Jan 19 ... plan for the nearly perfect day

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • You've all heard the adage 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail', right?
    Well, think about this a minute. What would be your perfect food and exercise day?

Post your plan here and tomorrow keep us updated as to how it's going. Don't be too hasty. Remember that life gets in the way. Do you have meetings etc? Plan those in.

I have to think about mine, but I'll be back!
  • Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs; 1 piece of 9grain bread; 1 tbsp of PB
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: 1 3fatchicks chicken/spin/mushroom enchilada; broccoli salad
    Snack: almonds
    Dinner: See Lunch
    Dessert: Healthy Choice Fudgcicle

Exercise: 1 mile run; 1 hour on weights; end with another mile run
  • I had my "perfect" day today... Minus the run!

Tomorrow, I dunno what I'm going to eat, probably a yoghurt somewhere, some scrambled eggs, a bacon sandwich, a protein shake, some cottage cheese, apples, carrot sticks, raisins & peanuts etc tomorrow is a high calorie day, I might get a "treat", we'll see...

But exercise wise I'm going kickboxing for two hours. It's the, shall we say, "less vigourous" instructor tomorrow and I don't think it will be too so I might squeeze in today's missed run at lunch tomorrow. Might.
  • OK good! I've thought about it and I kinda like what I did yesterday. So 12-1300 cals 40% protein/40%carbs/20% fats

45 minutes cardio
    45 minutes weights ... which will be upper body but I'm not sure which parts just yet. Probably back and biceps.
  • ok I have been siting here thinking about what I am going to do for tomorrow..
    I will keep my cals 12 to 1400 and get my full walk in I only did 1 mile today..
    I will get try to do a full 45 min of the night workout in..
    I will get more protein in tomorrow meals ..

Hows that
  • Breakfast: Bowl of Special K with frozen blueberries

Snack: Baby Carrots and Cherry Toms

Lunch: 3 Bean Soup, apple with peanut butter

Snack: Half a wholewheat bagel with peanut butter, grapes

Dinner: Shrimp stew with steamed asparagus

Water: 2 litres

Excercise: 40 mins elliptical
  • Well let's see...Thursday is our Subway-for-dinner night (I always get a chicken teriyaki on honey oat with no cheese), so I have to limit myself during the day a little to allow for those calories. Hmm, I will plan for:
    • whole-wheat English muffin w/strawberry jelly and glass of skim milk
    • pineapple
    • whole-wheat bagel w/ff cream cheese
    • Subway 12" sub and 2 Subway cookies
    Total of less than 1850 calories
  • Breakfast--1 cup cold cereal with 1 cup skim milk
    snack--banana
    lunch--lean pocket
    snack--or baby carrots
    dinner--4 oz lean meat with 2 cups tossed salad no dressing just 1 oz shredded cheese
    snack--1 cup cold cereal with 1 cup skim milk

exercise for tomorrow is Firm Upper Body
  • Breakfast-1cup kashi cereal with 1 cup soy milk & protein powder
    Snack-1/2 cup grapes
    Lunch-LC frozen dinner
    Snack-kashi granloa bar
    Dinner-grilled salmon & 1 cup frozen mix veggies
    Snack-yogurt with protein powder

45 mins on bike and biggest loser workout #3
  • Tomorrow Thursday hmmmm lemme see....

1. oatmeal with eggwhites
    2. 3/4c cottage cheese with 10 lg frozen strawberries
    3. leftover stir fry with salmon
    4. same as 2
    5. supper going out with a g/f probably salmon on a bed of greens, that's what I always get when I go out...

Good idea Susan...
  • I got called to work tomorrow! boo hoo! I'll be missing from 10 til 2. Be good everyone and I'll try not to snack at work.
  • Ok here goes:

Meal #1: low fat carrot apple muffin, 1/2 c egg substitute, mini Babybel cheese, kiwi
    #2: lg Rome apple
    #3: turkey sausage, veggies and beans casserole, salad with tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic vinegar
    #4: vanillas protein pudding
    #5: turkey veggie chili, sm corn muffin
    #6: 2 pumpkin fluffernuggets

Gym (AM): 45 min elliptical, 30 min upper body
    (PM): run 2.5 miles outdoors
  • Ok It's 19th.. and I'm laughing since I've got in my bag exactly what I said I would have! Creature of habit? Moi?

I had an omlette for breakfast with one egg and 2 egg whites and CHEESE! Yummy! Haven't had cheese in yonks, so thought I'd treat myself! Just need to buy some cottage cheese to make sure the rest of the day goes smoothly, and something else... something else to nibble on but I don't know what!
  • Quote: #6: 2 pumpkin fluffernuggets
    May I ask what a pumpkin fluffernugget is? Besides fun to say, of course

Well, I'm already slightly off my plan. I didn't have breakfast at home this morning, so I didn't have the glass of milk I'd planned on drinking, so now I should actually only have about 1750 calories instead of 1850 I did bring my english muffin and jelly to work, though, so I don't have to eat anything from the evil cafeteria downstairs

OOH, and I went to Target last night and bought one of those big exercise balls (a purple one, of course!). I guess in order for it to work, though, I should actually take it out of the box and inflate it
  • I think you get more exercise inflating it than doing crunches on it! Mine's still not big enough but I can't be bothered to pump it up more!

Oh I found the "something else"... I bought a bag of Doritos one day this week and didn't eat them... they're my treat! Then I'm still 1500kcals, I was planning on being 1600 today and 1400 tomorrow or lower. I'll have to have some chicken or something when I get in from kickboxing.