MAJOR clothing NSV - nearly at 1st size goal!

• I'm surprised I could wait this long to post - I've been so excited

So I was a real slug-a-bed this Saturday, and by the time I got up I only had 2 hours until a mandatory charity engagement. So - I used my considerable (but now smaller ) femenine wiles to convince the fiance to play fashion show with me. That being me trying on EVERY piece of clothing in my entire closet, and decided to keep or discard (sell to 2nd hand store or donate). Some might call that an NSV right there

Well, the back 1/3rd or so of the closet is from my "skinny days" - that period of time 4+ years ago when I could wear anything from a 13-15 pants depending on the cut, etc. So this time, when I got back that far I just kept trying them on, and .... ALMOST everything fits ! All of the shirts/dresses/skirts/slacks (2 shirts still tight in the upper arms but buttonable). And even better, I can pull up and button and almost fully zip the old size 16 Lee's. Now I'm a 14/16 in today's sizes - but these are hard-core skinny pants, VERY unforgiving .

That means I am very nearly at my first size goal - back to the size I was when I met my fiance . I have about a pants size to go before I will be as skinny as I EVER was (13-14 pants) , which was about 3-4 months after I got engaged.

The very BEST part of the whole thing is that I can fit into these clothes even though I weigh 32 pounds MORE than I weighed the last time I could wear them - how's about that?!

I know it's becaues I'm finally doing it right this time - slow loss, eating healthy and exercising (most of the time).

I just had to share - it's a non-scale victory and a reward all in one.
  • YAY! That's so cool! You're doing wonderful! I can't way until I get to my pre-12th grade clothes ( I'm still in highschool)! You're an inspiration.... pretty soon all of your clothes (3-4 months after engagement OR now), won't fit and you'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe!
  • WAHOO!! Great feeling - doing the happy dance for you
  • wow, that is great!! congrats. almost like getting a new wardrobe isn't it?? great job!!
  • Quote: The very BEST part of the whole thing is that I can fit into these clothes even though I weigh 32 pounds MORE than I weighed the last time I could wear them - how's about that?! :
    Must be that muscle you're building! Congratulations! I hope, after the fashion show, you still had time to make it to the event on time!
  • COOL!! Hope you enjoy your new wardrobe and GREAT JOB on your achievement
  • Yippeeeee for you! That's fantastic!!!
  • That's great! Reaching a goal plus a whole "new" wardrobe... good job!

-lala
  • That is great, congratulations! It is always a great feeling when you can slide down a clothing size!
  • Thanks for the support everyone !

I have been having a very hard time lately finding time to exercise - and for a while I seemed to be drifting - but I am doing better with my healthy eating again - and soon I will add the exercise back - then watch me go

Quote: YAY! That's so cool! You're doing wonderful! I can't way until I get to my pre-12th grade clothes ( I'm still in highschool)! You're an inspiration.... pretty soon all of your clothes (3-4 months after engagement OR now), won't fit and you'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe!
    OMG - I've never been called an inspiration before! Thanks for the compliment Melissa!
  • Quote: OMG - I've never been called an inspiration before! Thanks for the compliment Melissa!
    Anyone who has lost 68 pounds is a HUGE inspiration and proof it can be done!!! Good for you!
  • That is so cool. I can't wait to be able to wear some stuff I haven't worn in years.
  • Same here, Tracey! LOL I even have a bunch of BRAND NEW stuff I got on really cheap sales to sell on eBay and kept for myself "someday."