The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

You're on Page 17 of 69
Go to
  • Tuesday
    Hi girls. I'm so glad to see everyone is doing so good.

Lori: congrats on the 19 lbs for January that's a super huge loss!!
    Lisa & Catherine: congrats on the 2 lbs, let's see if we can do 2 every week, wouldn't that be great! The #2 sounds little, but the word pound is so heavy! We should all have a model of a pound of fat so we realize how much it really is.
    Momto2: hang in there, you lost a lot quickly, give us a chance to catch up! You'll drop again soon, maybe increase water? I didn't see any sheets available, I'll double check that would be a lot easier, thanks.
    Marine: you still have time to meet your goals, you're doing great, you all really inspire me so much...I can't say thanks enough.

Monday: cereal, Lean Cuisine, apple, clementines, turkey dinner
    Total Points: about 20 Water: 30+ oz. Exercise: 15 minutes BATP

Anyone have any new recipes to share? I'm turkeyed and chickened out lately...I have two pork tenderloins in the freezer, maybe I'll thaw them out. Is teriyaki bad for you on WW? I forgot I have veggie wraps to make but the kids won't eat them.

Well, I have a ton of typing to do today, I'll check in later in the day

Have a great day!!!
  • Have a good day!!!
    HI guys,

Thanks everyone for the support!!

I have a good idea for those of you on WW (even if you're not, these are awesome!). They're the WW All Day Breakfast Cinnamon Sugar Swirl (2 points each). Now the trick for me is to only eat 1. They're so good I want to eat more!!!

I went a little bit over my points yesterday, but I knew it was coming because I went out to eat with some friends, so it was fine.

I worked out first thing this morning because I can't do it at lunch. I did a Taebo workout. I feel good this morning!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Lisa
  • Glad to be back !
    Hi Ladies ~
    *peeks her head around her desk and smiles meekly* I have been MIA for over a week, and I am so sorry, but everyone at home got sick with different stuff, and work has been a tad busier. I feel like I've missed out on SO much in the past 2 weeks, like I have fallen off the wagon of knowing everyone. Boy, that makes me look like a real heel since I originally started this Group. So please forgive me, and I look forward to being back in action and getting to know everyone again, and the new comers.

Maureen & Danielle to the Group. My name is Elizabeth aka MommaAshley, and I look so forward to getting to know you both as you share in this journey ~ You've both posted and I've enjoyed reading and learning about ya'll !!

To All of the Wonderful Ladies who I know ~ Glad to see everyone is still here and participating in all different ways. I have missed all of you, and hope to catch up with all of you !!

YAY for ALL The WeightLoss !!!
    YAY for ALL of the Right & !!!

Thanks for keeping The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style GROUP or should I say FAMILY together full of encouragement & support !!

A quick update, I have lost a Total of 21 lbs - 19 of which were lost in January. I have met my Valentine's Goal early !! And am So excited !!!

and Keep up all the awesome work !!

• just a few tips
    Lisa: I"m doing WW but on my own so I"m not real familier with all the foods is the WW All Day Breakfast Cinnamon Sugar Swirl is it a recipe or something you purchase already made?

Anyone else that may be interested: Back when I first started WW our instructor, I guess is what you would call her, told us when you think about it as being 1 pound loss it may not sound like much but 1 pound equals 4 sticks of butter so if you think about it like that it sounds like much more. I've lost 7 pounds so far so I've lost 28 sticks of butter.

Also, I'm not real good at doing this myself but it makes sense. I was told once that you shouldn't drink 30 minutes before a meal or during a meal and wait 30 minutes after your meal before drinking anything. Of course it's OK to keep a glass of water next to you incase you get choked up but the reason for this is that drinking before during and after can dilute your stomach acids so that the acids are not able to digest your food as quickly and thoroughly thus hendering weight loss.

But it sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!
    I'm back on track myself after my brownie insident just completely messed me up with my diet for 2 days. After eating a brownie sunday night all I wanted to do all day yesterday was eat. Anyway, doing good today.
  • MomTo2 - Yes, Jiggle Free Abs came as part of my Transfirmer set. I'm so sorry - I didn't see your questions on the Exercise Forum. I need to head back there! Jiggle Free Abs rock - you'll love the video when you get it. My husband is going to start doing it with me. Thank you for the encouraging words. I will spice up my routine a little. At the gym, I've added in 5 minutes of stairstepping. I know it doesn't sound like much, but whoa is that some work! I also need to do my Firm videos more - I feel like if I could just put some more muscle on I could really blast some fat off. I like to imagine the muscle arm wrestling the fat outta there.

Catherine - CONGRATS ON THE 2 POUNDS!!!We are stationed in 29 Palms, CA right now. In August we're moving to South Carolina. WAHOO!!!!!!

Nighthawk - WTG!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Everyone keep up the great work. You motivate me so much!!!!!!!!!
  • Sarah - thanks. I just added the StairMaster on Saturday too. I did 30 minutes the first day (because there were no other empty machines) and then yesterday cut back to 15.

I don't have tim efor personals right now...in the middle of big time house cleaning...I just have to get my 3FC fix for the hour!
  • Hi there!
    Hi guys,

Welcome back Elizabeth!! Life gets hectic sometimes doesn't it?? I hope you and everyone in your family are feeling better!! Congrats on losing all that weight and reaching your Valentine's goal early, I'm sure that makes you feel wonderful!!!

Serena - the WW snack I mentioned is a WW snack bar. I got it at my WW meeting, so not sure exactly where to get it, maybe grocery stores or check WW website. They're so yummy!!

Take care.

Lisa
  • Elizabeth - WELCOME BACK, STRANGER!! We have all missed you! It's so great to see you again. Keep up the great work!

Nori - how in the world do you manage 30 minutes? LOL Do you set it on manual or one of the programs?

Lisa - I think you can only buy those bars at the WW meetings. At our meetings they sell bars, crisps, oatmeals, candy and smoothies that you can only get at the meetings. The only way I know to get the stuff without going to a meeting is to check it out on Ebay, but sometimes it is way overpriced. It's a conspiracy to make you come to the meetings. LOL

Everyone, I hope you're having a great day!
  • Sarah - I had it on "random" program and only at level 5 out of 20. Random is nice because it speeds up for 1 segment and then slows down gradually or rapidly for the next segment and then back up.

Anyone do the Elliptical michine by LifeFitness? It's the one with the arm action? I usually use the Precor Ellipticals, but decided to mix it up today. I did it today for 30 minutes. It's nice because it also works your arms - sort of - it's still mostly lower body. Plus I like it better in reverse mode than the Precor. As soon as my belly gets smaller I'm going to venture onto one of the rowers. That seems like it would be so good for getting a sexy back!

Yes, hello Elizabeth! Nice to hear from you and to see yet another adorable siggy with Sam in it!! Congrats on your weight loss too. Fantastic!
  • little off the rocker

Hello everyone, So glad to hear from so many of you! I so look forward to getting on here everyday! I have to have my 3FC fix like Nori does! Well, I would not say I have fallen off the wagon but I did fall off the rocker a little today! I had Chinese for lunch! Very good!! Had not had it in awhile. Of course it tore my stomach up. I guess that is what I get. I have not set up an appt. with the trainer yet, still need to get all my forms to the doctor. even though it will not cost that much I do want to wait until my taxes come back, so I do not mess myself up. I also want to get my own elliptical. I still have not found the BL dvd, even at Wal-mart. Will do my squats and crunches in a little while.

Nori, that is amazing how much time you did on the stairmaster! You go girl!!!! I plan on going skating on Saturday again. I really enjoy it. Hopefully We can get someone to stay with my father-in-law and my husband will be able to go to!

Elizabeth, so glad to have you back! great job on the weight loss!

Lisa, try some of the South beach diet bars, I love the Cranberry almond. I really like the wraps that they have also. They come two to a package but I only eat one and save the other one for the next day at work, since I am doing small meals.

Marine Mom, It said you were from VA, that is why I asked. South Carolina will be cool.

Maureen, Maybe we can stick with the two pounds each, it does add up! I told my husband about the pound of butter. So he passed me a frozen pound roll of sirloin burger. So looking at that two pounds is a lot.

Well, I need to go start dinner and help my daughter with her math homework!

See ya later!
    Catherine
  • Quote: But I have gone from having to talk myself into exercise to just assuming that I am going to do it ...huge deal for me.
    Hey Lori - I was reading back and this line really stuck out to me!! Congratulations!! You are doing great!! It is cool how something completely unnatural does become second nature in a pretty short amount of time, isn't it?!

Catherine - I'm actually a little scared of skating. I like Chinese also. And not the healthy stuff. It's so hard when things you don't plan for bombard your day and plans. It'll be fine though. We'll all eat Chinese (or something we like) again! Speaking of taxes, I just keep checking our bank account to see if the refund has been deposited yet.

Anyone else excited about the Olympics starting on Friday? I love the Olympics. Plus, I always enjoy and get emotional at those stories they tell about the different athletes.
  • Getting Here Late....
    Good evening ladies. I hope you all had a great day. I had planned on getting here earlier today to post personals to everyone, but had DH in my hair all day and that threw everything way off track!

You all had a busy day today, it's great to hear. I love reading everyone's day-to-day stuff, it feels so personal, like a family I guess. I love how everyone here seems so close, makes me feel good.

Had an awesome workout tonight. Did #3 of the biggest loser dvd and 1 hr. on the bike. Rockin out to my favorite tunes on my iPod. Gosh, I love that thing, best gift I ever got! Feels like I work it harder listening and that makes me feel super.

Catherine, have you tried looking on Amazon for your BL dvd? It's not much more than at WalMart and shipping is way cheap. Might save you some running around time.

Nori, I love the Olympics too! I love winter, summer, whatever's on. I also cry at the personals they do of the athletes. Of course dh just rolls his eyes at me!

Well, it's getting late so I better sign off. I couldn't let today pass without at least a wave to you all.

See ya in the morning!
  • Hi Chickies,
    Hope you all had a great tues mine went well I work nights so my days get kinda messed up sometimes.
    Maureen: I am with you on the two pounds and although it sounds like a little amount I think we all know that weight loos any faster doesn't stick and we lose lean muscle as well as fat so let's go for 2

Erin: I love those days when I need to eat more I have things like popcorn....6 cups W/ 1 tbsp of light marg only 4 points and it's all I can do to eat it all...of course I do cause thats the way I am

Elizabeth: Hope everything is getting back to normal for you It's way to easy to get bogged down with stuff WTG on you weight loss and meeting your Valentines goal early

Serena: Sticks of butter awesome idea I have lost 76 sticks of butter literally since both are fats. The sugar gets me too if I eat sugar man I I'm craving everything and everything.

Sarah: Hows your butt after all those stairs buns of steel coming up?

Nori: My elliptical has the arm action I just noticed today I am growing a bicep and I love the fact that my body is starting to crave the exercise and we are having such a nice mild winter I have been just itching to get outside for walks.

Well I am off to throw my body onto the elliptical and get ready for work.
    Have a great weds.
    Lori
  • Catherine - how funny. I've visited Virginia, but we've never been stationed there (yet). When I look at the screen it doesn't list a state for me. Eeek - just looked keyboard. V and C are right next to each other. Is completely possible I mistyped!!!!!
  • Good morning!
    Hi guys,

Catherine - thanks, I'll have to check out those SB bars. They sound good, too. I'm constantly carrying around my little points slide ruler to figure out how many points everything is. At this point, you would think I would be figuring out points in my sleep!!!

Yeah maybe you can only get those WW bars at the meetings. That would make sense. The scary thing is at the meetings they are $4.50 a box and last week I bought two. I will have to find other, less costly alternatives then. Every once and awhile I might give it to buy them, they are so darn good!!!

Hope all are well. I started doing my Taebo tapes yesterday morning and I'm going to combine them with doing Spinning at the gym during lunch. I hope that makes the fat fly off my body!!! LOL!

Take care,
    Lisa