The Good things that keep you going...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have see alot on what stop the wieght loss train now its time to talk about what keep you going...........the good stuff..

For me its the size 14 jeans I have on today. I have not been in a 14 sence school. And ladies that been a longggggggggg time ago. I have not loss any in awile but I keep going. I keep thinking about the swin suit that I will buy soon and the trip to Helen GA that I will take on the frist weekend in May(on the back of a motorcycle). As well as my b-day that is coming up in Aug.

So what is yours....Why do you keep going and going and going......etc
  • The fact that I'm now wearing a size 8 or 10 compared to a size 26!! The fact that when someone tells me how much they way, my stomach no longer sinks because I weigh SO much more than them. The fact that I'm in better shape than all of my friends! The fact that when people stare at me now, I know it's because I'm hot and not because I'm fat. The fact that I'm no longer that invisible, fat girl. The fact that food doesn't control me anymore. The fact that I ENJOY exercise. The fact that I'm not limited to the plus size section. The fact that I can wear the clothes I want to wear and not what I'm limited to wearing. The fact that my sex life is SOOO much better. The fact that I have perky breasts now! The fact that I'm now told that I'm beautiful or gorgeous or hot and not just, "You have a beautiful FACE". Oh, I could go on forever and ever! LOL
  • I keep going because I have more energy with my kids!
  • Coming to 3 fat chicks everyday!
  • Because I don't look like I'm bursting out of my skin anymore.
  • Quote: The fact that I'm now wearing a size 8 or 10 compared to a size 26!! The fact that when someone tells me how much they way, my stomach no longer sinks because I weigh SO much more than them. The fact that I'm in better shape than all of my friends! The fact that when people stare at me now, I know it's because I'm hot and not because I'm fat.
    You go hottie I am all about that.....lol
  • My gym, coz it's lovely and I love exercising there. The guys that ask me for help with their abs routines. The people who ask me how I'm doing and how amazing I look. My swimming. I live to swim now, rather than living to cook/eat/
    My friends, 3FC and IRL who inspire me and keep me moving
  • Quote: Coming to 3 fat chicks everyday!
    Hear Hear Susan!!!
  • This is what I needed to put a smile on my face....I am feeling good in my size 14's today.....I thought we all needed to look at the good side of this.
  • What keeps me going is thinking about how hot I'm going to look in that bikini this summer That and my diet and exercise makes me feel so much better about myself which makes me happy.
  • What keeps me going is the fact that I weigh 20lbs LESS than my dh and my pants are smaller than his and the fact that he can carry me now. My Drivers license weight is off by 40lbs in the other direction. I actually am looking foward to getting it renewed. lol The fact that I'm not the fat mom anymore. The fact that I can slide down the slides at the park with my ds and go on the swings without worrying about breaking things or getting stuck. The fact that I feel good about myself and that my PCOS has pretty much disappeared. The wonderful feeling that I get to go shopping soon for summer clothes and I'm looking foward to it.
  • Watching my mom, who started her weight-loss program about 4 months before me, do really really well and feel good about herself again. My weekly weight-loss talks with her really help, too, as well as our numerous venting/excited e-mails to each other when we lose wight, have an NSV, etc. Seeing a picture of myself last week that I actually like - the first one I've like in years. And.... the picture of the bikini I want to buy for Christmas in Mexico in 10 months!
  • Let's see what keeps me going. a scale, tape measure, 3fc, how great I am going to look by christmas and how hot I am going to look by my birthday next year, and how awesomely tone, musiclular looking I am going to look for the next 30 + years after my birthday next year.

I just love long dreams
  • what a great feel-good thread idea! The fact that I can now walk 3.5 miles (more than half of that uphill!) without getting so darn out of breath I feel like I want to keel over and die....that's what keeps me going. Not too long ago I gave up for over a year and whatever weight loss I had just came rushing back. I lost my exercise "lungs and legs". I'm getting back on track and slowly on the downward slope going uphill if that makes sense.
  • What keeps me going?

-Coming here and being able to talk to people who don't care that all I ever talk about anymore is my stupid diet!
    -Music, singing to my cats (yesterday while making dinner it was "On Top of Spaghetti"... and I wasn't making spaghetti)
    -My awesome husband who decided that since I was doing so well that he'd better keep up with me
    -My spreadsheet with my food diary, exercise, and a weight chart that's sloping down, down, down
    -Not having to take a nap every day 'cos I'm not exhausted any more!
    -Not having a blood sugar freak out moment every afternoon that would cause me to need a nap
    -I'm suddenly happy. Where'd that come from? I don't care, I don't want to go back to being the gloom queen again!

-Lala