i'm new...I think I could use a buddy too

• My name is Kim. When I met my husband I had just finished losing 60 pounds, looked and felt great. It has only been 5 years and I have gained over a hundred pounds since. I'm not sure the exact weight but the docter just told me that I gained another 20 pounds since the fall so I am thinking that I am now close to 300 pounds. It seems that all of a sudden I don't reconise the person in the mirror. There is a really fat woman in there. Its wierd, I actually don't feel as fat as I look. Anyways, I am not going to dwell on that. I know what I need to do. I think that it would be way better to have a buddy to do it with. I have till Monday to decide what diet plan I will follow so if anyone has any ideas.. I would love to hear them. The 60 pounds I lost before I did attending Wieght watchers. I have attemted to go back I just couldn't get into it again. I need something new and exciting. Anyways, Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Hi Kim,

I am in the same boat as you. I also have gain 100lbs since I got marreid 6 years ago and had two kids a boy and a girl. I plan to start with nutrisystem on Monday I would love to be your support and I hope you would do the same for me. I will look forward to hearing from you on what diet plan you will be doing. Thanks
  • sounds great!! I can hardly wait till Monday! Well I guess I'm not as excited as I sound...I know how much work its going to be but I also know how much better I'll feel...I mean we'll feel. I have three kids. A 15 year old boy, a 13 year girl and a 4 year old girl.(God help me...know wonder why I keep gaining...lol) Anyways girl, lets do it!!!
  • Same here I could use a buddy too
    Hey Kim, I know where you are coming from I am about 100 pounds overweight as well and I seem to have a hard time losing weight. I just remarried on Xmas Eve and I seem to be in a really big rut. Maybe we chat and become from friends and inspire each other.
  • I believe that we have a St.Pat's weight loss challenge! Everyone is picking their own loss amount.

Mine is from 6 to 24 lbs as I don't think anyone should loose more than 4 lbs per week for 6 weeks straight (personal issue to me - I have to eat at least 3X a day as I used to skip meals for days).

My goal is to be healthier and it has been over 2 weeks since I smoked and have gained 1 lb back and only have lost 5 lbs over the last 2 weeks. Oh well, I am still being healthier, right?

Good Luck everyone on a short term and the Long Term of being healthier!
  • Hey Kim, I know where you are coming from I am about 100 pounds overweight as well and I seem to have a hard time losing weight. I just remarried on Xmas Eve and I seem to be in a really big rut. Maybe we chat and become from friends and inspire each other.

Hey, we have a long hard road ahead of us. So the more people to find encouragement and insperation from the better. I love to travel that road with you.

Kim
  • I have a question where do you get those losing scales and how do you use them.
  • Nett,

I would like to go on the saint patrick day challenge too. I will make my goal to be 10-15 pounds. I am just starting out on Monday so I think that should be a reasonable goal. I know that the first week you always lose alittle more.
    By the way.. congrates on quitting smoking. I quit 2 years ago so I know what a great acomplishment that is. When ever I think that maybe it would be nice to have a smoke I always remind myself how hard it was to quit and my craving goes quickly away. I never want to go through that again. I wonder why I never said that to myself that whenever I craved another piece of cake...hmm..I guess I will have to remember my own advice.
  • Nett,

I would like to go on the saint patrick day challenge too. I will make my goal to be 10-15 pounds. I am just starting out on Monday so I think that should be a reasonable goal. I know that the first week you always lose alittle more.
    By the way.. congrates on quitting smoking. I quit 2 years ago so I know what a great acomplishment that is. When ever I think that maybe it would be nice to have a smoke I always remind myself how hard it was to quit and my craving goes quickly away. I never want to go through that again. I wonder why I never said that to myself that whenever I craved another piece of cake...hmm..I guess I will have to remember my own advice.
  • sorry I hit reply twice
  • Congratulations on a new start!! I wish you luck. I started weight watchers 1/9. So far so good. I know joining this sight has really helped. You'll love it here!!

I'm not exactly sure if this was what you were asking, however, if you go to User CP, then click on edit signature. It will give you the instructions on creating a weight loss tracker. This will help you keep track of your progress...and let you show off a little.
  • I'm so glad that we are back!! I was getting worried. I started the wieght watchers diet plan yesterday. I also started logging my food at www.fitday.com . Its great! How are you guys doing?