Simple Deviled Eggs

• Simple Deviled Eggs
    From http://www.cyber-kitchen.com.
    Double or triple ingredients as needed for more servings.

2 hard boiled eggs
    1 teaspoon mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
    Salt to taste
    Dash pepper

Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Add remaining ingredients to the yolks. When well mixed, stuff a spoonful in each of the egg white halves. Garnish with paprika (optional). If you like more of a zing, use spicy brown mustard
  • I love deviled eggs. I like to dice up a pickle and mix it in the yolk and also use a little splash of the pickle juice so I don't have to use as much mayo.
  • Just make sure that if it is sweet pickes/pickle juice that you are using, that you use a brand that doesn't have sugar in it. Mt. Olive makes sweet pickes and sweet pickle relish that uses Splenda.

I also posted a recipe for making your own pickles with Splenda but I stopped doing that once Mt Olive came out with theirs.
  • i add horseradish to my deviled eggs-yummy !
  • I would love to know how to make these without the yolks.
  • Why? Yolks are fine on SBD. You could fake the filling with cottage cheese but...
  • Oooppss..so sorry I stumbled in on you guys..I am not a Beacher...just calorie counter..you have me thinking on the cottage cheese though
  • Richard Simmons had a recipe in one of his cookbooks in which he substituted mashed cooked sweet peas for some or all of the yolk.
  • Made these for a Mamma Mia party tonight. Yummy!
  • Just wondering does anyone know how many deviled eggs u can have a day on SBD?
  • Quote: Just wondering does anyone know how many deviled eggs u can have a day on SBD?
    You can have as many as you like, but calories do add up.
  • Thanks yeah i try to watch it but they are good if u are in a hurry better than grabbin something not on the list right lol