What kind of workout do you do?

• I'm new here! I'm also sitting here anxiously awaiting for the UPS man to deliver my new biggest loser dvd. Does anyone here use this dvd? I hear its really good, so I cant wait!

I also ride the stationary bike everyday for an hour and 3 or 4 times a week I do weight conditioning for about 40 minutes.

Just curious what everyone else does!

~melissa
  • I do workout's to denise austin and leslie sansone in the morning for 25-45 minutes then i do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill everynight. with strength training on various nights. Im getting bored with my video's and was looking into the biggest loser one let us now if you like it or not okay! - Kim
  • Ok, I tend to workout 5 mornings a week: with about 30 minutes of cardio (usually recumbant bike or elliptical machine) and streching (weights if I'm really being good). I've discovered that I love to do social dancing, so that is now my major outlet and I go dancing at least twice a week: it makes for a really enjoyable evening, and you don't even realize you're working out.

*Morning workouts listed are from last year when I was being good, and I'm now trying to restart them. The dancing alone was more fun, but it didn't keep the weight off (I like the slow songs best)
  • There's a whole thread here about the BL DVD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72260

I go to the local athletic club and do cardio machines for up to an hour and lift weights six days a week. I also stretch for 15-20 min. or more a day plus do yoga one day a week. On Sunday, I rest.
  • I do either a Firm or Cathe video 5 mornings a week.
  • I bike 5 hours a week, aquacize 3 hours a week, plus assorted walks
  • My main exercise is in the mornings. I do the elliptical for 45 min M,W,F, I weight lift on T, Th, Sat and also 20 - 30 min on the elliptical. My fun exercise is in the evenings. I swim on M,W, F for about an hour and I run with DH and DS for 40 min on T, Th, Sat. I also go on random bike rides but probably only about once or twice a week - it's kind of too cold for that right now.
  • I do rebounding most days, aerobics, strength training, and yoga. Tomorrow I am learning how to row out on the lake and I am really excited about it!
  • I'm sort of new to this whole exercise thing but I joined a gym this week and so far I've been taking it slow. I walked a mile Tuesday, and Wednsday. Today I walked/jogged a mile, did 30 minutes of strenth training and went back and walked another mile. I want to be able to walk atleast 2 miles five times a week and incorporate strenth training atleast 30-45 minutes three times a week. It's a small start but atleast it's something.

Amy
  • I jog/walk for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Pilates twice a week. DDR daily with my son and throw in the occasional exercise tape to shake things up a bit!
  • I do a ten minute Quick Fix routine every morning just to get the blood flowing for the day, and then in the early evenings, do the Quick Fix Total Body workout followed by Walk Aerobics five days a week.

On Saturday, I clean my house and take a break from everything on Sunday.

I usually have to be very careful about specific types of routines, being I am arthritic in the knees and the cartlige is almost gone in the left one. I also try to get in as much walking as I can when the weather is decent. The joy of a mild winter!
  • Im walking a mile around the neighborhood 3 times a week. Im trying to work up to 2 miles this next week.
  • At the moment I run 4 days a week, do weights 3 days a week and yoga 1 day a week. I also sometimes swim once a week, but not every night. I tend to do M - weights, T - short run, W - weights and yoga, Th - short run, F - weights, Sa - short run and occasional swim, Su - long run.
  • I do the elliptical for 30 minutes 3 days a week and weight-train for 30 minutes 3 days a week. I also try to get out and go cross-country skiing when I can, although we're having a pretty tropical January now so it hasn't been possible lately.
  • 20 min cardio 3x a week
    weights 3x a week
    walking as often as the weather allows (cuz its my favourite) usually 2.6-4.6 each time.