looking for low-sodium, MSG-free canned soups

• Hi....

I really love soup, all kinds and flavours. When I buy canned soup I try to stick to kinds with no MSG, and I usually buy a brand called Primo. But even Primo has a ton of sodium in it. Is this unavoidable or can you all tell me about some low-sodium soups?
  • Good question! If you find out, futuresurferchick, will you send me a message? I can't havce MSG becasue of tummy problems and i'm trying to watch my sodium too.
  • I've given up on canned soups! (partly because we don't get our recycling picked up and have to shlep it to a depot) Instead, every weekend I make a pot of homemade soup using chicken bones I saved from a previous meal. I freeze it in two cup portions and this makes for speedy lunch making in the morning!

I have a book called THE SOUP BIBLE it's really great! I have vowed to try them all!
  • Ooooh! I forhot to write earlier: I eat a low sodium chicken noodle soup from cambell's. Nutrition info:
    130 calories
    4.5 g fat
    25 mg cholesterol
    120 mg sodium
    14g carbs
    2 g fiber
    9 g protein
    ZERO TASTE, HA HA!
    Ah well, can't always get what you want On the plus side, one serving size is one can!
  • Quote: ZERO TASTE, HA HA!
    Thanks hoodj, I will have to try that one. If I hear of any better ones I'll let you know.

Hi Susie.. you know I really should make my own soups, but I am not much of a cook (I usually avoid it at all costs) and I live in a university residence so despite having a kitchen I doubt I will be making any homemade soups anytime soon. Maybe I can get my mom to make me some hehehe