The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

You're on Page 25 of 69
Go to
  • It'll be 6 weeks tomorrow for me. Lost 11 in the first 4 weeks. I'm 34 - will be 35 in July and "hope" to be in ONEderland! It's a stretch and I won't kill myself trying...but I wish! And, yes it is much harder to lose at this age I think. Or maybe my body is remembering the horror of my last "diet". The last time I lost a lot of weight (115 pounds in roughly 8 months) was 7 years ago and I did it by basically starving myself - at least for the first 4 months or so I only ate 800 calories a day and burned over that in exercise each day. Then I increased my calories the last 4 months or so and and still lost pretty quick. I worked out for 3-4 hours a day though. My addiction turned from food to exercise. I see the same tendency this time around to try to squeeze in "just one more little workout before bed..." but I'm not letting it control me now. Of course if we are going on a hike, it's a long exercise session, but otherwise I allow myself between 1-2 hours a day. I AM IN A TOTALLY NEW PLACE MENTALLY! I am not on a "diet" this time. I can totally see myself carrying on what I've started now. It's really not that hard to plan for good meals and just count calories - even the "bad" ones.
  • I'm 36 and it as taken me 9 weeks to lose 16lbs
  • Okay, with our 5 responses we are down 75.2 lbs! WAHOO!!!!!

I am 29. It has taken me 13 months to lose 27 lbs.
  • Poll Answer

I began my journey on August 6th, 2005 - so, 6 mths & 2 days
    To date I've lost 70 lbs
    Which brings our total to 145.2!! Woohoo girlies!!

Nori :: I know exactly what ya mean about being a new place, mentally ... this time is SO different for me, than the hundreds before!
  • Well it was my turn to have sick ones. My son was sick for about four days through the snow and all. I got a cold that hit me pretty hard on Tuesday (after work I spend valentines day sleeping) and DH got my son's stomach bug on Monday. I honestly do not know what I ate the the last two days with the cold, I do not think I ate enough calories, but was not up to keeping track and not all that hungry.

My son was over it all by Tuesday and went back to school on Wed and Hubby & I am on the road to recovery - so up in the morning to catch up on the exercise goal.

WoW we have done really well as a group. I started in January (I think I am at my 7 week mark) and I lost 18 pounds. I am 29.

Group total 163.2!!! ...and that is only 7 of us.

Everyone take care, do well, and keep up the awesome work.

Erin
  • Wow!!!! We have lost so much weight!!
    Hi guys,

Wow, over 163 pounds lost. We are all doing so well. I'm proud of us!!!

I can relate to what Nori said about being in the right place. I am so there right now too. It's all about timing and I guess last time it was bad timing to lose the weight because I just gained it all back and then some. Now I am mentally and physically ready to lose the weight.

I was just curious as to whether it's age that slows down the weight loss process. I know it's true in my case!! After I hit 30, my metabolism slowed down big time!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Lisa
  • Lisa, I'm 38 and lost 8 lbs in four weeks...as of Monday 2/13.

Sure you can call me Mo, a lot of people at work do.
    I don't know how you girls do all that exercise!!! I got home around 7 last night from buying my new sneakers and only did 15 minutes of BATP, I was struggling. I paused to help DH wash her hair in the bath and then DH said supper was ready, we ate and then watched American Idol. I never did the other 15 minutes I'm hoping when the weather gets better I'll be able to do more outside walking and hiking. We have marked trails just down the road from us, I'd say less than a mile and it's a shame I've only used them a few times.

Danielle: I was going to buy a pair of Nike Shox cross trainers for their sturdiness but they were $100 and not on sale. So to compromise I ended up buying Nike Shox for running $110 & were 40% off and a pair of Ryka cross trainers for doing the DVD workout. I wore the Rykas last night and they felt good. I'll let you know about the Shox when I try them out.

Does everyones kids get February vacation or is it just in the Northeast? I get Monday off next week for President's Day and I'm taking off Friday as a vacation day to bring the kids to the Boston Museum of Science. They have a Star Wars exhibit that both the kids want to see. We'll stay over so we can use the observatory for star gazing which is only open on Friday nights. Not sure what we'll do on Saturday but I'm banking points now for an italian dinner on the North end I'll try to restrain myself from the italian pastries Hopefully Grandma will watch the kids Tues, Wed & Thurs.

Menu: cereal w/ blueberries, shrimp cocktail, granola bar, rice cakes, orange, salad w/ feta, 1/2 baked potato w/ LF sour cream.
    Exercise: 15 min. BATP Water: 32 oz? Pts. 20

Send some exercise energy my way please!
  • DH just called me at work to tell me that he weighed today and the scale is reporting 21 lbs lost!!! He's 39 and he's been dieting just over 4 weeks also.
  • Hello!
    Hi guys,

Mo - way to go on your loss and your husband's loss. Men lose weight so much faster than us women don't they? It's not fair!! LOL!

Here's sending some exercise energy your way..... Hope it helps! I couldn't get up to workout this morning. Been unusually tired this week, hopefully the three day weekend will help. I'm working out at lunch, so that's good.

Have a great day!

Lisa
  • Hi guys!

In answer to the poll question, I'm 36, tomorrow (friday) will complete my 6th week, & I've lost 9 pounds. However, tomorrow's weigh in day so I may have a loss to report.

I'm finding it so much harder to lose this time around. I think all the yo-yo'ing I've done the last 2 years has had a huge effect on this. Trying to be really patient, some days are better than others.

I do totally agree with Nori about being there mentally. I had thought I was the first time I lost big, obviously it wasn't the case cause I gained it all back + some! I know this time is really different, I feel something that I have never felt before. Learning alot about myself in the last year has also helped tremendously, realizing that I DO deserve this, I am entitled to be thin like everyone else. Most of all, I NEED to be healthy.

Mo, glad the shoes are working out for you. LMK how things go with them, I really really need a new pair, and soon. Your trip with the kids sounds like alot of fun, enjoy. No Feb. time off for my kids here. They get a spring break at the end of March and that's it til summer. Congrat's to you and dh for the fantastic weight loss so far!

Lisa, get that rest lady, we need you racking up those exercise minutes. Hope this weekend lets you catch up and rest so you're back to feeling energetic. It's great that you do exercise at lunch time tho. Go you!

Everyone's weight loss is so impressive. It certainly keeps me motivated to keep on keepin' on. I can work hard & keep striving to better myself, or I can do nothing and be even bigger by this time next year. I'll take the hard work and weight loss thank you very much! )
  • WOW were at 201lbs...thats more than one body we've lost and with only from 10 of us...everyone here is so motivated...I can feel the willpower and determination...

I'm also finding it harder this time around..it could be age but I also think the past yo-yo diets does affect us now...it's like your body is saying not again..

Mo - have a great weekend...

Erin - hope your family feels better soon...being sick makes it hard to stay on track...I've been sick since monday and just couldn't manage to get in any exercise on mon but have managed the rest of the week..it did make me feel better afterwards though...
  • Yeah!!
    Wow, we're at 201 pounds. That is so amazing with just ten of us. That truly helps keep me inspired!!!!

Good job everyone!

I hear you, I'm going to rest this weekend, but I still need to get some exercise, too bad the weather will be too cold to be outside. I might do some treadmill workouts!

Take care.

Lisa
  • 201 pounds!!!!!!!!!! Wow - we've lost so much between us! (Thanks Stacye for that 70 lb boost in there! lol)

Today I had to take my ds for his 15 month check up. My intake today has lacked any kind of nutrient. Except, I did try this new drink - has anyone had the new Fuze Slenderize???

Ladies & J, keep up the great work! C'mon, we still have a few more pounds we can add to our poll, I know it! There are more than 10 of us. Elizabeth and J, where are you? We miss you!
  • That's amazing how much we've all lost combined!

It is FREEZING cold here again. So strange given we've had some unseasonably warm days recently. Actually had snow flurries a couple days ago. It was 6 degrees this morning. It's supposed to be super sold tonight and the orchardists are so worried because they will lose the whole apricot and peach crops if it gets as cold as they say it's going to.

Mo - I have some nicknames too. My given name in Lenora, my family calls me Nora or Nori. My 2 year old has started calling me RaRa (I guess it sounds like Nora to her?). And yes, it's frustrating how quickly men lose!!!

Stacye - how much more do you want to lose?

Erin - hope you feel 100% soon.

For some reason I'm not hungry today. I did 30 min of strength training and 60 minutes of cardio. So I should have worked up an appetite. Forced myself to eat last time. Not sick or anything? I'll probably just go with it and have it be a low calorie day - I usually keep them b/t 1400-1600.

Have a good day everyone. I cannot believe how quickly this year is flying by.
  • I forgot to add that it's so hilarious watching my 2 year old do her abs! She has the breathing down and everything!!