Alfredo Sauce

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm pretty sure this is Ph1. I don't know what you would use it for, but it's quite tasty, and once you get to Ph2, you can use it on ww pasta.

1/2 cup skim milk
    3 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Light wedges
    1/2 T. parmesan cheese
    1/2 T. Molly McButter
    1 pinch garlic

Throw everything in a small sauce pan. Stir until melted and creamy, about 10minutes.

This makes 1-2 servings, depending on how much you like. It's also 2-4 WW points, if you're doing WW. Enjoy!
  • It would be great on spaghetti squash! I have one and may try it next week. Thanks.
  • What is Molly McButter? DH loves alfredo sauce, and I think it would be good on veggies, chicken, or fish.
  • Molly McButter is a butter flavored seasoning, usually used to sprinkle on popcorn. It's in the seasoning isle. The sauce is pretty darn good, so it's worth trying!
  • Weezle: DH and I just finished dinner... We used yer sauce over steamed cauliflower.. Most YumaLish! Taste so very much like Alfredo!

My Man Chicken is rating this one .

.5 Chef Dude Hats !

(he woulda given it a 5 but we had it over a veggie instead of a pasta )
  • I'm glad your Man Chicken enjoyed! I haven't made it for Terry yet.... hogged it all for myself. It was wonderful over whole wheat macaroni. (I didn't have any whole wheat fettuccini.) The thing I liked most about it was that it was all stuff I had in the fridge and pantry. I didn't have to go buy anything special to make it.
  • Here's a healthy alternative...lots of protein with little fat and very yummy!

1 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
    3/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
    3/4 cup low fat Monterey Jack Cheese; shredded
    3/4 cup parmesan cheese; grated
    3 teaspoon garlic; minced

In blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, milk, ricotta; puree. Transfer to 10 in skillet; add the Monterey Jack, Parmesan and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
  • Low-fat/lite Alfredo Sauce #100488
    recipe by Tiffany I.

I originally saw this recipe on another website, but I added a few ingredients. This is the best low fat, low cal. Alfredo Sauce I have ever tried.
    4 servings
    25 minutes 10 mins prep
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
    1/8 teaspoon basil (can add more, depending on your pref.)

Put all ingredients, except basil, into food procesor or blender and blend until smooth.
    Pour mixture in small saucepan and add basil.
    Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth consistency.
    Add more basil, salt and/or pepper, if desired.
    Let cook on very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
    Serve over any type of pasta or use for Vegetable Lasagna.
  • Quote: I'm pretty sure this is Ph1. I don't know what you would use it for, but it's quite tasty, and once you get to Ph2, you can use it on ww pasta.

1/2 cup skim milk
    3 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Light wedges
    1/2 T. parmesan cheese
    1/2 T. Molly McButter
    1 pinch garlic

Throw everything in a small sauce pan. Stir until melted and creamy, about 10minutes.

This makes 1-2 servings, depending on how much you like. It's also 2-4 WW points, if you're doing WW. Enjoy!
    This was DELISH over cauliflower! I even used the rest of it to put over my chicken... the boyfriend (non-sbder) just poured it over everything on his plate

I'm going to make chicken and broccoli with this, minus the noodles for phase I, yum!
  • I diced up leftover Ham, cauliflower and Weezles sauce ... baked it like a casserole... most TASTEEEEE....

Tonight we are having chicken alfredo with Angel hair pasta (for him) and WW spagetti for me... yum!
  • Hmm I may have to make a casserole out of it and some chopped veggies. I have peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli. Might even add some fake meat to it and see how it does. Good thinkin, Schnatzo!
  • Tried this tonight over Spaghetti squash. It was pretty good. A little on the thick side.
  • I just made Weezle's sauce and was quite surprised by how much it thickened up. It definitely seems like alfredo sauce to me. I doubled the recipe and it easily fed my 3 kids plus DH and myself with some leftovers. I used 3 wedges of Garlic and Herb Light and 3 wedges of Swiss Light. Thank you, Weezle. Oh...my kids gobbled theirs up on whole grain pasta and I am about to have mine on steamed zucchini ribbons. YUM!
  • Anytime! I love that recipe!
  • any suggestions for replacing the butter substitute? I don't have any on hand and hate to buy it just for this recipe, unless I love this which it sounds like i might!! any ideas?