On my way to the grocery

• Starting WW at Home tomorrow.

I have a list to buy at the grocery consisting of vegtables, fruits, chicken and a few other things.

Can you add anything to my list in the way of meals? I want to do it right this time and have the proper foods to start off.
  • instead of bread i get pitas and wraps. the pitas i get are whole wheat and work out to 2.5 points each and the wraps are whole wheat and work out to 3 points.
  • Get some "healthy" snack items -- ones you won't feel bad about eating. Because, face it, you're going to want to snack, and it's important to have healthier snacks around for when that happens. Grab some light popcorn, some of those rice cake chips if you like them, even gummi candies aren't that bad in small amounts. Another thing I almost always keep on hand is 2% cottage cheese. (FF tastes like crap, 1/4c of 2% is 1pt) You can add fruit to it to make it a sweet snack, and it'll really keep you until your next meal. Hope this helped!
  • I'm just starting again and looking forward to some of my favorite things - frozen strawberries (partially thawed) with light cool whip, and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (I think it was about 30, but will need to recalculate the points). mixed in light cool whip. Lots of boneless skinless chicken breast and Green beans - Oh! And canadian bacon, 2% cheese slices, egg beaters and multi-grain english muffins for a much healthier version of the Egg McMuffin.

Also lean roast beef and light swiss cheese with some good low point bread.

Hey - I'm getting excited about this!
  • You will need "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray" and a cooking spray like PAM. Don't forget the sweet potatoes. Great taste and fiber. A healthy cereal such as Kashi or one of the ww ones in not only good for breakfast but for snacking. Skim milk and light yogurts are necessary. The more fresh fruits and veggies the better. How about Whole grain light Thomas's Eng. Muffins (1pt each) That should do for a starter. Good luck.
  • Get some WW yogurt, 1 Point and YUMMY! I love it mixed in my cottage cheese, especially the raspberry flavor. Get a big jar of salsa, it makes a great salad dressing (seriously) and dip for vegetables.