Plan for the Perfect Day - Feb 24

• I am working from home today so its always easier here. I swear I wish they would QUIT putting candy out everywhere! i ate 5 of those itty bitty tootsie rolls yesterday. not sure how many calories are in each, but i suppose around 20 or so...but still..

today?

breakfast: about to eat some yogurt
    snack: banana
    lunch: chicky and dumplins (carbs for tomorrows 10K!)
    snack: some baked cheetos maybe
    early dinner: chicky and dumplins again...and i dont want to eat past 6
    maybe a healthy choice fudgcicle before i hit the sheets
  • only had one can of tuna today, so,

B-tuna and pickles, one slice wheat toast
    L- Mcdonalds happy meal with diet coke
    S- apple (hopefully can stop at lunch and pick up one )
    D- bowl of cereal.
    (another low calorie day, getting ready for my daughters birthday party tomorrow)
  • how many calories are in a happy meal??
  • Today:-

Breakfast - oatmeal protein pancake, tea
    Snack - banana
    Lunch - tuna salad, orange
    Snack - not sure yet
    Dinner - beef enchiladas
    Water - 2 liters +

Yesterday wasn't a great day, I ate fine up until dinner, we ate at Hooters and I had their wings. They were awesome lol but they will definately be a once a year treat, I had forgotten how greasy they are. To make up for yesterday, I am going to eat as clean as possible today. I'm also feeling much better from my cold so am looking good for a monday return to the gym.
  • Quote: how many calories are in a happy meal??

for a cheeseburger and small fry with a diet coke, is 540 calories. Not too bad. you can get that just in a double cheeseburger itself.
  • B - oatmeal and oj
    s - banana
    L - mac, peas & tuna
    s - misc. veggies
    D - see lunch (leftovers)

DH will not be home for supper, so I don't need to put in much effort. I like mac & tuna, but he wouldn't appreciate it.
  • b- rasberry ginger cereal (its sooo good!) 1.5 cup with 1% milk
    s-25 peanuts
    l-cabbage salad
    s- yogurt (1 cup NF vanilla)
    d- brussell sprouts! YUM! steamed with garlic salt- im so excited! and some protien... tbd.
  • B - 2 pieces of sprouted, whole grain toast with natural peanut butter

S - 1/2 pint fresh blueberries

L - bowl of vegetarian chili, salad (spinach leaves, shredded carrot, mushrooms, red pepper rings, cherry tomatoes, jicama, pine nuts, broccoli, tofu cubes, baby corn, pepperocini, lite lemon and dill dressing)

S - orange

S - tall non fat sugar free vanilla latte and half of an enormous chocolate/toffee biscotti

S - cut up veggies (baby carrots, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes)

D - 3 veggie tacos with crumbled Garden Burger black bean burgers, whole wheat tortillas, a little low fat sour cream, spinach leaves and salsa

Super foods - 11! tea, tomatoes, spinach, whole wheat tortillas/whole grain bread, beans/sugar snap peas, blueberries, orange, carrots/orange pepper, peanut butter/pine nuts, tofu, broccoli
  • good luck junebug on your 10 k tomorrow. We're all rooting for you!!!
  • B: Oatmeal. Yum.
    L: Lean Cuisine (Not sure which one yet... )
    S: TBD
    D: TBD

On another note... For the first time ever I tried a sugar snap pea...
  • Quote: good luck junebug on your 10 k tomorrow. We're all rooting for you!!!

thank you! it will be a PD for me (personal distance)...i know i cant run the whole thing and i am ok with that...my time for my first 5 miles (back in december) was 61 min. i want to do the 6.2 in 70 min...we'll see...
  • B-all bran
    s-nothing
    L-chicken soup
    s-snack bar
    D-?

20mins on treadmill
    no weights tonight

Good luck junebug!!!!!!!!
  • I never plan out my entire day's meals. I just eat what I feel like at the time. This morning I had a whole wheat light bagel with a thin spreading of natural peanut butter (which was altogether around 200 calories-ish) and at lunch time I had Applebees WW teriyaki shrimp skewers minus the rice plus extra veggies that I ended up not eating most of, so that was about 200-ish calories. In a bit I'll make a sandwich maybe or have an apple.

This way I don't feel so much like I'm dieting
  • Breakfast cottage cheese
    lunch: 1/4 grilled cheese sandwich leftover from son's plate I could not think of anything to make today.

dinner: subway (I'm turning into Jared)