Morning workouts question

• Hey you guys,

I've been really trying to work out in the morning time because it just makes the rest of my day that much better! My problem is that my body is "cold" when I go... what I mean is that I've just gotten up and it's so hard to get my body moving... evening workouts are A LOT easier, but I really want to work out in the morning... anyone else have a similar problem and any ideas on how to make it a little easier?

Sarah
  • Usually doing a quick pilates/yoga routine (couple sun salutations) first thing helps. Also I will wear my sweatshirt when I start on a cardio machine and then just throw it off as I get warmed up. Maybe some hot tea? They say caffeine can actually help a little before a workout. Good luck!
  • I just start slow, and let my body warm itself up that way. I'll usually do five min on the rower first, because that does everything. Then its on to the weights and cardio afterwords.
  • Always stretch and do a brief warm up. I am not a morning person, and I'm lucky if I made it to work on time. But I feel tried in the afternoon and there is just too much distraction for me to workout then. I've been exercising in the morning for almost 3 months now.
    I started out slow, every other day. And made sure I do warm up before exercising.
  • Those are all great ideas ya'll! Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it goes!