Hummus brands

• I bought the athenos brand from walmart only to find it has High fructose corn syrup Think it would hurt to finish the container so I don't waste it?

I was considering making my own but does walmart carry the tahini?? Can anyone else recommend a brand (majority of my shopping is done at Kroger, Walmart or HEB).
  • Athenos is what I buy. Check the different flavors. I think the Greek and the Three Pepper ones don't have the high fructose corn syrup.
  • I buy Tribe brand with Cracked Chili Peppers, and there is not corn syrup. It is very tasty. I get it at Schnucks.
  • I have some of the 3 pepper one. I'll stick with that! Thanks
  • Amy, do you have a Whole Foods market in your area? Or if not, check your phone book for a middle eastern market. You'll find tahini there. Making the hummus really is easy and you'll be sure you aren't getting any nasties like HFCS in it
  • I sometimes throw in sesame seeds if I don't have tahini. As someone has already said, peanut butter works too. To make the red pepper hummus, I add my pureed roasted red peppers from the freezer. Would you believe I bought a case (28 pounds) in the fall, roasted and pureed them? Martha has nothing on me!
  • I bought Athenos brand, and looked through them all until I found that Roasted Red Pepper contains no HFCS. It's pretty good! My first hummus experience.