I'm overthinking things again.

• I've had a crappy weekend, but I forced myself to hop on the treadmill and I walked for 20 minutes. Was 20 minutes even worth the time? I know that any exercise is better than none, but if I could only manage 20 minutes did I even help myself at all?

Sorry for rambling, I'm just in a mood.
  • Good health is often a matter of degrees. Is 20 minutes better than none? Yes. Would 30 minutes have been better? Yes.
    If you're anything like me, that's 20 minutes you weren't filling your face with popcorn. And that has to be better.
  • Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what my problem is today.
  • I think any time you spend moving toward good health is awesome. Good job!
  • When I started out (again), I promised myself a minimum of 10 minutes a day. Usually I did more, but if I just didn't have the energy or time, I told myself at least it was something. Now, I've upped it to a minimum of 15 minutes a day. It IS making a difference. Mostly because I won't let myself NOT do the minimum! Today is Day 79 and I've lost 9 pounds! It's slow, but it's doable for me and my life!

Congratulations on putting yourself first for 20 minutes!

Michele
  • Yes, twenty minutes helps. Something is better than nothing, but even more important, you stayed with the habit of exercising, even though you didn't feel like it. That's a greater victory than you realize. You're developing self-discipline and consistancy, so congratulate yourself.