Who else here eats calorie-controlled meals?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Like Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Smart ones, etc.

What are some of everyone's favorites?
  • I eat calorie controlled meals that I make myself, like steamed broccoli, a bit of rice, peas and spices.
  • so far my favorites are
    smart ones
    fettucini alfredo & spicy veggie and chicken
    lean cuisine
    roasted potatoes, broccoli & cheese and I add 1-2 oz of canned chicken breast to it
  • Quote: I eat calorie controlled meals that I make myself, like steamed broccoli, a bit of rice, peas and spices.
    I do that sometimes too
  • Quote: so far my favorites are
    smart ones
    fettucini alfredo & spicy veggie and chicken
    lean cuisine
    roasted potatoes, broccoli & cheese and I add 1-2 oz of canned chicken breast to it
    I really like the new Panini sandwiches from Lean Cuisine. They're wonderful.

I buy both Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. I usually end up with Healthy Choice most often, though, because they have so many favorites of mine. I love the steak ones, like the Sweet Bourbon Steak or Teriyaki Steak. I also love the Sweet & Sour Chicken.

Other little meals I buy are the Michelina's Lean Gourmet. I'll grab the pasta dishes and the meatloaf dish. With the pasta dishes I just add a small salad and with the meatloaf and mashed taters, I add a vegetable and I've got a decent little meal.
  • I like the Spa Menu's from Lean Cuisiene....because they use whole grain carbs. I had a salmon one the other day...it had spinach...some othe veggies..and ww orrozo ...and a basil sauce....I thought is was out of this world yummy.....plus it was full of healthy stuff (salmon, dark greens..whole grains) (I wish this thing had a spell checker )
  • For Lean Cuisine:

Stuffed cabage and mashed potatoes is good.
    The spinach and mushroom pizzas are excellent.
    The panini's aren't bad either!

Healthy Choice:

I pretty much like them all especially the Chicken Parm one!

Smart ones I dont usually eat because none of them look particularly good to me!

Hope that helped!!
  • I am often on a budget that makes me go for the cheaper (Budget Gourmet) meals.
    If you read the nutritian info on the back, you'll find that there are several kinds that are comperable in calories and fat to the 'diet' frozen meals, but run only about $1 a piece. Granted, it's a bit limited (angel hair pasta with tomato sauce), but I think that these regular-meals-that-just-happen-to-be-low-cal-and-low-fat taste much better than the 'lean gourmet' counterparts.
    I usually add some veggies or a salad.
  • I often go for the Budget Gourmet or Lean Gourmet meals too, as they are so stinking cheap. But PhysDom is right--check out the nutrition info on other meals that aren't necessarily packaged as diet foods. Stouffer's Grilled Herb Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken are both really good, at both less than 300 calories.

Other favorites of mine (that DO fall into the Diet Food category):
    Lean Gourmet Chicken Alfredo Florentine
    Lean Cuisine Thai Style Chicken
    Healthy Choice Flavor Adventure--all of them that I've tried are yummy--the Grilled Whiskey Steak is my favorite

I'm looking forward to trying that LC Panini! Haven't seen it around here yet, but as soon as I do I'll make sure to get one!
  • I always eat Lean Cuisine, mostly because the 2 supermarkets nearby will have a great half off sale every month. Me and my boyfriend have this huge 1960's freezer which has so much room in it. We'll go up to the stores and load up on Lean Cuisine's. That Freezer is packed right now, lol

As for my favorites, I like mostly the Italian dishes - Cheese Ravioli, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Rigatoni and Meatballs.. but my all time favorite is the four cheese pizza. It tastes better than the real thing to me and filling as well. The steak, mushroom, and cheddar panini, Swedish Meatballs, Vegetable Eggroll... lol, I could go on and on
  • Quote: I like the Spa Menu's from Lean Cuisiene....because they use whole grain carbs. I had a salmon one the other day...
    Oh that one's great! I think it's basil salmon or something like that.

Very good
  • Lean Cuisine: The paninis (particularly Southwest Chicken) and Spa Cuisines with whole-grain (particularly lemongrass chicken and the basil salmon)

I also like a lot of Amy's Kitchen food though (they're not marketed as low-cal though they usually are, their emphasis is organic vegetarian stuff) on the rare occasions that its on sale (Their mac 'n cheese, enchiladas, and thai stir-fry are out of this world)

I also indulge sometimes in Stouffer's Corner Bistro stuff too
  • I love the lean cuisine meals. They're great for lunch and much better than fast food. My fav. this week is thai style chicken.

• I love the pizza flavored Lean Pockets. One of those and a handful of carrot sticks is less than 350 calories.
  • Since portion control is my issue. I have become a Lean Cuisiner. I eat them everyday and I can tell a huge difference. I have to add my vegetables to it but I am enjoying the food and not overeating. I checked out their website read the success stories and now I am hooked. Looking foward to writing my own success story