Almost There!

You're on Page 51 of 51
Go to
  • It brings me great sorrow (and a hugely bruised ego and a health dose of embarassment) to realise today that ... I don't have it yet.
    I thought that, this time, I was going to have a decent shot at maintenance. But I didn't. On vacation I ate, drank and sat on my duff just like the old me. I haven't changed a darned thing since I got home. Just like in the very beginning, I'm having trouble getting started. I think think think and plan plan plan and eat four pieces of toast with jam and butter ... at night. Manana!
    I'm quite surprised by something. I know we tell folks to start slow, baby steps. Work with your food, you can add some walking a little later ... I figured I could just jump back in with both feet. After all, I know what I need to do. I did it everyday up until two weeks ago. Minor stoppage in play, right?
    Wrong! If I had it yet, I wouldn't be struggling like this today.
  • softballmom~~Thanks for your input. You're right 12 lbs is a lot to lose in a month. I lost 10lbs a month consistantly when I was heavier but now maybe I should lower my expectations.

lucky~~So glad you found 'IT'!!! Good to hear you're down 4 lbs already. Great job!!!

susan~~Welcome back! Missed you! There was a point there where I also thought I had it figured out but I'm back up to where I was in December. You'll get back on track, I know you will.

2frus~~What's new with you?? I miss your posts.

Hi Stacey and welcome!

Had a great day yesterday and so far so good today. My promise to myself is to come here everyday and post my accountability. Whether good or bad. Somehow while I was off track I thought as long as I didn't tell anyone what I was eating it wouldn't count. YAH RIGHT!! I seem to do better if I'm being held responsible for my choices. So hopefully you ladies don't mind me posting my accountability in this thread. If you do, let me know and I'll start a different thread in support.

Gaylyn
  • Quote: On vacation I ate, drank and sat on my duff just like the old me.
    SusanB, you've come too far to stop now. Why let a little setback like a vacation screw up all that you have gained (lost) so far? Look at what you've accomplished (30 pounds lost!!!), don't let this get to you. Get back on that horse and ride!!!!

Personally, I am leaving on my vacation in two days. I know for a fact that I'll be sitting on my duff for most of the vacation as we are driving for 3 days in our RV as we go north to a family reunion. Reunions--they always have a lot of food! But, I've lost 28.5 pounds so far, and if I come home and have gained, so be it, I'll get right back down to business and start losing again! I hope to be able to watch what I eat, but if I don't, I won't hit myself too hard!

You know you have it in you to get back with the plan. Don't quit while you are ahead!
  • Hey, you all! Can you believe I just now found this forum?? HOW HAPPY I AM TO SEE IT!!!

Sometimes I feel quite awkward in other areas where people need to lose a lot. And so here's my problem (probably the same as the rest of you!) ... I know what needs to be done and don't do it. I guess I feel entitled because I've come a long way and know that at any time, I could lose the rest of it. So why don't I just do it and get it over with?

I had originally set my goal at 139 but since my body really seems to like 145, I changed it to there. Since then, I've lost another 1-2 but it's actually more like gain two, lose three, gain one, lose two. No matter what my set goal is, I'd still like to peek over into the 130s, even if just temporarily.

Do you guys post your menus? Does everybody count calories or follow a particular program? I'd be interested in knowing how you plan on getting rid of the few pesky remaining pounds.
  • Quote: Lucky ... do you remember the A-team? "I love it when a plan comes together." I had quite a crush on George Peppard!
    I DO remember the A-team! And my dad used to duck hunt with George Peppard (well before the A-team). Funny thing is that my dad wasn't a hunter - he just liked hanging out with the guys at the hunt club. Anyway, an episode of the A-team was never watched at my house without, "I used to duck hunt with George..." My sister and I would just roll our eyes!
  • When Mr Peppard parted his hair on the side ... like in Breakfast at Tiffany's ... he was gorgeous! M-m-m-m-m! I'd go duck hunting too!
  • Hi Katpo Welcome to this neck of the woods, I hang around here too, sometimes, well, when I'm not MIA for a couple of weeks ...

SusanB don't be too hard on yourself, I'm in the same boat/wagon, so let's just dust ourselves off and get back on the straight and narrow as of NOW ... Just when I get all smarty pants I realise that I too don't have it just yet ...

lucky -- good for you keep up the great work
  • Oh Ilene! I miss you when you're MIA.
  • Girls, I've found something funny about "IT"...some days you have "it" and somedays you don't! I think the secret is to end up with more "it" days than not at the end of the month and somehow it all works out OK. Yes, I know it is way oversimplified, but think about it...

Of course, this is just a theory! I can not vouch for the actual effectiveness of it!
  • We're going to start a new thread "Almost There -- July" this thread is getting wayyy too long!! See you all there