Let's talk vacation...

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I need a childless vacation with the hubby! Hasn't happend in years! maybe as they get a little bigger!
  • Quote: Do you have a date for next summer? How exciting, youre going to be a gorgeous bride. Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, its really pretty there and lots of seafood, of course!
    Not next summer, summer after next. i graduate next summer (well spring) so I won't/can't start planning until after that and DBF wants to get married over labor day weekend, so we are looking at August 30, 2008 right now. But of course no invitations have been printed so that could change a little here or there.
  • Quote: I need a childless vacation with the hubby! Hasn't happend in years! maybe as they get a little bigger!
    that's what I keep trying to explain to DBF, noone is going to volunteer to keep two little kids, and although DS will be a teen by then, I don't think I can leave out of the state with him babysitiing the dog, yet along the younger kids.
  • Julie,
    I have thought about the Jersey coast. We used to go to Rehobeth when I was little. Do you rent a house when you go there or do you stay in a hotel? If you know of any good rentals, please let me know.
    We are possibly considering VA Beach even though I go there every year for work. My husband really likes to experience the whole naval thing in Norfolk...so maybe there.
  • Well it's settled...My DSis, DBs and I have agreed on this year's summer vacation. We will be going to Gatlinburg TN. DSis and I went with a bunch of our cousins to Pigeon Forge 2 years ago and had a ball. The DBs were feeling left out and so instead of going to Myrtle Beach this year like we all did last year, they decided they wanted to go to the mountains. Our cabin is called the Gatlinburg Lodge. It looks like it will be really nice. Here's the link to the cabin site if anyone's interested http://www.mysmokymountaincabins.com/ . Once there, go to 5,6,7 and 8 bedroom cabins and then click on Gatlinburg Lodge for pics etc.

We will be taking the children, and will surely visit Dollywood and the Nascar Park while we're down there. We all love go kart racing.
  • Carmen:

I have a DF that his Mom and sisters meet in Gatlinburg, TN each year. Heard it a great place for shopping! From what you say, there are many things to do there. Have a great time, when are you going?
  • Thanks Sy. We won't be going until August.
  • Quote: Well it's settled...My DSis, DBs and I have agreed on this year's summer vacation. We will be going to Gatlinburg TN. DSis and I went with a bunch of our cousins to Pigeon Forge 2 years ago and had a ball. The DBs were feeling left out and so instead of going to Myrtle Beach this year like we all did last year, they decided they wanted to go to the mountains. Our cabin is called the Gatlinburg Lodge. It looks like it will be really nice. Here's the link to the cabin site if anyone's interested http://www.mysmokymountaincabins.com/ . Once there, go to 5,6,7 and 8 bedroom cabins and then click on Gatlinburg Lodge for pics etc.

We will be taking the children, and will surely visit Dollywood and the Nascar Park while we're down there. We all love go kart racing.

My children enjoyed the aquarium in Gatlinburg.
  • We went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon 5 years ago - and loved it!!!

There is also a place in Gatlinburg called Oberlin park or something like that - they have a mini zoo and all kinds of little things to do - You take the aerial tramway to get up the mountain - it is really cool....www.obergatlinburg.com

Haven't decided on a vacation this year - last year was such a waste of money. Maybe Gatlinburg for a 5 year reunion or I guess close to 6 now....Great idea!!
  • That looks lovely! Now I want to go on vacation REALLY STUPID QUESTION...is there any body of water or beach in TN?
  • Tina - sorry - lost this thread! My exBF had a friend that had a house close to Rehobeth that we used to rent. But, I do know that there are LOTS of places to rent that are close to the water.

Deets - TN has no ocean beaches, but there should be lakes? And there are definately mountains.

Julie
  • AND, what kind of shopping?! DO TELL!
  • they have alot of cute craft stores and they have an outlet in pigeon forge which is about 20 mins from gatlinburg.....
  • We leave for Florida one month from today! My son is so excited because he has never flown before. I on the other hand, am not too excited about flying, but I’m so looking forward to a vacation. I’ve only flown once and hated it, but DH wasn’t to keen on driving all the way from Minnesota.
  • Yes, that is funny - b/c I live for Michigan Feb 16 to see my best friend - I can't wait - I'm getting a little more hestitant about flying, but I'm excited. Savannah keeps saying "AIR- PANE" "AIR-PANE" - it is too cute she is excited too -