Is that MY belly on the news????

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • You know how whenever the news wants to do a story on obesity, they run video of headless overweight people walking down the street? Just belly and butt shots, I guess to protect anonymity. Do you ever wonder what those people must think when they watch the evening news?

"Hey, I have a shirt/dress JUST LIKE THAT... OMG is that MY belly on the news?"

I've never seen my belly on the news, but it was just something that crossed my mind when I saw yet another news report. I wonder how I'd feel if I recognized me on the "Don't" list...
  • Lol, I know what you mean. I had a similiar moment a few weeks ago in art class. Each student had to take turns "posing" for the other students to draw --all clothed, calm down I just knew I'd hear somebody mutter, "man her fat butt made me use up all my charcoal!"
  • Oh, Lena... ... you just kill me, girl.
  • You are to funny! Wouldn't that be just awful. Never considered the tummy on the news. I always wonder about the Glamour mags Do's and Dont's! Either way it'd be a hard one to live down!
  • I was just thinking about this.

I was reading my newest glamour and one girl who was pictured as a "Don't" actually wrote in defending herself!

I could just see me after having my belly on the news...

"Excuse me but I'm not actually obese, would you mind cutting out my belly shot?"

Well, almost not.
  • The worst is when they do stories on childhood obesity and set up news cameras in front of schools. I can only imagine the embarassment!
  • yes when i see those shows, or the news i often wonder what those people think if they see themself....

i live in such a small town we would surely know before hand if they were filming us fatties walkng around, hehe
  • LOL you have WAY too much free time on your hands
  • Quote: LOL you have WAY too much free time on your hands
    Ack... that's the third time some one has written that about me in the past 24 hours ... now I'm starting to get paranoid. Maybe I should back off the forums for a bit...
  • Lena

I don't think you have too much time on your hands...you had a thought - and it was a thought that many of us have had at one time or another...

There was one of those stories just the other day on the news and the thought crossed my mind too!!
  • OMG! My Aunt was on the news... rather her bottom was... eeek!

Like a year ago, I was watching t.v. and there it was.... with her favorite striped shirt and sweat pants.....

I don't think she knows about it..... I have never told her, don't think I should.
  • Quote: Ack... that's the third time some one has written that about me in the past 24 hours ... now I'm starting to get paranoid. Maybe I should back off the forums for a bit...
    Lena, don't you DARE!!! We love you, sweetie... you're so entertaining. PLEASE don't be anyone other than you.
  • Lena, I loved reading this thread! Thanks for posting it. Whenever I see articles about obesity on the news I have the same thought as you do. My husband and I walked past a news crew that was filming for a big parade for Tony Stewart here in his hometown and I prayed that they wouldn't film us and use us for future fat footage!
  • Bleh... I tried. I failed. I can't stay away!!

I tried, but I like it here too much! I have sooooo much fun perusing the forums! I'm addicted to you all!

Besides, it's better for me to be scrounging around the forums than scrounging around in the kitchen, right?
  • LOL Lena, don't even THINK about leaving us! I am sure the people are just joking with you... your thoughts are fun to read... AND if you notice, how many people are responding! LOL