How much weight do you gain during TOM?

• I'm curious to see what an average is for how much weight people gain/hang on to during their TOM(time of month). I feel like I"ve lost a lot of weight over the past couple weeks because my clothes are all looser, then I started this morning and made the mistake of getting on the scale and it hasn't budged.

Do you usually notice that during your TOM you hang onto some extra lbs???
  • oh yes. girl, about 4 1/2 pounds. then i get a good loss.
  • Between 3 and 7lbs. 5lbs being most common. 3lbs is during a really easy TOM.
  • Do you notice the weight gain before or during or both. I ask because I usually notice and feel the weight at least 3 or 4 days before and start to feel it going away the day after TOM starts.
  • I usually feel it during the 1st couple of days, then all my symptoms, bloating and cramping start to subside on the 3rd or 4th day. I bloat about 4lbs average probably. Last period I didn't bloat that much though, about 2 or 3 lbs. Check the scale again in about a week. You'll magically lose weight after your period is over!
  • I used to do about 7 lbs, now it's only 3 or 4.
  • Strangely enough... None... Over or Under. I stay the same for a week though with no losses. Lossing starts again the next week.