The new way to burn fat - set yourself on fire - Article

• I found this online.. Umm OUCH?

The new way to burn fat - set yourself on fire
    By Hazel Knowles in Hong Kong
    (Filed: 04/12/2005)

Women who want to lose weight are being offered a startling new way to burn fat - by being set on fire.

Would-be slimmers are flocking to a spa in Hong Kong that promises to reduce their waistlines by smearing them with Chinese herbs, dousing them with alcohol and then setting light to them, all for £78 a session.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...04/wburn04.xml
  • I wouldnt do it!
  • I couldn't open the link, but setting myself on fire definitely sounds like it would be something I wouldn't do for any reason.

Good heavens.
  • OMG - that is wild! It probably works on the same principle of heat wraps - it just makes people sweat out a bunch of water.

I love the line "Its owner, Karen Chu, boasts that about 100 customers have successfully undergone the treatment - with no casualties."

No casulaties? I never want to undertake any kind of beuaty treatment where I need to worry about whether or not there will be casualties.
  • I thought you were kidding, thats completly unreal, I guess Im just to western, count me in as one who is afraid of being set on fire!!!
  • Omg!!!
  • I'll stay fat thanks
  • LOL I think I'll try other methods!
  • As PT Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every minute.