Do you ever feel like work gets ALL your energy?

• I am a single mom with two kids. I am up at 5 to get myself and the kids fed and ready to walk out the door by 7 am. I work in an office where I sit on my rear all day in front of a computer. I only get up to walk to the copier, fax machine, or bathroom. I HAVE to eat lunch every day at my desk. I don’t have a choice, I am not permitted to leave. By the time I leave work, pick up the kids, and get home it is after 6. Dinner, homework, and bath take up the rest of the evening. Kids are in bed by 8:30 then I finish straightening up the house and getting lunches, and clothes ready for the next day. I am usually in bed by 9:30.

I eat well. Generally. But I need to MOVE. While I am sitting at my desk during the day, I imagine how wonderful it would feel to leave and go for a run. Or go for a hike. But by the time I get home and take care of my other responsibilities, I cant even bring myself to get on the treadmill. I KNOW I could squeeze 30 minutes in there somewhere. I know I could. I guess I am just venting because it is so frustrating to be chained to a desk when I feel the energy and motivation to work out. Then when I have the opportunity – I am exhausted. I once heard that Martha Stewart said that she never gets more than 4 hours of sleep a night. Maybe that’s how she became a Bajillionaire.
  • You are so right...you NEED to get up and moving! Like you said even 30 minutes is going to boost that energy alot! With everything you have to do in a day you need that exercise even for mental clarity...30 minutes for you!! You cant give what you dont have! make that commitment to you, you really deserve it!!
    I feel your pain, I'd hate to be chained to a desk! Maybe Martha needs to share the wealth LOL! Have a wonderful day today! I hope you get some moving in!

~melissa