What ONE thing did you eat over the holidays that was WORTH the calories?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay, so we all know which foods are "good" and which are "bad," right? But lets be just a little bit naughty for a minute...

Since we ALL spend a heck of a lot of time saying "no" to the bad foods, I thought it would be nice to make peace with at least ONE indulgence we had over the holidays. So, what is ONE "bad" food you ate over the holidays that was really, really GOOD? Meaning, absolutely positively worth every single calorie, carb, and fat gram?

Here's mine:

I had a cream tea at my friend's Mum's house in Derbyshire -- very THICK clotted cream, strawberry jam, and a very yummy scone. Lotsa fat, sugar, and carbs in that little snack!! And even though I suspect that clotted cream is the least-healthy food known to humanity, I still say it was absolutely worth every calorie!
  • I totally indugled over Thanksgiving as well as from before Christmas until New Years day. I gained a couple pounds but am back down to 159 this morning already. Although I didn't lose, I decided I was not going to worry about anything and just enjoy.

If I had to pick one food that I especially don't feel guilty about it would be all the mexican food I ate, and cookies, oh yes the cookies!!!
  • Mmmmmm my husbands home made frangelico truffles, definitely
  • PIZZA!

I like to stick with the classics
  • Waitrose vanilla custard that I had over my Christmas pudding!

Oh and the Brie, but that's not too bad anyway! I should buy more Brie...
  • It has to be the lemon cheesecake I had for Christmas dinner.....and the couple of bites of dh's Christmas pud.

And I second the Brie. Though I am going to eat a little bit more full fat cheese this year, my asthma has improved since I have had a little more full fat dairy, go figure!
  • The pizza I had New Years Eve mmm. Can't beat pizza with some wine.
  • The egg nog flavored ice cream we had for dessert on Christmas.
  • Homemade wine cake. I only have it once a year at Christmas.
  • My cousin's cheesecake. The top layer is sour cream with just a tad of sugar to ballance out the sweetness on the creamcheese. and the homemade graham cracker crust made melted butter. MMM I can still taste it.
  • My aunt's clam dip, made with soy cream cheese. Sounds like it would be naaaaaasty but OHMIGOD! It's insanely good! and lactose-free!
  • Thanks for starting this thread, it's been one of my favourites this year
  • I would have to say having a piece or 2 of Chocolate Cream Pie. It was so delicious. I would have to say oh so good.
  • My mom gave me a raclette grill for Christmas and we fired it up for the first time New Year's Eve. (Yes, I spend NYE with my mommy.) A raclette is kind of like a hibachi grill combined with fondue. Everyone grills meat and veggies on top on a grill and underneath you have a pan for melting cheese. We sipped Asti Spumante (hey, I like it better than the good stuff) from Moroccan tea glasses. It was absolutely, positively worth it.
  • that would have been the butter tart I had (2 actually) and the home made bread I made for christmas dinner....it tasted absolutely delicious when it was mopping up the gravy