Diet aids

• Is there anyone here that uses any kind of appetite suppressant or anything to help in the battle to loose weight? You hear of so many different things and I was just wondering if anyone has experience with any and if they saw any results.
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

This is the "Does it Work" part of the forum, where there are lots of discussions about the various products out there.

Personally, I have never used any pills, prescribed or herbal, as I don't think there is enough independent evidence out there that they work, or are safe long term.
  • I've used so many traditional diet pills and have found they make me dizzy, nervous and irritable when I come off of them. I now take green pills along with my daily vitamins. These aren't the kind that are similar to dexatrim or any of those other appetite suppressants; rather, these are just straight green tea in a capsule which cubs my hunger and flushes the water weight right off of me. Try this and let me know if it works
  • Quote: I've used so many traditional diet pills and have found they make me dizzy, nervous and irritable when I come off of them. I now take green pills along with my daily vitamins. These aren't the kind that are similar to dexatrim or any of those other appetite suppressants; rather, these are just straight green tea in a capsule which cubs my hunger and flushes the water weight right off of me. Try this and let me know if it works
    Agreed i used to take metabolife, and it made me jittery. That is all i have tried since they said ephedrine is so bad for you
  • I had the same experience with Metabolife a few years ago, so I don't trust any of those kinds of pills. I just stick with a multivitamin.
  • JMHO, but I think any "diet" pills have a strong potential to be bad for you. I think it needs to be a lifestyle change, and I think the best way is the hard old fashioned way. Over the counter stuff seems potentially dangerous and only a temporary fix.

The only exception would be for those that a doctor has said have a thyroid issue or some other medical issue. In such a case the doctor and the patient should decided if any prescribed and specific pills are needed.

Just my opinion though.
  • yes metabolife made me jittery... and as i said in another post- its not hunger i have a problem with- its emotional eating and eating when not hungryout of boredom... so pills that make me not hungry dont do a whole heck of a lot.

1 a day multi vit does make weight smart now... kind of interested. not a diet pill though.
  • I have never tried actual DIET pills...I take Green Tea pills from Walmart and Meijer. Helps keep you clean! Although, I also take Biotine and Carbsmart Vitamins. Helps boost my metabolism (the biotine), and the other in my multivitamin.
  • I use to go to Herbal Magic and after paying over 800 dollars just to join I was also putting out 60 dollars a WEEK in herbal pills that I truly didnt believe in. I felt it was the food plan I was on that made me lose the weight. When I stopped going, I continued to lose weight, but just not as quick (but I also have afew little treats sometimes now that i know i dont go there to get weighed in, so what can I expect)! In my experience, I would say NO to diet pills
  • I don't know if this really helps or not, but I take a multi-vitamin that is geared towards weight loss, I think it has green tree extract in it, but I mostly take it because I need a MV. I buy the cheap walmart brand and so far I'm losing weight, but I'm also dieting. I figure it can't hurt.
  • I hope I don't get booted off here but...

I took Stacker 2 with ephedra...and I stopped because they made me hungry! WHAT THE HECK?! They also made me jittery but I have high caffeine tolerance so it didn't last very long.

Then I took prescription phentermine 37.5mg which is supposed to work wonders for appetite suppression but it only made me thirsty and hungry!

Maybe everything makes me hungry...

I also took prescription effexor, supposedly the antidepressant that causes reduced appetite but HEY it made me gain 10 lbs in 6 weeks because I was too mellow to care what I was doing to my body.

I took 5-HTP (from a health food store) which actually helped, I thought, because it made me feel more relaxed. I also read it helped depression. Maybe it was the 2 cups of water I took with the pills but my appetite was cut in half.

Last last summer I took Phase 2 starch blockers...those did NOTHING.

Anyway, hope this helped. I still say the best appetite suppressant is water.