The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

You're on Page 63 of 69
Go to
  • hi..
    serena... i don't know if this will help you but at times it helps me feel full.. eat an apple and when u are really hungry try downing 1-2 glasses of water .. it should fill you up if your body is CRAVING something it will keep searching and you will keep eating til it finds what it needs.. well have a good one..Kim
  • Kim,

Glad you guys had a blast at the water park!

Mucnkin & I had movie night last night. Includes pizza, candy, popcorn (all that stuff). I did enjoy some, but so much less than I would have in the past. I know it will be a while before I do it again too. My tummy was not to happy with me this morning and last night I had a hard time sleeping.

I have reliezed I am 20% to my long term goal!! I know it does not seem like much, but to me it is motivation to move up the percentage. Got some yard work done this morning and hoping to get in the pool before I go to a cookout.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

E
  • hey
    I have been doing really well up until last night. The hubby brought the boys happy meals and then gave me fries and a plane cheese burger. I ate it but told him not to bring me anything anymore unless I ask. He was a little offended and was like I thought I was doing something nice. I just told him I know but it was way over my points. Anyway, Hopefully it won't show too bad on tuesday.
  • hi.. serena,, i think secretly those hubbys want us to stay a little over weight.. or else they really are dense! lol.. if dh brought me one.. I scape off the cheese... rinse or dap grease off and cut up into a salad no roll... save those extra wasted points for a real indulgence not a boring mcd's cheeseburger... i find if I just even get a taste of something like that it is enough to just fill the what have i been missin gap.. now the other nite was another story.. we ordered dominos pizza.. well I had 3 slices before i knew what hit me.. i just haven't had that taste in such a long time i dived in!!! i was within points but all that sodium and cheese.. i am paying for it now 2 days later... scales are up.. so gotta be very very good next three days!!!!!! actually two..my new week starts wed.. best to you..Kim
  • weight in
    Tuesday night was weigh in. I lost 1.2 pounds. Which is really a surprise since the weekend didn't really go well AND I'm bloated. So maybe if I can do right this week by next week I'll really do well cause I'll lose the regular weight and the bloatedness. Something I"ve really been craving lately is gourmet coffee. I worked at the mall about 6 six years ago and I use to get gourmet coffee on a regular basis. (Which of course helped to get me into my current predicament, along with the gourmet cookie shop and the candy store located in the mall)

Kim: I have a real weekness for pizza. The sad thing is, it doesn't really even have to taste that great. Did you ever taste the double decker pizza that dominos sold for awhile. It had some kind of cream cheese filling between the layers. It's a good thing they stopped making it cause I'd have pizza every other night.
  • well my weigh in had me up 1 pound!! yikes... first gain a 2 months... well gotta payt more attention to nite time snacking.. right now i am soo tired but i have to pay more attention to my nite time eating.. well i will check in later..kim
  • well it is almost 9 pm and i am out of points and I am hungry... i will go drink 2 glasses of water and see if that helps!! I know thre is always veggies.. where is everybody??? My MIL just left ..she was here since thurs! I am tired.. I leave for florida..(flying) on thurs so I can drive up with my mother back to where i started...hmmmm.... she wants to drive up but nervous her 1st time driving north without her husband,..he dies 5 yrs ago..
    well hope to chat with some of you soon! Kim
  • So been MIA for a week ro so...computer was down...do not have privacy at work (IT guys seem so weird?)...still maintaining...will check in this week for accountability. I'm frustrated that I'm just maintaining. Hope all is well with everyone else!
  • Erin - I'm a big "I'm 20%...30%...to goal weight" person, too!! Congrats! And, to answer your ?, no, I haven't changed anything yet. I'm still not counting calories and dont' know quite why I'm obviously resisting doing it since I know it would get me out of this slump...
  • hey
    I don't know what it is about the weekend that is so hard for me. My week starts on wednesday and I do great wed, thurs and friday but after that I just do horribly. I'm sure it's gonna show tomorrow at weight in.

I colored my hair last night and I"ve had a head ache ever since. I'm not sure I like the color. My natural probably looked better. the husband didn't have anything to say about it.
  • Serena - Hope your headache goes away. What kind of color did you use? I just started using Garnier Nutrisse and I love it. I struggle on the weekends most of all also. I guess since I'm out of my normal routine?

Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be even better!
  • Ww
    momto2- I used clairol hydrience. I chose a blond and in the past the colors have lightened my hair really well but this time it didn't really take. Of course right before I colored my hair I noticed my hair seemed much darker than i remembered, so I don't really like the shade it turned it.

I weighed in last night. I lost 1 pound. So since i started back "officially" i have lost 7 pounds. I can't really see the difference yet. My pants are just as difficult to put on as before, but my mom said she can tell.

OK I need opinions. My sister-in-law just bought a house and is having a house warming. I want to get her something neat but don't want to spend much money. Any ideas?
  • Can you offer to make some food for the event? And then maybe just a small gift? A set of glasses. Tablecloth?
  • yes
    I actually came up with a gift idea while searching the net. I think I might get one of the "new home" christmas ornaments. I know it's early in the year but that's a gift that I would appreciate. We always do collectors ornaments every year for our kids and ourselves.
    I did a christmas gift one year for everyone and called it the winter survival kit. I put coffee, hot chocolate and all the makings for smores in a bag and the dollar store had 500 piece puzzles for $1 so I put one in each bag. It was a big hit, and cheap. That's something the husband and I use to love to do when it was just the 2 of us is put puzzles together.
  • Christmas ornament is a GREAT gift! I love that and am glad you mentioned it. One of my sisters is getting married next month and I'll include one! I get my girls a "special" ornament each Christmas also. (I cheat kinda - I go to the After-Christmas sales and get the next years ornaments - so like a $25 ornament for $5-$10!)