Birthday cake counting??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know a few of you have had kid parties to go to the past few weeks - If I do decide to have a slice of birthday cake on Saturday - what should I count it as - 2starch and 1 fat?
  • yep . . . .
  • The tip cards show it as 2S, F for one slice. It doesn't say how big a slice -
  • Thanks ladies!
  • My COD said if you scrape the frosting off, you don't have to count the fat.
  • What the heck would you scrape off the frosting for? That's the whole reason to eat cake!
  • Yeah, no kidding! I made an angel food cake with berries over it for my littlest dds birthday. Since it was FF my COD say I could count a small slice as 1 starch, then a fruit for the berries, and of course, FF cool whip!
  • Quote: Yeah, no kidding! I made an angel food cake with berries over it for my littlest dds birthday. Since it was FF my COD say I could count a small slice as 1 starch, then a fruit for the berries, and of course, FF cool whip!
    Thanks for the tip Katie !! Our anniversary is next Saturday, maybe I will have to make DH this
  • Katie - that does sound good - I might have to make me some on the side to eat while everyone else has cake!
  • Mary-

I've seen the rice krispie cake too. Except they made bars out of many different cereals (cocoa krispies, fruit crispies, fruit loops, captn crunch, and made different colors of rice krispie bars with food coloring. It was really neat and festive.
  • mary - That sounds like a neat idea too - but the cake is already planned for this birthday anyway!
  • The AF cake with berries sound yummy! I sure wish we had more sweet choices some times. Heather is your frosting going to be buttercream or whipped cream? I would like the WC would be less fat.
  • Quote: What the heck would you scrape off the frosting for? That's the whole reason to eat cake!
    If i scrap off the cake and just have extra icing, what do I get then
  • Shennie - you are so funny!!!! I'm sure Savannah will take care of her fair share of the icing - she loves it!!

Barb - I believe it will be buttercream - it is a friend of mine that makes cakes on the side and she makes the icing by hand - I could probably request WC
  • Shennie - you are so funny!!!! I'm sure Savannah will take care of her fair share of the icing - she loves it!!

Barb - I believe it will be buttercream - it is a friend of mine that makes cakes on the side and she makes the icing by hand - I could probably request WC