AH! Ah! Baking Horror!!!!

• This is so disturbing, I'm almost ready to cry.

I painstakingly altered my cookie recipe to make it diet friendly. I came up with some kind of apple-oatmeal concoction that's closer to a small muffin than a large cookie. O_o

So, I bit into one, and I hit something hard. A tiny piece of plastic, or hard salt or sugar. Yuck. But it happens.

I bit into it again...and there's an ENORMOUS piece just floating around. OO

I've been feeding these to my CHILDREN!!!
  • Awww, we all have those horrors. There have been times when I'd try and "re-vamp" a recipe to be lowfat or make it healthier by adding extra ingredients and I'll take one bite and pitch the whole thing out telling myself I won't do that again, lol.
  • Aww Altari, don't sweat it! Better your kids are eating that than bacon-cheeseburger-ham-donuts
  • Don't be discouraged or let it keep you from trying to slim down your recipes!
    I think that anyone who has done much baking can relate to baking disasters!

A friend of mine made brownies with a similar hard substance. Her dh broke his tooth! She can be dangerous in a kitchen..... So, it could be MUCH worse!
  • Quote: Aww Altari, don't sweat it! Better your kids are eating that than bacon-cheeseburger-ham-donuts
    Eww...is that like a McGriddle?