Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 2/6 - 2/12

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Never mind....I guess they are. I told you I was tired!

Ha
  • Wow...you guys have been busy today! It's not even NOON yet!!

MMM...I'm down a POUND!! Check out my tickahhh!!!

No time for replies at the moment, except for MUNCH! From one side of NY to the other!! We are getting slammed with lake effect...which never happens for me because we are normally too far north to get it. BUt the wind is howling and the snow is blinding and I LOVE it!! Well, I probably wouldn't though, if I'd just gotten back from Florida. Look at the bright side...at least it's not November!!
  • Hello ladies....

Guess it is time to pull my head out of the sand. It has been one horrible week. The loss of my little Jo has been really hard. Since we have had her she has always been special. We knew she had been abused and so always tried to treat her just a bit more lovingly. She blossomed, but always stayed a bit timid. We miss her......

I am also in a quandary over something that I found out reguarding dh's daughter Vicky. It seems that he was told of her existence sometime since we have been married. When the letter came, I asked him if there was any chance that she was his daughter he told me NO!! Come to find out he has known all along that she was out there somewhere. When I asked him just how long he has known this he replied it was none of my business......I am so hurt that he feels that something that has this great of an impact on our lifes is none of my business. To be honest, I don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life with someone that can lie to me so easily over something this important. I really don't know what I want to do. I feel so betrayed.......so I just don't know. I know that I am very angry right now, and just want him to leave for a few days until I decide what I want to do. Am I wrong to feel this way?? I was so excited for the two of them, thinking that it was the surprise of his life. I have done everything that I can to make her feel welcome and a part of our family. I received the nicest email from her on my birthday telling me how special I was for taking in a complete stranger........

So as you can guess....eating hasn't been the greatest this week, not totally rotten, but not that great. DId get all five days of exercise in. Buddy and I walked three days and I used the TBT the other two days.
    We had invited the neighbors over for the Superbowl game. I made meat and cheese trays, veggies and dip, put out chips and dip, WW crackers, and bought pizza. 5 minutes before kick off they called to let us know that they weren't coming because Doug was sick. Like they couldn't have called first thing that morning to let us know?? Now I have two full pizzas that I can't eat. I am going to freeze the one that I hadn't cooked yet......these were Papa Murphy's take and bakes. Maybe I will scrape the toppings of the one I already cooked and put on my salad. We'll see.....

Solly-- Thank you for the birthday wishes......and for thinking of me while I was gone. It is really nice to know that someone cares....... you are very special to me, again, thanks!

Oops....someone is at the door. Be back later.....
  • It's Monday and my kids are home due to teacher inservice day. My older boy took his brother to the movies as his gift for his brother's 16th birthday. He even bought lunch!
    I went to Lowe's and found some bedside lamps for the guest room and a vanity light to replace the ugly builder one that we had. Then I went to the grocery store. I am trying to find a legal hamburger bun. Does anyone know of one? MMM was good to me but I think a lot of the weight that came off could be attributed to that time of the month. Oh well I'll still take it and as you can see I've set a new goal. KayeC

• I went and walked at WalMart with my neighbor. I got some stuff I needed while there...like eggs, and a chocolate fountain, and ... seriously, they had one they were advertising for Valentine's day, but I got it for the wedding! I also got some dishcloth yarn, and I actually found a box fan for Tom. He is going to be so pleased! He uses it as white noise at night to help him sleep and the one we have needs to be trashed...the plastic grill on it is all broken up.

TEENSY: I feel like such a heel for missing your birthday. Happy belated birthday! As for the situation with your dh and his dd...what ever was his motivation for lying about it? I can understand why you feel angry about it. A marriage that is not built on trust is not very strong...will he talk about it at all, or is he being a curmudgeon? And if you decided you could not trust him, is leaving him what you want? Where would you go? Could you live on your own, or would it be difficult? I would advise you give it time before you make any big decisions. You have had a few major things to deal with, and grief can make it hard to think clearly. Just my two cents worth....

KAYE: The Wal Mart here carries Cobblestone Mill 100% whole wheat hamburger and hot dog buns. I am in Atlanta...so I am not sure if that brand is available all over. Nature's Own HAD some whole wheat ones, but I have not been able to find them here in almost a year. You can make your own, but that might not be feasible for you. Where are you located? Someone on here may be near you and can tell you at least what brand to look for....

ROSEANNE: How sad your son had to miss out being in that wedding. My daughter had her tonsils out when she was three...hers were almost touching in the middle of her throat. She has not been sick much since, so it works both ways sometimes. I hope you all are well soon.

MELF: You sound so busy! Stay on track, now. Hear? Food doesn't help you feel better...as I am sure you noticed!

TECH
    : Congrats on the pound loss! Yay!
  • "KAYE: The Wal Mart here carries Cobblestone Mill 100% whole wheat hamburger and hot dog buns. I am in Atlanta...so I am not sure if that brand is available all over. Nature's Own HAD some whole wheat ones, but I have not been able to find them here in almost a year. You can make your own, but that might not be feasible for you. Where are you located? Someone on here may be near you and can tell you at least what brand to look for...."

Hi Monet: We live in Wichita, Kansas. We have Dillons (owned by Kroger) and Walmart, SuperTarget and Whole Foods. I haven't been to Whole Foods lately so they might have something useable but it would be nice to be able to find something in the regular supermarket as well.
  • Monet, not only did the food not make me feel better, I developed a severe headache by the end of the day yesterday & felt lousey as well as guilty!
    The chocolate fountain sounds great for the wedding! DH & I went to a company Christmas party in Dec & they had one with fresh strawberries & canteloupe I believe. They said it took 18 lbs of choclate for that particular fountain.

Well DH called & said we're going out to eat tonight. We found a Pizza place that does pizza & calzones with WW crusts! Guess I'd better go get ready. Will check in tomorrow.
  • Howdy
    Good evening ya'll. Sorry I've been missing the last couple of days. We have been so busy. My sweetie surprised me with a new computer last night so I am still trying to get my files and folders straight. This weeks loss is 1 pound. So back down to 162. My mini goal is to be back at the 154 I maintained for the last four years before my anniversary date in April.

Colleen...I am so sorry for all that you are going through recently. Trust is a major issue for me so I can understand your anger. ((hugzzz))

Tech...wtg on your new low.

Poncho...hey skinny. ((hugzz))

Rosanne...I sure hope ya'll start feeling better soon.

Mef...you'll be back on track before you know it. ((hugzz))

Solly...7,000 is great. Good job.

Thunder...the extra pound will be off in no time.

Munch...welcome back!

Thin..woo hoo wtg on your loss this week.

Toni...hey where are you? We miss seeing you.

Bob...howdy. How are you feeling?

Susan...((hugzz)) You're kitty sounds like mine. She has her dry food but once a day that canned better be there. And she won't touch any that she left from the day before.

Fruit...how are you and that little one? My grand baby rolled over for the first time this weekend. We were so excited. She is held so much she took her time learning how...LOL

Monet....Robert has to sleep with a fan also. He likes the noise but he also says the air has to be moving in the room. I'm so cold natured I whine half the winter for him to turn it off. The chocolate fountain sounds fun.

Kaye...my mind is drawing a blank. I can see the packaging but can't think of the name to save my life. I think it's orowheat but I'm not sure. They have them at our Sunbeam outlet and at Krogers.

Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be back in the swing of things.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle
    235/140/162
  • Back for a quick post. For some reason Im running out of time tonight. I have chicken to cut up and brown rice to cook before bed.

Colleen- Im so sorry again about your doggy. I totally know what your going through. Dh and I still start crying when we talk about our Hallie girl.
    About your dh.. Id do what Monet suggested and just take it slow. See if you can get him to talk more. I kinda understand in the sense my dh lies ( well he doesnt call it lies but thats what it is in my mind) about things he doesnt want to face. Its like he can pretend that something didnt happen so it didnt. So maybe your dh has done that. Im sorry I really dont know what to tell you. I know that must be frustrating. There must be something deeper there in his mind. You know men can be like bulldozers trying to get them to talk about their feelings. I hope you guys work things out.

Crystle- Awesome on the new computer ! how fun!

Congrats to all the losers this week!

Have to run and get my chicken cut up.
  • I was just wondering, to post a new recipe tried,where do you post it just under recipes??? I don't see a quarter for 2006 to post in???

Thanks hugcrystal
  • Been a long day. I made it to the Y, but had to pull over to vomit twice on the way there. So I got in and thoguht that maybe I could do the eliptical very easy for awhile instead of water aerobics, but puked in the bathroom again. Can someone remind me what a beautiful thing pregnancy is supposed to be, please?

I'm just focusing on less than 24 hours till I know what this little munchkin kickin around in there is!

No replies tonight. I love you all, but I just need to rest.
  • HUG: You are so right! I have been remiss in encouraging the posting of recipes. I will go set up a quarterly recipe board now....
  • Monet and Cindy-- I talked to dh this evening, and he says that he made a mistake lying to me.....and that he meant that it was none of my business what he did before we were married. I never asked about before we were married. I asked him how long ago he was told of her existence. And it has been since we were married! So I don't know. I am still angry. He begged me not to leave and said we can work it out, but I really don't think that he has any idea how much he has hurt me and destroyed the trust I had in him. We have been married 15 years! This really hurts. I have supported myself and two boys before, so I am sure that I can make it on my own if I have to. I can stay with my Mom for a time, or even with my oldest son if need be. Guess I will let the dust settle a bit and see how I feel. Thank you both for the support!!

Country-- 15 years is a long time to throw away in the course of a couple of sentences, but trust is a very big issue with me too. I am now wondering how many other times he has lied to me, and about what. Thanks for caring....
  • Good Morning everyone! I need to clean the house, and prepare the dinner for tonight. Its going to be a busy day, so if I am not around much, just know I would rather be on here!

I woke up with a terrible headache again. I got up and took my medication hoping the bp meds might help. I went back to bed and slept another two hours. Its better, but not gone. I am not sure if it is from blood pressure going up early in the morning, or if it is from dehydration. Today, I don't care what the cause is..I just want it gone so I can function and get everything done.

Today is tip day... I can't think of any right now. Maybe later...

TEENSY: I am glad he talked about it with you. Its a start. He probably does not realize how badly he hurt you. A good way to help men understand is to think of a word picture that illustrates how you are feeling. For example, a woman who's husband was very successful wanted to move out of their very old, very small house. He just did not get it. She told him she felt like she was his prize trout, but that he was keeping her in a rainbarrel. It finally sunk in and he agreed to move! I use word pictures when I really want Tom to understand. For some reason, it helps. I guess it is just the way men are wired!

• Hi Teensy,
    I'm so sad to learn that you and your DH are struggling with trust issues. As you say, 15 years is a lot of time to "throw away." Perhaps you both could benefit from the assistance of a third party to help you both work through this very important part of a good marriage (trust). A good counselor can do wonders in bringing about reconciliation as well as helping people (like your DH) understand how to be truthful in the future. Ten years from now, when you look back on your life, would you rather be still married to your husband, or be living (possibly alone) without him? Would his attending counseling make a difference in your answer? Good luck to you and I pray that this all works out well for both of you. Meanwhile, make sure that you are treating your body well by sticking to SB.