LAWL Losers & Friends - February 2006

You're on Page 5 of 75
Go to
  • Here's to a POP day!
    Good morning, ladies!

Britt, I'm with Tee and Purple. I'd love to know more about the Biggest Loser workout. Video? And what types of equipment do you need to do it?

Mar, I agree with Deets. The body definitely needs time to heal! Hope you are feeling better.

Heather, congrats on the loss! That is great news! And good for you for tooting your horn!! YOU DESERVE IT!

Barb, how great about your friend joining! Win-win for everyone, right? I have been talking to a good friend of mine about it as well. I think the program is probably too cost-prohibitive for her, but she is exercising with me in the evenings, and trying to eat better, so it's good to have a buddy, I agree. Thanks for the info on the plan calories, by the way.

Bernadette, you seem to have such a fantastic attitude about everything! I hope I can be like you!

Shennie, how completely frustrating about the tax thing! Gosh! I hope they finally get this straightened out -- and quickly!
  • Good Morning all! I got up a little earlier than usual on accident, so I think I will thrown on my shoes and walk down the road before the daycare devils start arriving! Check back in later!!
  • Candleprincess~ no I am not moving to Indy…I just spent so much time down there for parties when in undergrad that I know my way around. I have though about it many times and would love to if life permitted. Since I am an IU employee I can go down there and get my doctorate for free, but DBF has much better job prospects up here… but I am definitely keeping it on my radar for places to move in the next 10 years. My DB live in Geist (sp?) It is on the northside right out side of Indy. I will be down there on Wednesday though for a conference.

Slimmerkim, blue has more serving than purple but purple has larger proteins…so you get more protein, but less starch. When I was at my old job and they put me on blue by mistake they said i

Star, Sy~ how is everything…hope all is well

Mary~ I hope you feel better soon and can put this behind you to move on to much better things…still praying for you

I am down again, even with TOM. I hit 151.8 this morning. I t has took me almost two weeks to get from 152.8 to 151.8, but I’m glad to be here. :banana:

Congrats to all of your loosers,
    hey barb, Bernadette, julie, Katie, deets, juliemarie, britt, heather, Carmen and you other chicks….check back in later

Beanie~ missing you!
  • Good Morning Shennie,Tee, Katie,Erin, and everyone else who is not awake yet!

Erin-Thank you very much! I do try hard to keep my spirits up. Let me know if you need a pep talk any time.

Katie-glad you got the opportunity to walk.

Shennie-You Rock! losin' on TOM!

Does any one know what a plateau breaker is? please let me know as I have weighed the same for a few days now and want to jump start it again.

Be back soon

Bernadette
  • Hi everyone! I got moved to blue yesterday. My WL has been slow so they think I am not getting enough food because of my activity. When I stopped exercising for 3 days, then I lost..so we will see. Try this for 2 weeks and see how it goes. Surprisingly I could care less about having more food, I am just tired of preparing it all and having the same things! I am over it, but...will keep moving along.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Sheila
  • Hi Everyone.

Somehow I am up almost 3 lbs since last week. I think its the coffee. I have been having 12 oz of coffee with Splenda and 4 oz of cappuccino mixed in every day. That must be the problem, because it is affecting my water intake also. So as of TODAY, no more coffee (I will be a real PITA for a few days, but I feel it is necessary). Also, as of today, my goal is 80 oz of water everyday throughout the month of February.

So far, 32 oz down!

Britt - CONGRATS on meeting your January goal! You're Baaaack! Doesn't it feel great? And yes, pls provide more info on the BL workout!

Shennie - The gov't is really a trip to deal with. They have no problem holding onto your money because THEY flubbed up your child's name, but how much are we spending everyday overseas fighting a war and now paying to rebuild what we tore up over there? That makes me sick and I won't continue down that road because it would not be pretty, trust me. I know you're a fighter and you'll take care of it. Congrats on the loss. Sure it was a long time coming, but that's what perseverance will get ya. How are the workouts coming along? I think I will order Turbo Jam when I'm halfway through my rotation of Jillian's workouts, as a reward to myself.

Bernadette - I think a plateau buster consists of strict adherance to plan, without any condiments, free foods, etc. Someone else on here may know more than I do about it. Joyuvette (counselor) posted it on another thread. I would suggest either searching the threads for it or maybe PMing her for the info.

Candle and Heather - WTG!

Barb - Congrats on the $50 for the referral, and I think it will be very cool that you have someone else on board that you go through the LAWL experience with. Keep us posted on her progress, or better yet, invite her to join us here!

Sheila - Best of luck with Blue. I'll bet it works for you.

All you other losers, WOO HOO! To the maintainers and gainers, hang in there - I saw the Fat Fairy down the street, and she said she'd be sure to come through here if we promised to stay OP. I'm in, how about you all?

Here's to a POP day !

ETA - Beanie - Miss you honey. I saw you on here the other day but by the time I was here you were gone. I hope all is well with you and the DPs. Come back to us soon...
  • Britt- do you need to buy weights for the biggest loser workout?
  • Hey all- I searched for a plateau breaker and did not find it in the threads. If anyone can tell how to do it and what I do....Please let me know!

Thanks

Bernadette
  • Bernadette - here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...77#post1045077
  • Hey girls... New month and new Losses!!!Congrats to all of those who reached or got close to their goals, and for all the rest of us for trying!!! I went to the center yesterday and I was two lbs up. I had a munch of cloth on and had a steak last night. I went to Olive Garden for lunch and have not been to the bathroom for 2 days again... My oficial weight is taken on monday so i better work to take these lbs off. Sometimes I think my body just doesnt want to lose weight!!! I am getting more water than needed, but my scale says I have not gained anything... go figure...

Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a great losers month!!!

Thanks for all of the support!!!
  • Quote: Britt- do you need to buy weights for the biggest loser workout?
    Ok I must be dillusional or something today. I was typing a response and got distracted at work and ending up asking the same question twice.

Ugghh how dare they ask me to do work while I'm typing in my LAWL threads. lol
  • Quote: Ugghh how dare they ask me to do work while I'm typing in my LAWL threads. lol

Ditto Tee - Ditto!!!
  • Good Morning Ladies,

Britt congrats on being below your Jan goal and good luck with your Feb one. Yes I would assume the Big Loser work out would be a hard one with how much they do on the TV show. I still need to find ways to get more motivated when it comes to exercise as I know it will help with the weight loss.

Heather if gold is working for you, then that is the plan to stick with. As for me still on red till I get down to 215 I know I don't eat all the portion sizes now for the protein. Your doing great so hang in there and take that money that you've earned at your company

Bernadette so happy that you are really in to the program and doing so well on it. Hope the plateau breaker works for you. Stay positive.

Erin I wish I new more about this program. I'm like you I ask and these women that have been on the program are very helpful and usually know the answers. Your doing great!

Katie hope you had a nice walk this morning. It's raining here so I haven't gotten dressed yet.

Shennie happy your seeing the scale move in the way it should. Congrats!

Shelia hope the blue program works for you. I know what you mean about getting tired of making the same thing. Did you get the cookbook as it as helped me try other things.

Carmen good luck with giving up the coffee. I'm a white mocha drinker and I had to cut those off. I used to buy one about every other day. Since I've been on the program I have purchased two, but I know they have why to much sugar in them. I recently purchased a sugar free white mocha liquid from Cost Plus and showed it to the center. They advised it was a much better choice. I made a drink once at home that took me two days to drink it as it definitely isn't as good. I have told my friend what site I'm on, but I will let her know again. It would be great if she wants to chat with all of us.

Rebeca you will lose that 2 lbs in no time. Hang in there!

I had posted when I was last measured and said I was down 10 inches, but I also had said I kept questioned the women. Well I bought a tape measure and measured myself and figured out there was no way they had me losing 3.5 on my waist it was an inch. I went back yesterday and told the other girl and had her measure my waist again and it showed the other girl was wrong. I made sure she corrected it in their database, so when they measure me next time they wonder why I gained or something. I told her I know being over weight you have many creases in your waist but if I had lost that much in my waist my clothes would have fit much better. Glad I checked for myself.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Happy Thursday ladies!!!

Well, I had my WI last night and I was down .4- not bad considering that TOM is here. I'm averaging about 1.25 pounds a week (started 1/1)- kind of slow but I haven't exactly been POP. I'm thinking of doing TO sometime this weekend for a little boost. I have the Knudsen's juice...but I'm wondering, have any of you had any real success with the Knudsen's juice??

I hope everyone has a POP day!!!

-Marisa
  • Hello all just had a quick question. Do I mix the Knudsen juice with water and drink it 4X a day?

Thanks

Bernadette