Aussie Chicks

You're on Page 7 of 130
Go to
  • Leeny, great idea involving the neighbours!!! If I hadn't just reported my neighbours to the police for violent tendencies and verbal threats against me and had a restraining order put on him, I might consider doing that too

I have thought about asking some of my work colleagues if they want to do regular walks, but I couldn't remain consistant on my times as I work shifts - nobody would want to walk with me at 10pm and I wouldn't want to get up at 6am if I knock off at 10pm. I also have not mentioned to anyone here that I am trying to lose weight - I am waiting for them to notice it.

I am thinking that once it cools down and the weather becomes a little more predictable (we are getting some pretty huge storms here in the evenings) I might go for a bike ride at night - after work - or even ride to and from work.

Yeah, yeah I know...I gotta stop thinking and start acting!!
  • Just checking agian
    Just a test as my computer is stupid(or maybe thats me) if my tracker is on yet..sorry girls..leeny
  • Hi all. I had a busy day, I went into Manchester and went to the.........gasp.......running shop!!! I felt really strange walking in there, but I did it, and I bought some running shoes!!! I had to walk on a treadmill so they could assess my feet, and then go on it with the new trainers. I tried on four pairs, and of course, the best were the most expensive!!!

I went to the gym and tried them out, and I ran for the first time ever!!! I did interval running, so three minutes brisk walking, 1 minute running and repeated for 20 minutes. I'm aiming for 30 on my next training session. My goal is to get ready for my 10k run in June, in London. I am running with YP1 and 2frustrated, who are on the UK Fat Chicks thread.

I love the gym, which is quite scary seeing as I hated the very idea in January last year. I picked a good gym to start, very local, plenty of fat people, and fairly quiet. Now the gym I go to is in a much bigger catchment area, lots of fit people, and a few fat ones, and a lot more professional.

The nights are getting lighter, it's only dark at 5.30 pm now, instead of 4pm LOL I can't wait til it's nice outside and I can run of an evening!!!
  • I want a gym!!!!

You guys motivate me sooo much, but I don't have a gym to go to

I want a brand new sparkly gym like Kykaree!!!!

For now...I'll have to make do with going out in the 34C day outside to wash my car. Going to take it to a dealer tomorrow and see what I can get for trade-in.

Have a good day people!
  • I've just been looking around and explored the chat room here. It was empty (Unless I did something wrong and wasn't in fact in there???)

I'm not a huge chatter nor have I had much experience in chat rooms, but I was kinda thinking maybe our little group here could arrange a day and time for a regular get together in the chat room.

Just a thought...what do the rest of us think?

Oh yeah...

*bump*
  • I've never seen another soul in the chat room, I've only tried a few times, but i think Suzanne3FC was saying its never used. So yeah, a time to meet would be great! I'll try and fit in around you guys since I have the dodgy time difference!!!
  • Morning all!!

Kykaree - will wait 'til we get a reponse from others before we set any day/time on the chat thing. I work shifts so can't really pinpoint a perfect time for me, but should be able to appear regularly at any day/time. My shifts might just mean one week here and there where I can not appear.

I got my car sparking yesterday, took me most of the day to wash, wax, vacuum and polish the thing. Almost looks too good to get rid of now

And I managed to get a dog washed and clipped last night. I am amazed at my energy levels at the moment! I have never felt this full of life (in my adult years anyway)!!!

So it's Monday morning, weight-in day. And I have lost another two kilos!!! Am I starting to see a trend here? I keep expecting that stage where you level out and not lose weight of a few weeks to kick in?

112kgs - 103kgs in four weeks!!! And I am getting close to the 100kgs - it's getting all kinda exciting!!

Alright I am off. Have a good day people
  • I remember when I hit the 100kgs, it was very exciting!!! I jumped and ran around the gym (where I weigh in) I provide fantastic entertainment!!!

Day off tomorrow, back to work Tuesday, then I get measured and my fat percentage done on Wednesday. I do this every eight weeks with the trainer at my works gym. It's always a bit scary!!! He's really nice though. A bit mad - he's convinced me to start running, and he is preparing me for triathlon training at some point.

Have a good Monday and a good week all!!!!
  • Hi girls Monday weigh in YES I have started to drop yes yes yes it was only a 1 kg but it is going the right way at last .
    The Holden Cruze My hubby said the he has only heard good thing. His work purchase one last week so that sounds goods to me, hope that helps.
    Also yes I would love to work out a time to chat with all the Aussies
  • Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend and are starting your week better than I did. I haven't been posting as much as I would have liked, as I have just been extremely tired lately. I do a lot of reading, but only have the energy for a couple of replies. Well... today my body finally told me that it has had enough and I need to give it a rest. I could hardly think straight all day, which isn't really a good thing when you are teaching 7 year olds. Thankfully a lot of the day was planning time, so someone else had the kids. They were great when I did have them, which helped. I truly just couldn't function. I felt as though I had been awake for 48hrs+.

After a LOT of thought (well, as much as my muddled brain could come up with) and talking with a number of people, including my dietician friend, we decided that I have been overdoing the exercise bit lately. Basically I have not upped my food intake at all over the past couple of months, but I have managed to pretty much double my exercise. I have also increased the intensity a LOT. I have been exercising twice a day, for up to 50 mins a session. No days off. Also, I felt guilty if I was sitting around, so I would always be up and around or going out to walk somewhere. It truly didn't dawn on me that this was a bad thing. I thought I was doing a great job. My weight had been plateauing, so I figured that the extra exercise would help with this. I actually think I was sabotaging my efforts and may have been causing the plateau somehow.

I had blood work done at the end of the school holidays as I was feeling tired all the time, but other than a couple of vitamins being low, all was fine. I've been taking supplements for the low things and still wasn't getting more energy. So, after being tired for WAY too long, I have decided to perhaps listen to my body more. I am off work for a couple of days and I intend on doing NO exercise for that time. I am not sure how I will go with this, but I'm determined to give it a go to see if it makes a difference. Fingers crossed.

Oh, also wanted to mention that I teach with the mother of Kristie on The Biggest Loser Australian version. She is such a wonderful person and seems SO much like Kristie, in looks and personality. I am looking forward to when Kristie comes home, so we can meet and share experiences. I am only watching the show because she is in it. It scares me otherwise. I really worry about the rapid weight loss and the strenuous exercise regimes they are put through. I know that they are monitored, but I still wonder how someone doesn't have a heart attack.

Well, I am heading off to bed soon. I am excited that I will be able to sleep in tomorrow. I have been getting up at 5:15am (5:30 on weekends) to give myself time to exercise and won't need to do that tomorrow. Bliss!

Congratulations to all those losing weight. Hopefully I'll be joining you again soon, once I get my system sorted out.

Take care,

Zelma
  • Quote: The Holden Cruze My hubby said the he has only heard good thing. His work purchase one last week so that sounds goods to me, hope that helps.
    I went to have a look at a Holden Cruze today with my budget in mind and seriously thinking that if all looked good then I'd buy it. I walked in to the Holden Dealership and ask for some information on it, only to be told they are no longer being made!!!

They gave me information on a couple of other cars and gave me a ball park figure for a trade in price for my car. The other cars they had to offer were like twice the price of the Cruze, so I left really unhappy.

Going to look at a Nissan next...something like the Pulsar.

Anyway, congrats on your loss Karen, so long as it is down it always feels good!

And as for the chat...what is good for you? I am thinking evenings - which day does not bother me?

Zelma, hope you start to feel better soon. In the meantime, enjoy your time off of work and exercise - happy reading!!!
  • morning girls
    Good morning Girls hope every one has had a good week-end and a good start to the week.
    A time for meeting in the chat room, well as I work a rotating roster 12 days and then 12 nights. It would be better for me on my day shift after 8pm AEST or I will just catch up with you girls when I can on my days off, so what ever time everyone else can join is good with me .
  • Great idea the chat
    Hi guys...I have just finished reading all the entries. it has been a while since I got on the computer. On a bit of a downer with the work thing. I got a letter from the boss and it is not very pleasant(as I suspected)and that has got me thinking "what the **** have I done"...threw away a good job and now I am panicking. Food well...what can I say...i am pathetic. I am walking with the neighbours so I hope that will get me in the right frame of mood. I dare not weigh mysel f I know it will be up and that will throw me. I will be good this week and then Monday is the day I will weigh.
    My operation has been put off for another 3 weeks as well...big long story but I feel a bit dissappointed. I saw the Plastic Surgeon on Monday and well the day got worse and worse.
    Anyway I am pleased some of us are on the right track. I have been watching the Biggest Loser...I think they are all great...very brave to bear all on the TV.
    I thought getting on here instead of watching the "soapies on TV"and wanting the munchies with that... would be much more beneficial
    Anyday or night suits me with the chat thing....I'm the lady of leisure remember .I have looked a couple of times and have only chatted once and I think I found one of you ladies there from memory.
    Keep on posting guys...it is great our little group is so supportive of each other. leeny
  • Leeny, if I was under the pressure that you are at the moment with your boss (or should I say ex-boss), not knowing if, what or when the next job opportunity will come and also the anxiety of surgery in the not too distant future, I am sure I would have crumbled too. As you say you are still walking so I think you are still mentally going in the right direction - everything else will follow soon enough.

So if anyone wants to suggest the day and time for chat then we can get that ball rolling - seems we are all pretty flexable. I think we just need to work out our time differences now. I think evening would be better so that Kykaree can join in from the UK in her mornings as that appears to be the time she does most of her posting (feel free to correct me there, Kykaree, if I am wrong). WA is two hours behind QLD I think, and I think that is the same for ACT? Does that cover everyone?

I am hopeless at making these final decisions so, someone suggest a time and day

Alright, I may pop on again later
  • I would certainly be happy to chat, but it would have to be evening or Sunday afternoon for me.

I'm enjoying my first day of not exercising more than I thought I would. It is amazing how good it feels to have that pressure off for a little while. I didn't even realise that I was putting myself under that pressure until it was lifted. I will have to ease back into exercise slowly and sensibly.

Leeny - Sorry about the operation being put off, but I am glad that you are feeling good about your exercise routine now. Just think what a huge bonus THAT is and pat yourself on the back for that. Don't kick yourself for the other stuff, cos that will sort itself out gradually too. Oh, also you made the step in the right direction by coming on here instead of TV and munchies. That is deserving of another pat on the back. Little steps... little steps. When I think back to when I started, I think I was making TINY steps, but I managed to come a LONG way. Keep going my friend.

Lindor - Sorry about your choice of car not being available. I hope you find an alternative you like soon. Thank you for the encouragement. I need all I can get at the moment.

Catch you all again soon.

Take care,

Zelma