon as a fruit if you use 4 oz., but that is a lot of lemon juice. For some weird reason a lot of lemon juice at one time makes my asthma go haywire, so I just do about an ounce in a coffee cup of hot water and sip on it. I actually like the taste of it without any sweetener, but you could definitely sweeten in. I was also told that unsweetened, you could use it as part of your daily water intake. But we all know every center and counselor will tell you different things. I don't drink it too close to bed time cuz it makes me pee like crazy.
  • Thank you soo much! I actually am on weight watchers myself but find this hot water and lemon thing interesting! Also thanks for the advice on the scale!! Michelle
  • Hello michelle:
    Welcome
  • Quote: I poke a whole lemon with a fork a few times, place it in a bowl, and put in the microwave for one minute. After it cools a little I cut it in half, still in the bowl, so that you don't lose any juice, and squeeze one half into a tall glass, then I fill the glass the rest of the way with hot tap water. I slam this water, then about an hour later, I come back and repeat with the other half of lemon and the rest of the juice in the bowl. So total it is about 32 oz of lemon water. This always works for me. Heating the lemon will get the lemon to release all of the juice.

This is the way I do it as well, Thanks Repo Girl for the instructions. This works for me. I do 1/2 (16 ounces) before leaving for the office, and the other half when I get to the office, which is about an hour between.
  • Hello Everyone, Thank you for your great responses!! Are you suppose to drink this everyday on la weight loss? I noticed that this guy on the sopranos drinks this too, too funny!! I have been drinking this at least a couple times a week or sometimes a couple days in a row, just dont know if it is an everyday thing?? Let me know THANKS!! Michelle
  • Michelle- I just do it if I have had a lot of sodium. On LAWL we are very sodium restricted, so if you cheat and eat something high in sodium (IE pepperoni pizza) you will see a gain because of water retention, and the lemon gets it out.
  • LOL- thats funny about the Sopranos, I laughed so hard when they had that in the scene!
  • Oh I love hot water with lemon, and even drink it in restaurants! I just cut lemon slices or chunks, squeeze and drop it into the water. Sometimes roll the lemon a bit first to make it juicy. No, I am not on LA weight loss or any diet plan. LOL I have been doing it for YEARS so glad to see I am finally "in style" LOL

Another thing that is good is fresh pieces of orange in Earl Grey decaf tea! Really brings out the orange essence of the tea.

Oh and Michelle.... to 3FC!!
  • Thanks Repo Girl!!That is good to know, I have been getting myself to drink it a little more often now, kind of find it a little addicting in a way, maybe because it is a little different than just plain old cold or room temp water. The only other thing I drink is my decaff tea in the morning and once in a while sierra mist free. So it gives me a little something different!

deetsmom-- I know when I seen that I was like holy sh*t hot water and lemon that is too funny!! I just started that myself!! lmao..

Misti-- thanks for the welcome, I am really starting to like it here! everyone is sooo friendly which I guess you wouldnt be here if you did not want to post, lol.. But that is funny that you have been drinking it and now it is the new thing!! Thanks for the tip on the tea, I only drink decaff if I drink anything, tea coffee sodas.. etc... I mainly drink lots of water though!!

Have a good night everyone have to go watch sopranos will be on tomorrow!! Michelle