South Beach vs. Sugarbusters

• I've read both of these books and the only difference I see between the two WOE is that on Sugarbusters they don't do a phase I.

What are the other differences that I'm not seeing? Are there any?
  • I'm not familiar with Sugar Busters WOE. If you are looking for a healthy plan that is similar to South Beach check out the Sonoma Diet. It is very similar to So. Beach but the induction phase (called Wave I) includes grains. It also helps with portion control issues, too. You can have 2 servings of grains per day on Wave I. This was a bit much for me so I limit my grains to no more than once a day, sometimes none at all.
    Check it out. You might find a happy medium between the two plans. Both are based upon healthy fats and grains, with Sonoma leaning towards the Mediterrean way of eating.
  • I read the SB book a few years ago when my ds decided that she was going to be a Sugar Buster. I think the main difference is that artificial sweeteners are taboo on SB. The author believes that the sweet taste will have the same affect as sugar....this is from my memory so I could be wrong.

The diets are very similiar, my sister and I eat about the same things now.

Sarah
  • I have a question-can you have a non fat cappacino on phase 1 SBD? I am dying for one, but am not sure if it is allowed...thanks!
  • Cindy~Is it also sugar free? How much dairy is in it?