bad dreams?

• Since I started counting calories I have noticed that I have been having some
    bad dreams? Is this a coincidence? or I am just remembering them more?
    I dont know but they are very disturbing.
  • Since I've started counting and working out, I've been so tired (good tired, though) by bedtime that I can't remember dreaming much at all.

Sorry you're having some bad experiences.
  • I've always remembered my dreams, I don't think eating differently or exercising changed that. I tend to have bad or atleast not good dreams when I am more stressed out. Are you stressing over something else in your life besides your eating/exercising? It could be that if it's new enough your body is just getting used to it and it will taper off, could be though there are other factors in your life troubling you. Something to think about. Maybe try some meditation/relaxation techniques before bedtime. Sometimes I plan the day ahead but I think only *good* thoughts and how I am going to overcome any problems that might arise, so all my thinking before bedtime is positive.
  • I've been having a lot of strange dreams while snoozing in the past few weeks... maybe brought on by dieting, but who knows?

I've had lot of dreams where I'll get up out of bed and start getting ready, only to find my roommate sleeping in the bathtub, or finding my closet and all of my drawers empty.

And I've had a couple dreams where I'm dreaming that I'm asleep and I'm trying to wake up, but I can't get my eyes open. In my dream, I'll get out of bed, and try to force my eyes open, but they're stuck closed and i get really intensely tired from trying so hard, and then I wake up.
  • I can't say that I've had any bad dreams since starting all of this. Although I do sometimes dream about counting calories. (Weird, like I count all night or something like that.) What scares ME is when I dream that I have to go to the bathroom REALLY bad and I either just make it or I don't.. but I get that "total relief" once I am relieving my bladder. Then I wake up. Let me tell you, THAT is scary. The first time I very tentatively felt the mattress to make sure that hadn't peed the bed. In my dream I didn't make it to the bathroom and I felt the warm liquid running down my jean leg. Thankfully my "real life" bladder didn't do this. Now I try to quit drinking fluids by about 6 or 7 pm.

Kimberly
  • Hmmmm didn't have a "bad" dream last night, but definitely a weird one, and most definitely brought on by dieting/lifestyle, whatever you want to call it.

I dreamed I was about to step into the shower when I caught a glimpse of me in the mirror. But it was a completely different me. Long, lean, lissome. Tight, taut and toned. Definitely a dancer's body with my head somehow stuck on top.

The only odd thing was the boobs. The left one was kind of long and floppy, like a sock with just the toe part full of nickles. The other was so small, it barely cast a shadow.

But hey, on that body, I didn't care!

I've never been as slim or long as this dreamwoman, so I wasn't remembering something that used to be. At my age, and after a C-section, I'll never get the body of the dreamwoman, and that's ok. She wasn't as curvy as I want to be (as I'm going to be) anyway.

It was just a neat dream!

Oh, and when I did take a shower this morning and peeked in the mirror... no trace of the dreamwoman at all! Oh well!
  • This doesn't have much to do with dieting, but I had a dream last night that I could move small objects with my eyes. Then I saw, in my dream, a PBS special on the very small percentage of people with this gift, and I was like "oh my gosh! I'm one of only 15 people in the world who can do this!"

When I woke up, I can't describe in words how disappointed I was... I honestly thought that it had been real. It took me a minute or so of thinking to come to terms with the loss of this gift that I never had.