The Support is Great on Core Board 38!

You're on Page 29 of 31
Go to
  • Hi Everyone
    Sounds as if everyone had a great Valentines day.
    Well not much happening here. Hubby and I went and got our hair trimmed this morn. And now he and son are at hubbys brothers. Then sun is shinning here today. And in fact the temp out seems fairly warm. The wind is a little cool. But nice. I noticed on the house as we were coming in from getting our hair done. That the sun is drawing out the flies. YUCK!! So if the are coming out. That means the ladybugs arent far behind.

VICKIE Thanks for finding the tangelos. I didnt look in the front of the book. I just looked under the T's. Hope you have a good PJ DAY. I like those myself every once in awhile.

Well I am going to get off here. Maybe I can get something done before the guys get back. Know that I am thinking of all of you. Will check back in later. Have a great day.
    coco
  • Angela, what a beautiful story! How fun and sweet!

Vickie, I'm so glad that you got a good report from the doctor. I hope that you relax today and don't do anything!!!

Kathy, I missed AI last night but I think I know how you're talking about. Very annoying. Apparently there was a guy on there from my hometown, but I forgot to watch! His name was Chase.

Coco, sounds like you have had a productive day already. I don't remember where you live. Do you have a big problem with ladybugs? My freshman year of college our dorm room was overflowing with orange ladybugs. I don't care to ever live with them again.

Linda, that is quite an accomplishment! Congrats.

Well I know I'm not caught up but I'm just sneaking in here for a few minutes. I'm trying to stay within points today as I haven't been very core. It's been a stressful day (but that's not an excuse for eating poorly!!).
  • Vickie - what wonderful news from the doctor!!! I know you will be feeling all better very soon! Have a great jammie day (wish I could join you). Alas a wonderful warm(er) day here - but once the snow melts (and maybe refreezes later?) it might get messy.

Angela - how romantic and utterly sweet of your dh to put himself out there like that - I know there are not many men that would do this - you are truly loved!

Sandra - enjoy your company - and just hogtie them up and don't let them leave! Your olympic memento sounds amazing! and I can understand it being a great conversation starter.

Linda - I am truly impressed and we can all see that hard work and good choices do pay off in the end! Congrats on doing such a great job!

Kathy - your dinner sounded awesome. I too missed AI last night as I had my nose deep into "the da vinci code" which I could not put down and had to finish reading last night. Awaiting the movie in anticipation (May).

Saundra - hope your foot is feeling better and that the lovely flowers and visit from your grandson cheer you up (along with the drugs from Bernie - ha ha ha). Hope he gets you something yummy for dinner!

Gee Coco - I thought ladybugs were 'lucky' - I guess not if you are overrun by them? (are you extra lucky?)

Ended up eating some pizza last night which we ordered in - it was SOO GOOD! I am trying to cut back today of course and not go crazy - at least most of the chocolates are gone now! Dh loved his chocolate covered cherries and little ds is so enamored of his talking bear!

Of course everytime he is not around I am changing the recording and he thinks this is amazing (this morning the bear said "good morning doodie, I'm hungry - what's for breakfast?). And since he left home I changed the message yet again - bear now asks about his 'aikido' class - which he has after school today!). Can't wait til he gets home to hear it! Dh just laughs when he hears my 'squeaky' teddy bear voice!

Dh going out for dinner w/friend tonight (I am out tomorrow night!) so after I drop dd off at art class - just me and little ds - might take him to a movie (there are a couple of kiddie ones out now) if the timing is right (have to pick dd up at 9 pm).

Also think I FINALLY found someone for the vacant position on my team - trying for a 1 yr assignment now - I hope it all pans out - keeping fingers crossed that all goes well. This is a gentleman (probably mid forties?) which will be quite a culture shock as we are all women with one token cutie young guy (28) so I think he will be upset to share his 'harem' ha ha ha.

Time for lunch now!

Frouf
  • Happy day after Valentines day everyone,
    Im glad the stones are gone Vickie,,,hope the uncomfortable feeling passes soon too. (no pun intended..haha)
    Thanks for thinking of us here,,,
    I went to play volleyball last night,,,but its hard to play when I cant hear out of my left ear...everythings muffled sounding. It keeps popping so its getting better though.
    Going for a walk tonight,,I went the other night and if felt great! Didnt get too far but it was a start. Baby steps right>??
    Ive discovered Wasa crackers,,,mmm,,forgot about them. My dd eats them with tuna so I tried it...yummy
    I cant remember (sorry) who asked about another challenge,,Im all for it but I havnt finished the valentine one yet,,,haha,,,,I wasnt sure if I should stop last friday before valentines or this friday after..so I chose this friday. But I really want another one...I believe Im actually going to make the valenletine challenge...
    Im off today so Im heading out for coffee with a friend today, shes a rock to me.
    Saundra Im glad your able to start moving around..that mop cane sounds pretty inventive!
    Coco,,ladybugs,,,I like them but I wouldnt want to be invaded by them;
    hope your Dh feels better soon and you can get some answers.
    Sandra,,that is so cool about the flag!! We have an Olympian that lives here in our small town believe it or not...he was in boxing. A real nice guy. I work with his sisters.
    Angela your dh is a sweetie
    Frouf, please dont mention p***a......hahaha I start to crave it.
    waving to everyone else.......
    have a great day
  • Here I am on my big outing from the bedroom to the den. I did a lot of icing this moringing (which helped a bit), and am just hanging out in bed. I'm bored to tears, but know that it's probably the best thing for me. I'm not taking any pain medication, cause my foot only hurts a lot if I put pressure on it, so I'm basically just going to and from the bathroom.

Bernie just called to say they want him to work all weekend, which means about 14 days straight. Just what we need right now. I need him, and he needs a day off.

I feel like I'm on the pitty pot, sorry for the complaining.

I really am looking forward to normal and know that it will come back one of these days.

Thanks for the good wishes and advice.
  • Saundra, you can sit on that pity pot as long as you need to! That stinks about Bernie having to work all weekend! Talk about BAD TIMING!

This is from all of us.
  • saundra, it's good to see you here. i hope you're perking better now. curtis got me a beautiful bouquet, too. they smell heavenly. we are really enjoying the fragrance as much as the blossoms. it is sooooo good to be able to see and smell flowers this time of year. there is absolutely nothing blooming outside right now. but when spring comes--i'll have my rosebushes. i'll bet you don't have anything blooming outside now either and are really enjoying your bouquet.

kathy, i never thought you were a snob. i enjoy getting living plants, too. guess that's how i wound up with over 100 rosebushes. i don't get bought bouquets during the summer. we cut, keep, and share roses with a lot of folks up here. that's one good way to keep the plants healthy--good pruning. your valentines dinner sounds very romantic. last night we had salami, cheese and crackers with the guys who were here from texas. i'm not complaining. it tasted good and we had good fellowship. it was really good to see them again. they left around 5:30 this am to get back to the metroplex. i miss them already.

coco, that's scary about dh's falling. i hope you can find out soon what's going on with his health. how thoughtful he is to get you the rose when he obviously has so much about his health on his mind. he's quite a guy. my eating is so so, too. some days are a little harder than others, aren't they? i don't know anything about that author either.

vickie, that's good news from the urologist. i'm very happy for you. this has been a long time coming, hasn't it? i am sad about our friends' leaving. we had a wonderful visit with them. norm has invited us to camp on his land when we come to texas. he lives about 4 miles from my son and has about 100 acres with a pond on it. we may take him up on it some. also, he may come back up here to go fly fishing sometime. we met norm at an archery shop near where kathy lives. the funny thing is he lives in my hometown close to my son. small world, isn't it?

linda, girl, we want you to talk shop. we love it!! congratulations again. and thank you for telling us how you did it. i like the idea of eating core and keeping up with the pts. it makes sense to me. i'd love some of your recipes, too. hint hint

hi there, melissa. we got an email today from an archery friend who now lives near nashville. he may be competing at louisville. last night norm, our friend from texas who is "the head hauncho" for the national archery in the schools program" for the whole state of texas, told us that 8 hours after registration opened over 1800 school kids were registered for the national archery in the school program indoor national championship in louisville. their tournament will be held friday before we shoot on sat/sun. they are going to hold down registration to 2700 kids for that event. isn't that something? most of those kids will be from kentucky but other states will be there, too. norm is going to be there helping run the NASP tournament. we'll get to see him again. he's even staying at the same hotel as we. he doesn't know for sure if his daughter is going to compete. she's in the 7th grade now and already holds 9 national titles. she's quite an archer.

alicat, sounds like you're doing well on core. congratulations.

kathy, i missed ai last night. i had my vcr set to record it but forgot to click the last button. sniff sniff. i am tired of those twins, too, and i didn't even see them last night.

angela, you are definitely a loved woman. what a wonderful thing for dh to do for you. your story brought tears to my eyes, too.

frouf, i am still laughing about ds's little bear. how cute!!! i'll bet ds's eyes get big when he hears the messages. enjoy your movie. i used to take my ds to movies all the time. now that he's a father, he takes his girls. that makes me smile to think he's carrying on where we began. life is good.

patti, that is so kewl about your having an olympian living near you. we have one here, too. i am having trouble remembering his name but i think it's eric bougerest or something like that. he won a gold medal a couple of olympics back doing stunts on his skiis. i remember a commercial where his folks talked about him skiing off the roof of their house. i hope you're feeling better. i have problems with my left ear, too. i have miniere's disease which means i get fluid build up in it causing vertigo. (not good when i'm shooting) thank goodness i only have "attacks" very infrequently.

saundra, kathy's right. stay on that pitty pot all you want. i wish bernie could take off work to be with you.

one of our archers is here now with curtis. i'm going to go down and treadmill after they are finished. i'm in my "at home" uniform which means--no one needs to see how i look so i'm hiding in the office right now.

have a grand day, everyone.
  • Saundra,
    Do you have a broken ankle? I had one of those last summer, it was terrible! I live in a 2 floor apartment so I couldn't go down stairs to the kitchen or to the living room because then I couldn't get upstair to the bathroom! My poor husband had to wheel me everywhere. On the upside, I got into my favorite SciFi show because my neighnors lent me the DVD box sets, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
  • Yeppers....at the last 6 Staff Weigh In's I and another Co-Worker have averaged 2 lbs per week, give and take, but that is the average bringing me to where I am......that's with eating right, not cheating and walking everyday 2miles (at least Florida is good for something :-) Oh.....and knowing you have to get on the scale with your "boss" right there monitoring you. It's pretty amazing what you can accomplish when you know your Mgr is weighing you in....
    Good Luck Everyone! Have a wonderful evening.
  • Evening Everyone
    Well not much happening here. Son is at school. And hubby is on the couch either watching a movie or asleep.
    Found a couple of ladybugs in the house today. I only wish they would bring good luck.
    We are suppose to get some rain tomorrow. Then snow sometime over the weekend. What weather. Warm one day. Freezing the next.
    I was asking about Joyce Myers. I guess she is a minister. She has a program on some cable channel. I dont have cable. But my Mom does. and my WW leader said she likes to hear her preach. So dont know.
    Well got the report on hubby's MRI. It is ok. So dont know what is going on. But also now thinking he is getting arthritis. So we will have to wait and see. The DR isnt in for a couple of days. Her PA called. Said she would talk to her and see what she wants to do next. I know he has a neurology appt I think it is in April. So again. This just wait and see game. I hate this. But what can I do. I just wish they could do something so hubby would feel better. I hate to see him not feeling good. But one of these days he will.
    Well I am going to go and post what I ate today. So if anyone will look at it. See if I did alright. Trying to be all core. I know that I had some peanut butter. So any pointers will be great.
    Well everyone have a great evening.
    Thinking of all of you.
    coco
  • Help!! I need ideas!

My dad is having surgery Friday morning, having his other knee replaced. He'll be in the hospital for a month (one week in regular hospital and three weeks in rehab hospital). His birthday is next Monday. Judd and I are going over Sunday for a visit -- and I need to take a birthday gift and some stuff for him to do while in the hospital. He's not a big puzzle fan, he sorta likes handheld games (I bought him one of the very first GameBoys that were out; remember those huge gray things??), likes western novels and movies but has them all. I thought about things like a basket of snacks, but am stuck beyond that.

Any suggestions?
  • Hey, I still have one of those huge old gameboys! Fun stuff.
    What about books on tape or cd? Other handheld games (old school stuff) like those little plastic maze things. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?
    I'm still thinking.
  • Or a craft project, like a model airplane?
  • i just lost my post. my fault. i did 2 miles today on the treadmill. now we're waiting for ai and lost. life is good.

kathy, i'm no help on ideas for you. what are some of your dad's hobbies/interests? have you asked judd for suggestions? he might have some ideas.

coco, i hope you and dh get a diagnosis soon. i know how frustrating waiting to find out is.

linda, being weighed by your manager? i need to work for ww. talk about accountability!!
  • hi, melissa. did you have a good day today?