Wedding song ideas

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey guys!
    I'm getting married in about a year and a half. I was watching "Everybody loves Raymond" the episode where Amy and Robert get married. For their first dance, they danced to that Elvis techno song taht came out a few years ago. It was cute and very funny. My boyfriend and I have a huge sense of humor, and I'd love a quirky song for our first dance. We listen to all music except heavy metal. Mild profanity is okay, if the song is great enough. Any suggestions?
  • Oohhh, I don't even know what I would suggest for a first dance! But I do know that Butterfly Kisses makes for a good daddy/daughter dance song.

Oh yeah............CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!!!!
  • I've always pictured myself singing and dancing to "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor at my wedding. Congrats on your wedding!
  • Congrat
    My fav song is by Ella James It called at last .
  • Well, the only thing that jumps to mind when it comes to offbeat songs that would still be appropriate for a wedding is the Queen song "One Year of Love" from the album A Kind of Magic. But if you're geeky enough you could probably pull of "Princes of the Universe" from the same album.
  • I like "Wild Horses" by the Stones (I think it's them....) I'd like that as our first dance song.. if we have a DJ!
  • Great suggestions guys! Thanks, I can't wait to listen to them
  • I think "wasn't me" by Shaggy would be funny. Good luck hope you find what you're looking for and all goes well.
  • The sounds of the waves hitting the shore on a tropical island

Liz
  • I can love you like that they have a pop and a country version available
    but if you really want to play a wild song try billy's got his beer googles on lol
  • These aren't really quirky, but they are some selections I helped my cousin out with for her wedding-

"By Your Side" Sade
    "Keeper of the Stars" Tracy Byrd
    "I Do (Cherish You)" Mark Wills
    "It's Your Love" Faith Hill/Tim McGraw
    "Making Memories of Us" Keith Urban
    "Baby Your My Better Half" Keith Urban

There's a bit of a country theme here but they are all good first dance songs.

Amy
  • A moment like this - kelly clarkson
  • Well for my wedding I did "Fly Me to the Moon", Frank Sinatra/George Strait version. Its kinda upbeat we did a whole routine, and I know that was my favorite part of my wedding reception. To this day I still love that song, probably because it is a classic, re-done as a duet, so it has staying power, ya know! :-) Good Luck choosing the music, its so much fun, almost as fun as tasting the wedding cakes!!
  • Mine was "Let's Stay Together" by Al Greene. We love the lyrics - they ring true - even though so many of my friends asked "How will you dance to it?", we enjoyed every second!
  • HEY AMY~ I say if the theme is "country" ya just gotta add ~~ I CROSS MY HEART by George Strait!