I am so confused....

• I have 110 lbs to loose and am sodetermined this year. SInce 1/6/06 been working very hard. At first I thought I lost about 10lbs now the scale has gone up. I ma exercising daily, drinking tons of water, eating very lowfat and low cal, what is wrong with me. ( Iweigh myself amost everyday). Please tell me eventually the scale willt ell me what my clothes are telling me. I feel like they are fitting better. Someone please answer me????
  • I know how frustrating that can be. If your clothes are fitting better, try not to worry too much about the scales. If your exercising daily, and depending on the type of exercise you are doing, you will be converting fat into muscle which weighs more. Only weighing yourself once a week (and at the same time with the same amount of clothes on, or not, as you may prefer, LOL) will help too as it's hard not to obsess over daily fluctuations. Taking body measurements can also be a useful tool as you can often see changes happening in your measurements without any acknowledgment from your scales. If you are following WW, make sure you are eating all of your points each day without skipping meals, especially if you are exercising, as if you don't your body goes into starvation mode and losing weight become very difficult. HTH - hang in there - sounds like you are doing great.
  • weight flucuations are a part of life unfortunately some times I think I've done really gd and lost alot of weight quick and then a couple of days later life will bite me on the *** and the scales will say ive put some of it on<I weighjt myself everyday too>.
    silverfern is rite muscle is heavier than fat, that could be your problem or so can many other things, like if u due on, so much water retention.
    stress, I find that I can eat the least possible and still not lose or even gain if my mood isnt gd.
    When you weight yourself do it at the same time each week in the same clothes if poss.
    Like in the morning, in ur niteshirt after u visit the bathroom. thats if u dont already.
    make sure u start off the day rite by eating breatfast, like raisin bran or special k or porridge(with sweetener) w/ semi skimmed milk, and dont eat 2-3 hrs before you sleep.
  • thanks for helping. I hope you guys are right and the weight starts falling off!!!!!! I know I need to stop weighing myself so much. I am a scale addict.
    Thansk for the encouragement!
  • The one thing that I find very helpful is to journal every little thing that I put in my mouth, from black coffee to the small food sample at Costco. That is my reality check. I can go along and eat proper meals, drink my water and do whatever exercise doesn't hurt my arthritis. But it is the tasting at meal prep time, the sampling in stores that do me in point-wise. So I religiously write everything down. I know that for me, eating after 8 p.m. is a no-no. I see that on the scales in the morning. Also, I only weigh myself first thing in the morning because body weight fluctuates through the day. We are all in this together and need the encouragement and support.
  • down, up and hope to go down
    I replied on the weigh in board, I was down two now up one all within 4 days and I have not cheated. I have eaten all my points half of flex, drinking all the water. Well something is better than nothing. If I'm impatient the weight wins, if I'm patient and faithful I'll win. So here's to next week and anoher week OP.
  • i've grown to hate the scale. i started at 204, got down to 197, went back to 200. yesterday i weighed myself and was 194 and today i'm 197. but through it all i've lost 2 inches in my hips and 2 inches in my waist. so i take the measurements into consideration before i let the scale bother me. keep up the good work, and don't worry too much about the scale
  • My leader told us the appropriate amount of weight you loose is exactly a week from your first weigh in or your last.Weighing yourself daily will make you frustrated because weight changes after you eat,etc.When you weigh in on your wekly weigh in,thats the only number i would count.
  • Thank You Everyone
    Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all your encouragment.
    I was panicking but the scale is just crazy. Last week I weighed in 10lbs less from 1/6/06. I weighed in on Friday at 247. Sunday at 253.6. I knew taht was wrong- there was no way I gained. That is when I posted- I am so confused- Then I exercised and ate breakfast. One hr later. I weighed and was 250. Today I was 248. My clothes are bigger and I feel my muscles get tighter. SO I wm not going to weigh myself until next week. I know I am doing everything right and will not GIVE UP!!! Thank you so muc for all your help!!!!
    Valentines Day Goal

• i agree, weighing yourself once a week is the best way to go. otherwise you'll just drive yourself crazy with gains and losses and water gain and water loss, etc...

keep eating right and exercising. That's great that your clothes are feeling looser.
  • Girl, weigh yourself once a week if that. Sometimes i go two. I used to do it everday and i would get disappointed if i gained a pound or two and then stop dieting. I kinda think the scale is your enemy when you first start cause you want to drop the weight immediately after awhile you dont care if it takes a little longer to drop it.
  • Where is everyone?
    No is talking lately. I hope everyone is doing well. I weigh in tomorrow so hoping for a great loss!!! Oh how I hope. I did weigh myself on Thursday and it was 246. From last Sunday which was 250. SO I am hoping the scale is being true and not tricking me. Hope we all can chat again. This motivation is great. LEt's keep going!!!!!