Anyone Tried Yoga Booty Ballet?

• I keep seeing this infomercial, and the workouts look hard but like so much fun. Just curious if anyone is using these tapes and if they're as fun as they look.

Marsha
  • I was a little curious about this video too wondering if it would get the heart rate up?
    BUMP
  • I have the Yoga Booty Ballet live workouts - I didn't bother ordering the goddess or basic package as too many people said they prefer these workouts over those. I do enjoy them and do them - not as consistantly as Turbo Jam though. My intention was to do them in the afternoons since I haven't been walking - it hasn't happened yet though.

I think I burn around 300 and some calories and it's a great workout to stay in my fat burning zone. I will have to look at my exercise log to give the actual details but I think I stay in the 124 to 146 range which is my zone 3 (70%). I like them a lot and I'm NOT a dancy person and I don't much care for yoga. My 9 year old even likes them.

Hope this helps some. I'll get back to you on the exact numbers.

Rachelle
  • How much coordination is required? I'm always looking at these longingly, but I'm afraid I'd wind up shelving them due to the same lack of coordination that killed me doing Tae Bo.
  • They repeat the moves quite a bit - and it doesn't move as fast as Taebo. I think you'll be okay. And you know - if you don't get it right away - that is okay. As long as your moving - that is all that matters.

You learn a move, then add on, go back and do move one and then two and then they add move three - then you go back and do move 1, 2 and 3 then move 4 is added on - and it starts all over again. Hope that makes sense .

Rachelle
  • Oh good. Doesn't sound too bad. I finally ordered it yesterday. Can't wait til it gets here.
  • That's the same pattern they do for "Dance off the Inches"...maybe I'll have to look into this, as I can do all the routines on my dvd now...
  • I ordered that yesterday!! I saw the informercial over the weekend and thought it looked like so much fun, that I went right on the internet and ordered mine. How do you like it? Did you get it yet? Let's compare - mine should be here in a few days they said.
  • I have the goddess package and didn't care for it. I like workouts that are a little more intense.

Amanda
  • The Lives are suppose to be better then the goddess package so I just ordered the Lives. I did Cardio Cabaret the other night and burned almost 500 calories!!!! Which surprised me as it doesn't seem to get my heart rate up like Turbo Jam does. I am fighting a cold this week and YBB was the way for me to go - it is nice to have that one workout to fall back on that isn't as grueling. BUT I don't reach for them as much because of that fact.

Yoga Booty Ballet keeps my heart rate in my zone through most of the workout which is a good thing. Turbo Jam is more of an interval training as the HRM goes up, down, up and down and that is good to have too.

Rachelle