For Pamela

• Pamela, I found this website and thought you might like it. Your email address in my address book isn't correct.

http://www.drkoop.com/dyncon/article.asp?id=9388

Love,
    Judy
  • Hope you don't mind......
    But I read this too and I think I need a horse!
  • Candice, of course I don't mind if you read this!! I'm glad someone did! I guess Pamela's out with the horse lately. Have a good day.
  • I have to agree...

Horses ARE great for all kinds of reasons! Good article.
  • Judy, Judy, Judy..............
    I am soooo sorry - I've been OFF-LINE for a week now. Our cable company was down due to some really bad lightning. Knocked thousands of internet access companies out. Telephone, cable, everyone! The flooding was so bad I haven't been able to ride so no.......I wasn't with Missy except to feed and groom her. It rained for 5 days in a row.........today is the first day it hasn't so much as drizzled. Hopefully it will stay this way for a little bit to let things drain and dry out a bit.
    So....I apologize for not getting "to" your site that you posted for me but I will do so as soon as I finish writing this to you. Can't wait to see what it's about.....sounds good from Candice and Ally's posts. Thanks Judy, I'll be back in a few minutes.
    Love ya girlfriend,
    ~Pamela~
  • Judy - Thank you so much. I've printed the article out and I've also bookmarked drkoops site. So much in the article is true. ESPECIALLY with the depression part. It DOES get your mind off of other things and I think getting Missy is the biggest reason so many people have seen such a drastic change in my attitude. Riding and acting are my two passions. Riding more than acting lately (obviously) but nonetheless.....they are both theraputic in their own right.
    One other reason I know getting Missy was "the right thing to do" is that it bonds my husband and kids together. Not always but often, they meet me at the barn and we all give her carrots or the kids and even Bill groom her and just walk around the fields with her like a dog. She just follows you wherever you go. Anyway, I'd like to thank you for posting the link. NOW I can show it to some other people that were thinking of getting a horse but weren't quite sure. <grin>...........of course, there are alot of other issues involved before taking on such a "large" responsibility......some people are better off by leasing/renting a horse but either way.....it's a real plus for anyone who likes or enjoys being around horses/animals. Thanks again Judy. You've probably opened many more peoples eyes and minds than you realize.
    Hugs,
    ~Pamela~
  • You are very welcome. First, it's gotten me to know Ally better and you know that I love you!
  • Awwwwww, you always know how to get me to that "teary eyed" point.