whats the best food to snack on while your on a diet?

• or when i am depressed or lonely, when i eat?
  • It all depends on what diet you are on. I follow the South Beach Diet, so mid afternoon I eat one ounce of lowfat cheese, or peanut butter and celery.

On other diets air popped corn is a good alternative.

However, DON'T eat because you are depressed and/or lonely. Those feelings can never be erased by eating. You will only gain more weight and then feel more depressed.
  • thnx.
  • Definitely don't, don't DON'T get in the habit of eating because you're depressed. I got in that habit in high school and am now in my 20's and am still trying to break the habit. Talk to your mom, sister, friends, journal, paint your nails, watch tv do whatever but eat for that reason. Great snacks when you are hungry or just need a snack are low calorie, high volume foods like popcorn, fruits, veggies and things with a little protein like yogurt, small serving of nuts, apple with peanut butter (double punch of fiber and protein to keep you full.) Make sure you're drinking enough too. I know when I was a teenager I got most of my hydration from mt. dew and diet coke. Good luck and good for you for trying to get healthy now!!
  • thank you so much!
    <3
  • Hello, one of my favorite new snacks is a tablespoon of Peter Pan reduce fat penut butter with a low fat graham cracker. I eat this 3 times a week max since penut butter can be fatty. Another idea is sugarfree jellos. Hope I help
  • veggies or fruit are good or popcorn glen
  • I tend to have a couple of oatcakes, or crackers and a little bit of full fat cheese, it keeps me satisfied and is quite filling.

Ditto the eating when depressed. I try to exercise when I am depressed - swimming is my favourite as its quite calming, or I colour in or do crafts. I'm not the adult who buys colouring in books for themselves, I'm sure
  • yummmm thanks ladies!
  • Can I just say how dang cute you are! I mean from your cute post to your cute picture. I am sure you will do just great Find some fruit or veggies that you like, and give you a crunch sensation or sweet if it is fruit. Like a small bunch of grapes, they give you something to do (plucking them off the vine) and they taste sweet, plus you can baggy them and take them with you when you are out and about. Great choice instead of fries
  • aww thank you!
    hahah
    thanks!
  • It's the right season if you like fresh friut and veggies. I just found out that strawberries are only about 5 cal each depending on size. I live on watermelon in the summer, and have just started keeping sliced veggies and ranch dip (made with low-fat yogurt) in my fridge. If you like celery, chop it into sticks, and store in water. Just having healthy stuff on hand and ready to go helps a lot.
    Good luck, Sweetie!
    Scout Wife
  • I post on message boards. it doesn't always work, but I try to distract myself by posting on 'my' boards, and venting my frustration/sadness/pain/issues in my web journal
  • Nuts are a very good choice,
    walnuts,
    almonds,
    pistachios.
    those all have good fats......

good fats are very important..
    like i usually have almonds for one snack a day
    you get to have 28-count them out..
    when you first come home..and have a container of them..
    if you have time, take some zip sandwhich bags, put 28 in each
    bag...and you have easy to grab and go snacks..that are healthy
    have protein....and keep you full....
  • spaghetti squash
    My newest heealthy snack is spaghetti squash with meltted yogurt spread on it,mmmm just the right sweetness and filling too.