does one just jump into a group?

• I'm new here, I would like to join a group, I need the support, but it seems that everyone is in a group that has been around ( and 50 pages long) for a while. Can I just jump into one that fits me?

(uhm yea, Im really shy, but trying! )
  • That is what I've always done! I see from your ticker that when it is all said and done you will have lost 100 pounds. So, don't miss the 100 lb club - I've found lots of support, advice, and information there and I am sure you would too!
  • I am in a group (weighty issues) and we always welcome newbies. After all we were once one ourselves. You can just pick a group that seems to fit you the best. These ladies are all great so you will love whatever one you choose.
  • Yes, you just jump right in.
  • Hi Vanessa!!! Usually you just jump right in...or you can start your own thread like this one and they will come to you!!! I am a part of A Few GOOD Friends and I know we would love to have you there with us!! If not I will keep in touch with you here!
    Don't be shy with me ok? I get nervous of new things too!!!

Good luck,have a great day!
    Wendy
  • I agree with everyone else. We were all once newbies. Just surf around the forum and check out the different groups. I chat in a couple of them. There's nothing wrong with being a bit shy. I was like that too. I was afraid to post a signature because of the fear of others seeing what I weighed. But the more I got to know the gals here the more I realized that everyone has been in my boat and no one is judging me. We are all working towards the same goals. To be lighter, healthier and just to feel better about ourselves.

So to the group and hope to see you around the forums.

Annie
  • Hi Vanessa Welcome to the group!

Gongrats on your weight loss!!!! Come on over and join the 100 lb club.
  • Vanessa:

Honey, take your time, pop into a group that sounds interesting and read several posts, if you find that they seem to be a group you can bond with stay and post, if not, no loss, they don't know you have been there, then on to the next group!

You are very welcome to join Time for Serious Fun. We do a topic everyday and issue pts for water, staying on program, and exercise everyday. We also do a lbs down every other Friday. I administer the thread and we have singles, marrieds, a grandparent (me), a couple have children and some do not. As far as lbs, we have everything from 30 to 200 to lose so you would fit in there somewhere! We have WW, fat and cal counters and everything in between. We are not a huge group, only 6 at the moment, but we have been together for a couple years now. Please know that you would be very welcome!

Have fun with this and I am sure you will find just the right fit! There is no one that would tell you that you aren't welcome. Everyone here is wonderful and very supportive!

Faye
  • YES!! Take Fayes advice!!! She knows what she is talking about and their thread IS great!!!
    Hi Faye!! How are you doing?!!
    Wendy
  • You guys are all very sweet. Thank you for the invites.
  • Hi all!! Have a lovely weekend!
  • Hi I'm new here,can I join you?
  • sure. How is it going?