The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

You're on Page 10 of 69
Go to
  • Katie - your dress is very pretty...My daughter is going to prom this year also...hers is in may...I know you will have a wonderful time and you will look great in your dress.

As for me....I didn't get to exercise yesterday...I went to see Aerosmith in concert last night after work....He is so great...They really put on a great show....Didn't get to sleep til after one so not enough sleep....I'm going to try to at least ride my bike tonight but I'm really tired...I am doing good with my eating so far this week.
  • Hi I would like to join too. I am 43 living in Alberta. I am currently going to WW and am down about 6 lbs. I just joined the gym and go 3 times a week at the very least. I really like it. I am NOT and excercise person but this program really seems to work for me. it is 30 min start to finish--perfect for me.

I am married and have 2 kids 18 & 16 and 1 stepdaughter who is 26 and a grandson who is 16 months. My motivation is to see them all mrrried and happy. My short term goal is to take up hiking with my hubby. We plan on a backpack trip for a weekend in the mountains. I am looking forward to it. I am good on the walking staight and narrow as I have a dog and walk him about 45 minutes 4 times a week but let me tell you that hill just about kill me. I want to be able to do stairs and not be totally out of breath at the top!!

I see you all are trying to quit sugar, HOW on earth do you do that?? Cold turkey? To me it is almost like quitting drugs! I can't even imagine it.

Please help me on this one!
  • Quote: I see you all are trying to quit sugar, HOW on earth do you do that?? Cold turkey? To me it is almost like quitting drugs! I can't even imagine it.

Please help me on this one!
    Sorry, I cannot help you. I haven't been able to have 1 day so far with NO sugar. I really got into a sugar rut during the holidays this year. I haven't "lost control" with sugar since I started. But I do need to set that as a goal now. Even if I manage to not have a nibble of something sweet, I ALWAYS have 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup in my morning coffee. I do like Splenda - got look into that more.

Elizabeth - do you bake with Splenda? I remember I baked banana bread once and it turned of "different".
  • Hi Everyone, I've had another good day.

Sarah: I was doing a little more then 4 mi on the elliptical then I took off the weekend and Mon I did 5.67 mi, Tues was a less at 4.51 and Today I did 5.16 and, drum roll please, I LIKED IT!! My resolution this year was to do an hour a day I just got on the first of Jan and said I had to keep on till I did an hour on the timer. No moving no time, so a couple of days it actually took almost 70 minutes to do my hour but this week I am liking it.

Elizabeth: Congrats on meeting so many of your goals

Katie: what a beautiful dress you will look stunning in it.

Stacye : I check out your pic what an inspiration you are

Sandy: Nice to meet you, you're going to like here. We have a few thing in common Age, weight, foodplan and I LOVE to hike. I quit sugar cold turkey dec 28 after a few days the craving went away, until then I used sugar free pop to get me through. I find if I stay away from sugar the whole food plan is easier to follow. Good luck with quiting

Have a great Wednesday everyone
    Lori
  • Morning -
    I am up and ready to get 15 minutes in before dropping my son at day care and get into work. I am trying to figure out the best way to get my schedule organized so I can get time for an entire workout. I really want to do the Biggest Loser workout again, but I am not sure how working out late at night (after 7) will work - any thoughts for those who work out in the evening. I usually have done morning, but get rushed when my husband is out of town. Right after work is not the best since my 3 yr old son wants to join in and I would end missing half the work out in order to avoid falling on him.

Lori - You have done great with the ellipitical workouts - WAY TO GO!!!

Stayce - you did great with the weight loss - good for you!!!

Momto2 - I have baked with spenda at Christmas and sometimes it is trail and error to see which recipes it works in. For sweets I typically use a half and half mix. It at least lowers calories and no one ever says anything (and I usually threaten if you do not say something about it being icky - that means I will keep making it).

Hope everyone has an awesome day - Erin
  • Hi everyone, hope your having a good day! I have been to the doctor and have a sinus infection and fluid in my ears so the exercise is on hold. Hard to walk on the treadmill when you dizzy. The diet is going okay though because I don't feel like eating (the "only" good thing about being sick). I have only lost the 4 pounds since I started on January 13th.

Erin-I normally work out in the evening, I'm not a morning person. It works well for me and I sleep better but my children are old enough to leave me alone for that time.

Got to go lay down, talk to everyone later!
  • Happy Hump Day !! :)
    Hi Everyone

Hope this finds you ALL doing well !! Seems like everyone is having a GREAT week !! WOOHOO on all the exercise, eating right, and just being such a great support and wealth of encouragement !!

Diva ~ How could anyone forget you and your vivacious self ?! Stay on track and make another HUGE chef salad so I can come and have some !! Good to hear from you

Nori, SO glad to hear about your weightloss !! Sorry about your 2 kids being sick, I hope they receover quickly !! Keep up the good work with exercise and diet !! Looking forward to hearing more about you !!

Katie ~I am LOVING that beautiful dress ! You're going to knock-em dead in that hot number !! Girlie, I know you can get back on the wagon and lose more weight !!

Stacye ~ SO GOOD to see you and hear from you !! Woohoo on 65 lbs total weight loss !! Girl you're doing good. I'll be glad to tell my Mom you're gonna move in with her - she always says the more the merrier !!

dgpebbles ~ GOOD to see you again and I amSO jealous you saw Aerosmith !! I know that was SO fun !! Yay for good eating !! Keep it up !!

Hi Sandy & to the group !! We're so glad to have you and will be more than happy to give you the support you need ! Looking forward to getting to learn more about you !!

Lori !! ~ Congrats on all you're doing !! You always give such encouragement and motivation in your posts !! YAY for the exercise and weight loss !! WOOHOO go girl !!

Erin ~ I always love reading your posts and hearing from you ! Glad to hear you bought another scale and hope it comes soon and works right for you !! I wish you continued success !! Still LOVING that dress you picked out !! May have to get one for my cruise !!

Serena ~ Hi again !! Yay for the elliptical and WOOHOO for exercising !! Keep it up girl the weight will just come off !! Sorry to hear your boys have been sick and hope they get better quick !!

Sarah ~ Hello hello Your Dr. appt sounded Blah, but I was So happy for you to read that you're about to get out of the Obese section for BMI !! So happy for you !! I cannot WAIT to reach that goal !! I know you are an exercising mad woman and am sure that's going well !! Keep up the great work !!

Katrina ~ So sorry to hear your sick ~ I Do hope you feel better soon !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To answer some questions about Splenda ~ I use the sugars - both white and brown, and the baking kind. I must admit Splenda in incredible, and I really learned to love it last year when I was pregnant and was Gestational Diabetic ! But it's my friend now since I gave up sugar !! Splenda is wonderful when making just about anything. Once you start using it you get used to it !!

Now I have some questions
    What in the WORLD is an elliptical ? I don't know what it is, or what it looks like, etc and so forth

Who all is using exercise videos ? Which ones, and how do you like them ?

Well all that's all for now !!! I will be checking in again this afternoon. BTW, another Biggest Loser "Families" starts tonight !! LOVE that show !!

• hey everyone... i had ww yesterday, and for some odd reason, i gained .6 pounds!! i am so sad because i did everything right! it just doesnt make sense well, i hope you are all doing well!

ttyl and good luck,
    jen
  • Here's a couple pics of me taken in November - with my two girls.

Just thought I'd share.

I'll bbl to write...got to go do my workout while both of them are sleeping...

BTW - Jen, that happens sometimes. You'll make up for it next week. I don't know the scientific reason...and it's frustrating...probably just water...hormones...being a woman... You just have to know that you are doing everything right...and you didn't gain...YOU STILL LOST FAT!!!!!
  • Hi Jen ~ NO worries on .6 gain !!! It's amazing how much our bodies fluctuate in regards to sodium and water !! Isn't life just GRAND ?! Keep up the good work and hang in there !!

Mom2Two ~ OMG what beautiful Children you have !! Your girls are so precious ! You're so pretty too !! Thanks for sharing pics !!

I would LOVE to see pics of all of you !! I know you've seen one pic of J & I, and now our son.

*HINT HINT*

Have a wonderful night everyone ~ Eat healthy and EXERCISE !!
  • Quote: hey everyone... i had ww yesterday, and for some odd reason, i gained .6 pounds!! i am so sad because i did everything right! it just doesnt make sense well, i hope you are all doing well!

ttyl and good luck,
    jen
    oops, I read you lost .6 - but who cares! You still lost fat for sure. It just water distribution!!
  • Quote: Mom2Two ~ OMG what beautiful Children you have !! Your girls are so precious ! You're so pretty too !! Thanks for sharing pics !!
    Why thanks! Of course I think they're beautiful! Your little fellow is adorable as well! Is he 10 months? I thin k you said that. Melina is 9 months - born 4-11. And I'm always willing to share their pics - it's mine I'm more stingy with. I need to have DH take a full length pic of me soon. The most recent full length picI have is a belly shot (fully clothed ) from about 1 year ago. Here's a family picture from July. I couldn't get the colors adjusted right scanning it in, so it's kinda dark.
  • Hi Can I join you all?
  • hump day is right

Hello everyone! I have been lazy, and not checked in, in a few days! We seem to grow so fast. Today is truly a hump day. I fell off of the wagon today and I ate what I should not have. Not only do I emotionly regret it, but I physically regret it. The food just tore my stomach up. I have begun my exercise routine. Haven't done that today either! I would like to try The Biggest Loser tape. You all have said very good things about it. Can't wait until tonights show. Of course, since I go to bed so early because of work, I tape it with Tivo and watch it the next day.

I absolutely love all of the pictures that everyone has posted. I will get my picture on here soon. I will try tomorrow. I have a feeling there are a lot of reality tv viewers on here. I have a picture of my kids with Ty Pennington. They did an Extreme Home Makeover house in my town in December. It has not aired yet. My daughter was ecstatic. We were able to be
    closer then most people, we had connections. We did not stay for the reveal though.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, hopefully better than I am. My father in law is going through a bad stage right now. It is taking a toll on us. For those who knew I was spending the day with my husband and kids this last Monday, We had a BLAST!

Thank you everyone for letting me vent, talk to all of you soon!

Catherine
  • Hey everyone
    Well I didn't get to exercise yesterday either..I was just too tires from the lack of sleep from the day before.

Elizabeth - I have been using the new biggest loser dvd with Bob training..so far I like it...and I also like quickfix total workout for toning ...today I went to best buy and bought a few dvd workouts of Jillian training from the biggest loser so I will be trying them this week...I also bought a DDR(dance dance revolution) which Ive seen alot of girls on here talk about

sandy - sugar is really hard to cut out..it's my biggest craving...I buy sugarfree hard candys so the flavor last a while and also sugarfree ic cream bars...I also have a reciepe for peanut butter cookies baked with splenda if you all want it...their a little dry but they do the trick....hicking in the mountians sounds like alot of fun...I wish I had something like that to look forward to..

Lori - great job on the elliptical...keep it up girl

Katrina - sorry your sick...get some rest and feel better soon

sweetpeas - your family is so cute...you all look so happy.

I try to do my dvd workouts in the morning(that is when I can get my butt out of bed) and I ride my bike at night after supper.
    Have a great night everyone