I Found A Kick Butt Peanut Butter!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and I came across a product called Better 'N Peanut Butter. I think it is also sold at Whole Foods. A serving is 2T and it has per serving 100cal, 2.5g fat, 13g carb and 2g sugar! It has a very creamy consistancy and for the low calories and fat it doesn't taste too bad at all! I think it would be great to add to smothies, and sandwiches...
  • I might have to try it again. I had some of that months ago and didn't really like it--it didn't seem to have enough peanut taste to me. Did you think it was peanutty? I wonder if they tweaked the formula/recipe.....
  • I tried it about a year ago and hated it. That is the one thing I actually returned to Trader Joe's under their "we tried it, we liked it, if you don't, you can return it" guarantee.
    Better N' Nuthin'!
  • Darn, wish they had a Trader Joe's up here I keep hearing about all the yummy stuff they have - not fair!
  • Good for you Marilyn! OK, I'll admit it, I really didn't like it, but I wasn't smart enough to return it--I tossed it.
  • At my Whole Foods store, they have a brand called "Peanut Wonder" - same nutrition, 100 cals for two tablespoons.

At first bite, I was disappointed that it didn't taste like full-fat, "real" peanut butter. But I used it anyway, and lo-and-behold, I love it now. I eat it on 40 cal. bread with sf strawberry jam, with apples, celery, and (gasp) even on a spoon.

Maybe it's an aquired taste? I've found it to be worthwhile!
  • I find the Skippy's all natural to be really good and creamy! Unlike most which have no added sugars and oils, it does not separate and leave oil all over the top of the jar! Very good!! Great with Smucker's All Fruit topping.
  • Speaking of Trader Joe's... their fresh salsa is wonderful and far less expensive than that found in most other stores! Oops I guess that is not about peanut butter... but I suppose a peanut butter and salsa sandwich...???
  • I can't stomach the Petter 'n' Peanut Butter. It tastes like artificial chocolate and is only similar to pb in that it comes in a jar and is spreadable. Ick. I'm a natural Smuckers girl
  • I'm a big Smuckers fan too.... both the peanut butter AND the fruit spreads are the best!!!
  • I can't find the better 'n peanut butter anywhere. No trader joe's here. Too bad because I'm a PB freak!
  • We have a Trader Joe's but LOL after these comments I don't think I will try this stuff. What is MADE of anyway?
  • Quote: We have a Trader Joe's but LOL after these comments I don't think I will try this stuff. What is MADE of anyway?
    Ingredients:
    Peanuts (as de-fatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecithin, vitamins e & c (antioxidants).
  • Thanks!!! Doesn't sound like something I want to try LOL
  • Peanut Wonder tastes a million times better than Better N Peanut Butter but still nowhere near as good as the real thing. What I really like is called "Naturally More" and it contains peanuts, egg whites and flaxseed. That's it. Lots of Omega 3's and it has less calories per serving than regular stuff too. I found it at Albertson's I think for $3.69. Those fake PBs are really expensive too!