My new favorite MUST HAVE!

• My husband looks at me like my ship just landed, but I have fallen hard for angel hair coleslaw. It's a bag of finely shredded cabbage, nothing else added.
    I use it in place of spaghetti under sauce or in place of rice under stir-fry. I used to steam it in chicken broth, but now I just use it raw. Easier to clean up, I don't need to drain it.
    Even though I am now firmly on phase 2, I still use my angel hair coleslaw. Look, I can either have a half cup of whole wheat pasta or a Huge, Honkin' plate of raw cabbage shreds! I'll take the huge honkin' plate, thank you! And quite frankly, under a strongly flavored pasta sauce, you can't really tell the difference.

Speaking of that, I should post my recipe for Puttanesca Sauce. It's for a rare treat only, when I'm in the mood for something decadent , because it has a TON of sodium from the kalamata olives and the anchovies , but DH loves it. Eat this and you won't have a clue that's raw cabbage underneath, trust me!
  • Please DO post that recipe in the recipe section! I had one once that sounds like yours and lost it. I'm a pasta "ho" but want to try it on shredded cabbage.
  • What a great idea about the shredded cabbage, I'll try it!
  • I have never noticed shredded cabbage before - is it easy to find? I will have to keep my eyes out for it. I love cabbage!
  • Yes!! I use that bagged shredded coleslaw mixture all the time, and I love it, too! Now if they would only package spagetti squash that way, it would be a Perfect World!
  • I'm addicted to it too but with a twist

I sautee a small onion and when its brown, I add the finely shredded cabbage to the skillet and sautee it until it starts to brown and wilt, then I stir in cottage cheese and heat it thru. The cottage cheese starts to melt and I really like this dish A LOT!! Sometimes I cook a few slices of turkey bacon and crumble those on top....I know I'm weird