1 Point bagel!!!!

• Hi there guys! Ok, I was at my local super wal-mart the other day and found in the refrigerated section, right between the butter and the eggs, was regrigerated bagels. Apon closer inspection I saw a low carb bagel and took a look at the Nutrional info on it. 90 cal. 1 gram of fat, and 16 grams of fiber!!! This is for the plain bagel. They also come in cinnamon/raisin with has 100 cal, 1 gram of fat, and 15 grams of fiber! They are Fleischer's "Carb Trimmer" bagels. I only paid $2.50 for them and these bagels are the same size as regular fatty bagels! They are not too light and not too heavy at all! They fill you up and come 6 in a package. You can find them at www.fleischersbagels.com

Just thought I would pass this excellent find on to you guys! Hope you can find them and enjoy them as much as I do!
  • Thanks sounds good. My husband loves bagels in the AM. He isn't trying to lose weight but he is watching his refined sugars.

In the same spirit. I found some great bread. It is Country Hearth by Schwebel's. It is Lite 100% Whole Wheat. it is only 70 cal for TWO slices. 4gm fiber, 4gm protien. It tastes great, it is pretty light(fluffy). The slices are a little thinner than a regular loaf but it is plenty for a sandwich.
  • The bagels sounds all well and good, but if you are doing WW, we can only count 4 grams of fiber for anything, making the bagel 2 points.
  • actually, on my points slider and on my computer points slider it does come out to 1 pt using the calculation of 90 cal, 4g for fiber and 1 gram of fat. I just checked it.
  • It would still be 1 point even if the bagle had only 3 fiber.
  • That's a great find. I've also found "The Alternative Bagel" made by Western Bagel to be 1 pt per whole bagel. They come in cinnamon, white, sweet wheat and onion (my favorite, and perfect for use with garden burgers!). Western Bagel also makes the Alternative pita breads (plain) for 1 pt each.
  • Where do you find those Western Bagels? I've tried the carb trimmers ones and they where alright.